Welcome to Gaia! ::

All I own are the standard Tyconderoga #2 pencils......
I like Ticonderoga for quick sketches, but I prefer shading pencils. Brand doesn't matter much to me when it comes to shading pencils but my favorite pencil is the 4B for some reason.

If you haven't used different softer or harder lead types I recommend you try them.

Charming Cultist

33,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
I use mechanical pencils, HB lead. : I've got some drawing pencils somewhere, but I don't usually need them if I'm intending to ink and color on the computer.

Original Lunatic

Right now, it's "Whatever's cheap" which means I just stock up on mechanical pencils and lead from the dollar store, hahaha.

When it comes to pencils with a hardness degree, I usually chose a Faber Castel set. I love their markers, so I always just go with their pencils and I've never been disappointed.

If we're talking about our favorite hardness though, gimme that ebony. So smoooooothhhh and daarrrrkkk. Mmhmmm!

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
cheap cheap cheap mechanical pencils. i mean the ones that are so cheap its better to buy a new pencil than refill the lead. i love them

Hygienic Noob

5,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
i draw better with a normal pencil than soem peopel using proffesional ones neutral

Hygienic Noob

5,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Shanna66
cheap cheap cheap mechanical pencils. i mean the ones that are so cheap its better to buy a new pencil than refill the lead. i love them
i dotn think pencils you use matter i think what matters is how u draw
Albino Sea Monkey
Right now, it's "Whatever's cheap" which means I just stock up on mechanical pencils and lead from the dollar store, hahaha.

When it comes to pencils with a hardness degree, I usually chose a Faber Castel set. I love their markers, so I always just go with their pencils and I've never been disappointed.

If we're talking about our favorite hardness though, gimme that ebony. So smoooooothhhh and daarrrrkkk. Mmhmmm!

I've used their markers before, and I agree. They're awesome.

I haven't, however, tried their pencils. Are they comfy?

Original Lunatic

Arararagi
Albino Sea Monkey

Eh, they're just typical straight wood pencils. They're no more comfortable for your hand than a plain ol' yellow pencil.

But I do think they lay down pretty smooth. I've never gotten any lumps or flecks in my sketches (I get that with inferior colored pencils...).
Albino Sea Monkey
Arararagi
Albino Sea Monkey

Hm, I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks.

Eh, they're just typical straight wood pencils. They're no more comfortable for your hand than a plain ol' yellow pencil.

But I do think they lay down pretty smooth. I've never gotten any lumps or flecks in my sketches (I get that with inferior colored pencils...).

Tipsy Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
General's black layout pencils are the loves of my life. heart

Honeybeast's Pardner

Shy Phantom

Im not sure of the brand but my 2H is my baby.
That or a regular cheap mechanical pencil.
            I use whatever is near.
deadly-lunar-panda
Im not sure of the brand but my 2H is my baby.
That or a regular cheap mechanical pencil.

I should probably invest in a mechanical pencil.... Sharpening these pencils are a bore...

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
I bought an art kit box thing for my art program and in it there were three woodless pencils, 4B, 6B, and 8B. They equal love to me right now! <3
I have wood pencils of the same softness, but there’s something about the woodless ones that makes all the difference to me!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff