Welcome to Gaia! ::

So after years of not drawing, ive been drawing sorta here and there and get bothered easy when i draw, cause it doesnt come out the way i want...but just asking for some advice on how maybe i could get back drawing like i use to, cause i really miss drawing. Like anyone know good refence sites where i could maybe find pose refs or something to start me off? thnx for your time 3nodding

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Pixelovely is a good tool. Any given stock photo site might also help as a resource.

But going outside to draw people and buildings from life, or doing still lifes around your own home are great options to consider first.
Hmm, well one thing that helps me is making a list of all of my favorite artist and keeping up to date with their art. smile Their art ends up inspiring me and pushing me to work even more! Also, I follow a lot of tumblr art blogs so there's always some good ref here and there...Uhm..

Oh, for ref, I usually look at stock photos on DA, pose myself (haha awkward!)
cool thnx guys ill try the things u suggested. heart

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
One tactic I used was that I traced over some of my old art (Yes it's sad) and over all look at them too see where I went wrong and try to memorize how the picture was then draw it. But my stategy may seem a bit bland and sad.

I recommend that you use the other comment's help they seem more useful.
You could try printing out the image you want to draw, then trace the outside line of it. After that you could fill in the inside, and fix your mistakes. You also need practice and patience! wink 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff