Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to do the 100 drawing practice!

The concept is simple; pick something you're having trouble with and draw it a 100 times. Your subject needs to be specific because you want to keep the time it'll take you manageable (5-15 minutes per drawing, though you can make a couple of shorter or longer study),
Great example of the 100 draw at ctrl+Paint

Anyone up for teaming up with me for extra motivation?

(d'you guys think we could do this here or would it be better in picture post/sketchsubforum? It's not really to get any feedback, just to build a support group to not give up after the 30th sketch xD )
            Awwwwwww dammit. I don't think Gaia could possibly handle me posting 100 penises.

dammit gaia why u so pg-13 :'(
Oooh I'm trying to do that.I will do it >:/

I'm starting with feet but I've only done 3 so far. I'd like to start a new 100 every month if I can but I guess it'll depend on how much work I get from college this term.
Aureilias
Oooh I'm trying to do that.I will do it >:/

I'm starting with feet but I've only done 3 so far. I'd like to start a new 100 every month if I can but I guess it'll depend on how much work I get from college this term.

One per month is pretty ambitious! 3nodding I'm aiming at 1-2 month since I have loads of stuff to do in between. I'm glad I'm not the only one trying the 100 thing though whee
Freiheit
per two month would probably be a more reasonable goal (unless you're really compulsive on the sketchbook). School can keep you pretty busy! I'd like to do mine with in a month or two. 3nodding

Perhaps two months is more reasonable at least until summer holiday. emotion_drool

I'd like to do quite a bit in a sketchbook but I'll have to wait until the 9th to buy a load of cheap ones from the college shop. Doing it traditionally should be quicker whereas digital allows me to trace the pictures.

At the moment I'm starting with a blind contour, then I draw it from the photo. Then I trace round some of the foot grooves and then draw it from memory. I feel I'm learning more from this method then just drawing from photos like I did before with hands.

What are you thinking of starting with?
Aureilias
Freiheit
per two month would probably be a more reasonable goal (unless you're really compulsive on the sketchbook). School can keep you pretty busy! I'd like to do mine with in a month or two. 3nodding

Perhaps two months is more reasonable at least until summer holiday. emotion_drool

I'd like to do quite a bit in a sketchbook but I'll have to wait until the 9th to buy a load of cheap ones from the college shop. Doing it traditionally should be quicker whereas digital allows me to trace the pictures.

At the moment I'm starting with a blind contour, then I draw it from the photo. Then I trace round some of the foot grooves and then draw it from memory. I feel I'm learning more from this method then just drawing from photos like I did before with hands.

What are you thinking of starting with?

I'm going digital, I want to use this as an opportunity to get faster at sketching with my intuos. I'm just aiming at a better understanding of arm structure so my characters will be a little less stiff:

I'll probably do a few rendered studies, muscle studies and bones to but mostly just rough gesture sketches:
User Image
Ahh this is great! I should really do this!
Still got alot to learn but atm I'm focusing on anatomy. Think ill draw every part of the body 100 times, and then start doing quick sketches of waist ups, and then moving to full body.
yupyup! heart emotion_yatta
Ooh. This is intriguing!
... ; v; 100 pairs of legs. This oughta' be fun.
My compositions usually really, really suck, so maybe I should sketch a hundred of those.

Leaf

this is a good idea. Nice way to prep for victoria secret summer painting adventure.
I want to learn how to do portraits and characterchers (spelling?) of people.

There's a con coming up in the summer where you don't have to buy a booth to sell art, on the condition that you make your artwork there for people to see! (small con, it was a big hit last year) I need to practice if I want to go.

3/100
SweetSugarCoat
I want to learn how to do portraits and characterchers (spelling?) of people.

There's a con coming up in the summer where you don't have to buy a booth to sell art, on the condition that you make your artwork there for people to see! (small con, it was a big hit last year) I need to practice if I want to go.

3/100

you mean caricature?

O.G. Partier

For posting them, it'd be better suited to the WIP forum, but I don't know that threads there get a lot of attention. There could be links to sketchbook or practice threads in the WIP forum linked here, perhaps? That might be the best way to chronicle several people doing separate studies in one place, without doing a lot of art posting in the AD.

I'll try it with studies of legs, but odds are I'll get tired before I hit 100 and move onto something else and come back. I'm not very good at sticking to specific study regimens on the same topic (without doing anything else) for too long without burning myself out.
I second the WIP forum.

And I want to join! I'll be doing 100 sketches of cars, all drawn from life. It's VERY cold out these days, though, so I probably won't be able to do 100 in a month. I hope you guys don't mind having a turtle on board.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff