Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Demigod

I really really want to draw my OC fighting with one of my friend's, but I can't find good references I can go by..
I want something that has to do with fists, or well, the body in general. No weapons.
If one is being punched by the other, that'd be amazing. I'm having a really hard time finding such..
Both OCs are male, though if you find any male vs female or female vs female shoot them my way as well if you would heart

Desirable Demigod

emotion_donotwant

Basochist's Prince

Mysterious Master

14,540 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Desirable Demigod

emotion_donotwant !

Desirable Demigod

Christian Dashkov

Oooh the second one is really useful, I'd have to draw them frowning though o xo thank you~

Anxious Sex Symbol

What sorts of fighting do you have in mind? If it's martial arts, you could look up videos of Judo or Muy Thai for reference on what sorts of moves you could capture them doing. For less 'refined' work there are quite a few movies about boxing that have some pretty good scenes and still images. (Cinderella Man comes to mind, so does Million Dollar Baby for female boxing)

Desirable Demigod

Oralborous

More of boxing, but without the boxing gloves. I wanted to draw them both throwing a punch to each other, ready to take a hit. I'll look those up, thank you c:
I recommend looking at either comic art and browsing through pictures of superhero fights (especially since most of them don't use weapons) or I use a site posemaniacs.com, which has a small section of couple poses.The only problem with those is pretty much all the references will be kind of beefed up because they use more muscular models. Another silly thing to do would just to watch pro wrestling or boxing or cage fighting videos and do figure drawings until you're comfortable to come up with something you like, or even just copy from what you're watching (or just google img search I guess, personally i don't like watching those kind of things. Some of the men or women might be very muscular but you might be surprised, some of them have thinner frames if that's what youre looking for.

Desirable Demigod

Meomel

MEAT PEOPLE AW YISS! Lol but yea that's really useful, thank you c: I completely forgot about superhero fights, I'll look that up too. I'd feel awkward watching half naked super muscular men beating the s**t out of each other though, which is why I'm not really trying to find it by watching boxing matches aha. ; w; But that's just me.
You want this book as a start:

http://www.amazon.com/Draw-Anime-Game-Characters-Vol/dp/4766112547/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416280114&sr=8-1&keywords=mastering+battle+moves

Also, I can't recommend drawing from life enough. If you can, attend a martial arts class, and just sketch what you see.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Peculiar Entrepreneur

This book and basically the whole series is perfect reference.

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Saxa Arceli

I really really want to draw my OC fighting with one of my friend's, but I can't find good references I can go by..
I want something that has to do with fists, or well, the body in general. No weapons.
If one is being punched by the other, that'd be amazing. I'm having a really hard time finding such..
Both OCs are male, though if you find any male vs female or female vs female shoot them my way as well if you would heart

Possibly not much help but did you try getting wrestling pics?

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Oralborous
What sorts of fighting do you have in mind? If it's martial arts, you could look up videos of Judo or Muy Thai for reference on what sorts of moves you could capture them doing. For less 'refined' work there are quite a few movies about boxing that have some pretty good scenes and still images. (Cinderella Man comes to mind, so does Million Dollar Baby for female boxing)

Great avi!

Timid Tipper

Try looking at some MMA fighters. Their gloves are smaller than boxing gloves, so you shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out how to draw the poses without them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff