Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to do an art, teach me dammit.
Well everyone has their own motivations so really, what works for one person won't magically work for someone else.

If you want to draw, just do it and keep practising.

Shadowy Rogue

que question

Anxious Sex Symbol

I forget where I read it, but there was an article that really effected me as an artist, and the quote that always rings through my head goes something along the lines of...

"Inspiration is crap. Art is all about discipline. If I sat around and waited for motivation and inspiration to hit me, I'd be poor and hungry. It's the discipline to work hard, even when I wasn't feeling particularly inspired and couldn't think of anything to draw that kept me from stumbling into art blocks and what could have easily turned into a vicious cycle of talentless inspiration, or inspirationless talent."

So just draw. If you can't think of something, find a random generator online to give you a topic and draw that. Stick with it even if you think it's a stupid idea or impossible. Motivation and inspiration will come on their own, but you gotta keep working so you're ready when they hit.

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
For me its just come and go.
Like.

I have this incredible idea in my head...at school...without any drawing supplies, and "POOF"...its gone burning_eyes

Of course it's different for everyone.
I have this game where I just scribble like a baby on a layer with my eyes closed or open, and when I am done, I look after a motive to draw from. The scribble is like a brain idea-growing sketch.

Other times when I am really struggling I look up on stock photos, try to come up with ideas on my own or just build up on a sketch wink Forcing myself literary...

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Like this for example. Maybe it'll help.

Draw something you love. Whether it be from history, myths, real life or still life.
In my case I love mythology and folklore.
And while sitting in my room I started thinking about "japanese", so I started drawing a japanese lady. I twerked with her for a while. Then "kimono" came up, and then "princess/queen/royalty", "ukiyoe" and then "fox/kitsune".

So I came up with a drawing connected to the myth/folklore: Kuzunoha 葛ãŪ葉. Was said to be a kitsune, and also the mother of a famous ommyoji, Abe no Seimei.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So use your brain. It's a reflex for it to link one thing to much more. Like brain mapping.

Doting Fairy

be patient and keep practicing. look at other artworks to be inspired to one day be as good as them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff