Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Millionaire

Yeah i have 0/7 AP projects done and school starts in a month -.- (I just moved)
One we have to illustate a song >.< I want to do Viva La Vida By coldplay, but i have no idea what to do......
            okay so you like

listen to a song

then you think

"dude this sounds like snail peens"

and then you draw snail peens
You could try varying your mark making by the tempo of the song. Do spindly little lines fit the song better, or thick slash looking marks? Both? Are the images tight and nicely rendered, thrown on, purposefully sloppy, or vague and dreamlike? Is there any particular line that sticks in your head and draws up a certain imagery? Even if the imagery is just colors and movement, work with it!
According to my Art History class, "Viva La Vida" is about the fall of the French monarchy/nobility during the French Revolution. So you can do a drawing based on that.

Dangerous Lunatic

Songs tend to make images in my mind when I listen to them. They have color and strokes and patterns and layers. It's hard to describe unless you see it, too.

Aged Noob

15,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Lol they just give the silliest ideas in ap art classes like in the one i'm going in
Just like listen to the song and think of what it remi ds you of. O.o

Generous Millionaire

God Damned Art Kid
You could try varying your mark making by the tempo of the song. Do spindly little lines fit the song better, or thick slash looking marks? Both? Are the images tight and nicely rendered, thrown on, purposefully sloppy, or vague and dreamlike? Is there any particular line that sticks in your head and draws up a certain imagery? Even if the imagery is just colors and movement, work with it!
When I first head it my mind made up a whole scenario, of a young boy with dreams, turned power hungry and lost everything that was ever important to him, the bells metaphorically where a wake up call and he is left to "sweep" up the damage he has done

I took a liking to this line
Be my mirror
My sword
My Shield
My missionary in a foreign field
(Which i think he is talking to a women) To show him his true colors and help him better himself
I over analyze things, that's why I'm not good at projects that are open to interpretation. emotion_facepalm

Dangerous Noob

Rainbow Flavored Rim Job
God Damned Art Kid
When I first head it my mind made up a whole scenario, of a young boy with dreams, turned power hungry and lost everything that was ever important to him, the bells metaphorically where a wake up call and he is left to "sweep" up the damage he has done

Be my mirror
My sword
My Shield
(Which i think he is talking to a women) To show him his true colors and help him better himself
I over analyze things, that's why I'm not good at projects that are open to interpretation. emotion_facepalm

Overanalyzing things is good? Gives you more ideas.

You could paint that scenario.

Generous Millionaire

Schwanengesang
Rainbow Flavored Rim Job
God Damned Art Kid

Be my mirror
My sword
My Shield

Overanalyzing things is good? Gives you more ideas.

You could paint that scenario.
I guess >.< Though i like direction
But yeah no idea how to execute >.<
Vrazhe
            okay so you like

listen to a song

then you think

"dude this sounds like snail peens"

and then you draw snail peens

ohmahgawd <3

Distinct Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Timid 100
Imagine the sounds in terms of visual imagery.

So if a song is in major, use warm colours, and if the song is in minor, use cool colours. A guitar riff might warrant rougher textures than a piano melody.

Profitable Genius

Well close your eyes and see what it is that you visualize. Also, what kind of mood does the song have and how does it make you feel?

Dapper Spotter

Just draw something you like, make up lyrics to go along with it and say they are from some Indie band that nobody's heard of, ahaa.
Or you can explore new music in the process of these pieces. Maybe picks songs lyrics from totally different genres of music to be more diverse?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff