Welcome to Gaia! ::

richie frost
RapGameSentry
richie frost
RapGameSentry
richie frost
3 animation programs. ive been making short GIF's on paint tool sai because i hadnt thought of making any long films until now and i have about $2000 (U.S) saved up. not sure what program i should buy.

i prefer 2D, hand drawn animation rather than bones. ive never worked with any of these programs before so if anyone could give me a suggestion or some info of their experiences id appreciate it alot! rolleyes

get flash cs3 man its the best! and if you have skype we should skype and work at the same time! (if i'm not coming off as creepy...)

lol nahh you're not coming off as creepy at all, so far ive only done short fight scenes, attempted to do walking animation, and hair blowing in the wind. im thinking about making a trailer for my new comic with epic annimations so people will get hyped for it so if i could possibly get some help thatd be awsome!
DUDE! all i do is help people with animation!! we gotta hangout!!

thats awsome, but im not getting the program till like the next 2 weeks when i finish my summer job so.. but still we should!

definitely my niggah!!!!

Desirable Friend

richie frost
gogodr
what style of animation are you fond with?
Drawing each frame? making puppets ?
Because even though this might sound really dumb at first, Flash is a really nice tool for animation.

There is also the Manga Studio brother Anime Studio.

im use to frame by frame hand drawn animation, i absolutely despise "bones" in animation. the puppetty feel just irritates me. i have anime studio and its probably the most irritating animation program ive ever use honestly. manga studio on the other hand is for painting and making manga, not sure ill need it sweatdrop

For frame by frame animation flash might be the way to go.
And it is not ridiculously expensive now with Adobe CC, you just have to pay a monthly licence as you see fit.( we are talking like 30$/month )

Clean Consumer

gogodr
richie frost
gogodr
Because even though this might sound really dumb at first, Flash is a really nice tool for animation.

im use to frame by frame hand drawn animation, i absolutely despise "bones" in animation. the puppetty feel just irritates me. i have anime studio and its probably the most irritating animation program ive ever use honestly. manga studio on the other hand is for painting and making manga, not sure ill need it sweatdrop

And it is not ridiculously expensive now with Adobe CC, you just have to pay a monthly licence as you see fit.( we are talking like 30$/month )

yeah so i heard, but that actually pissed me off because i saved up alot of money and i would rather pay once and keep the program forever rather than keep paying. man that sucks lol

Desirable Friend

richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr

yeah so i heard, but that actually pissed me off because i saved up alot of money and i would rather pay once and keep the program forever rather than keep paying. man that sucks lol

what tablet do you currently own?
It might be a better investment to get a cintiq if you can afford it.
I mean, why pay upfront 750$ (you can still get the full Flash CS6 I think), when you can virtually push the licence every month with every paycheck ?

My advice is to improve your workstation instead of wasting your money on the software. It is no longer needed. Adobe learned that they were losing sales selling their products as products (sounds counter intuitive I know), they are selling them as services now and making the licence affordable to fight piracy, really there is no reason for a professional to pirate any product from the adobe suit since now you can pretty much pay the whole license with just a couple of hours of work. This is a huge step forward adobe took for the freelancers and little studios.

Clean Consumer

gogodr
richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr

I mean, why pay upfront 750$ (you can still get the full Flash CS6 I think), when you can virtually push the licence every month with every paycheck ?

My advice is to improve your workstation instead of wasting your money on the software. It is no longer needed. Adobe learned that they were losing sales selling their products as products (sounds counter intuitive I know), they are selling them as services now and making the licence affordable to fight piracy, really there is no reason for a professional to pirate any product from the adobe suit since now you can pretty much pay the whole license with just a couple of hours of work. This is a huge step forward adobe took for the freelancers and little studios.

lol well first of all i dont have a credit card to be paying monthly. i only work during holidays to make an extra buck or two. I'm still in college now and id prefer to have it forever than to keep paying monthly.

Desirable Friend

richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr

lol well first of all i dont have a credit card to be paying monthly. i only work during holidays to make an extra buck or two. I'm still in college now and id prefer to have it forever than to keep paying monthly.

More the reason, you can renew your subscription only the months you want to work.
Think about this, you have to pay more than 2 full years of subscription to reach that 750$
Also you can just not pay the month if you don't plan on working in animation that month.
Other advantage is that you get the updates for free, no need to buy the next version to get the new nifty tools.

But in the end it really comes down to this: Do you think that 2 years from now you will be using the same software? Of course you can, and some great artists do. I know a few that still use Photoshop 6 (not CS6, the old one that came with ImageReady)

Clean Consumer

gogodr
richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr

More the reason, you can renew your subscription only the months you want to work.
Think about this, you have to pay more than 2 full years of subscription to reach that 750$
Also you can just not pay the month if you don't plan on working in animation that month.
Other advantage is that you get the updates for free, no need to buy the next version to get the new nifty tools.

But in the end it really comes down to this: Do you think that 2 years from now you will be using the same software? Of course you can, and some great artists do. I know a few that still use Photoshop 6 (not CS6, the old one that came with ImageReady)

yeah i see your logic, but for me personally who doesnt have a credit card, and i know my parents wont let me use theirs xD its better for me to get a 750$ package and keep forever

Desirable Friend

richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr

yeah i see your logic, but for me personally who doesnt have a credit card, and i know my parents wont let me use theirs xD its better for me to get a 750$ package and keep forever

well, just checked and price when down to 20$/month,
sucks that you don't have a cc tho.
Personally I have a debit account on a bank that gives me a VISA card that I can use no problem. Maybe you should look into that?

Clean Consumer

gogodr
richie frost
gogodr
richie frost
gogodr

well, just checked and price when down to 20$/month,
sucks that you don't have a cc tho.
Personally I have a debit account on a bank that gives me a VISA card that I can use no problem. Maybe you should look into that?

i did haha, my parents wont allow it XD
Pencil2D, PlasticAnimationPaper, and EasyToon are all free, but they're not very extensive of programs (easytoon is very simple, no colour). There's also someone's program called Sai Animation Assitant, you just have to put together the gif in another program.
Surely these programs have trial versions so you could try them out before buying them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff