Welcome to Gaia! ::

A 180 page full color graphic novel? Im just curious.

Newbie Noob

Depends on art.

Original Lunatic

Is it a bunch of photocopied paper stapled together?

No lol its actually came from a printing company.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
This is like asking, "how much would you pay for a 180-page book?" What's the book about? What's the writing like? What's the genre? What's your primary demographic?

Show me samples from the book and give me a synopsis, and then maybe I'll give you a better estimate.
Kupocake
This is like asking, "how much would you pay for a 180-page book?" What's the book about? What's the writing like? What's the genre? What's your primary demographic?

Show me samples from the book and give me a synopsis, and then maybe I'll give you a better estimate.

I'm not talking about a specific book. I just mean if you flipped through it and liked the art and you read the back and thought it was a good storyline how much would you pay for it? There are certain limits I would have no matter how good the story or the art was.. So I'm just curious how much people would pay for something they like.
If you're trying to decide what to charge, comics are generally priced at around triple their cost of production.
IronSpike
If you're trying to decide what to charge, comics are generally priced at around triple their cost of production.

I've seen places where it was $40 to make a book and I'm pretty sure no one would buy a $120 book lol
xTeChNo_KiSsEsx
IronSpike

I've seen places where it was $40 to make a book and I'm pretty sure no one would buy a $120 book lol

I'm talking about professionally offset-printed books, financed by publishers and ordered in runs that number in the thousands. Not print-on-demand books.
Oh well I meant print on demand. I figured publishers that would set the price for something they are financing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff