Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
So i'm finally going to be getting a Drawing Tablet (Bamboo Capture to be specific). i know it comes with photoshop elements, and a sketchbook program, but what are some other good websites/programs to use that are reliable, and easy to use?
(and preferably free razz )

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

As far as Iknow any graphic program works with a tablet, think of the tablet as a glorified mouse so just pick a program you are comfortable with.
It's worth remembering that Photoshop was not, specifically, designed with illustration in mind. They've done a lot in more recent releases to make it a friendlier drawing tool, but it was originally formulated for photo manipulation and graphic design.

That being said, the best art program for you should be determined by your interests.

If you want to make comics, get a copy of Manga Studio EX.
If you want to make painterly illustrations, get Corel Painter, ArtRage or Paint Tool SAI.
if you want an all-around workhorse with basic capability in multiple tasks, get Photoshop or GIMP.
If you want to do 3D modeling, get Mudbox or ZBrush.

5,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I use Elements 7 and it works perfectly fine.

CS5 and Easy Paint Tool SAI are worth getting, but both are expensive. Honestly, having heard a lot about different programs, there's no too much else people use. If you're desperate for CS5 or Sai, it's possible to find downloads, but I wouldn't recommend that since they're /illegal/ and there's a high risk for viruses. Not to mention they can have glitches, I've come across people who have torrented copies that don't allow saving.

If I were you I'd stick with elements. It works and it's pretty easy to figure out.

Also: Don't use gimp. I've used gimp, I can honestly say in my opinion it's really bad compared to PS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff