Welcome to Gaia! ::

I use General's. They work great!

Leaf

ball point pen. pencils smudge.

Thieving Rogue

NuMedia Millie

This just proves how messy of a worker I am, but ball point pen can smudge too. lol

Leaf

MintySin
NuMedia Millie

This just proves how messy of a worker I am, but ball point pen can smudge too. lol
it dries pretty fast. You gotta act quickly to smear that s**t around.

Thieving Rogue

NuMedia Millie
MintySin
NuMedia Millie

This is true. I think it really depends on the pen though. Like the cheapo ones you get by the dozen smear really bad for a pretty long time. It's nothing like smearing a pencil drawing though so there's a definite plus to ball points there.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mechanical Pencil with HB lead for when I'm just doodling crap and with a blue lead for when I am actually drawing something.
I'd say my favourite would be my Staedtler pacer that I had to use for my graphics class with H leads. So clean, so smooth and never jams. Ever. Uhuhuhu
(I RAN OUT OF H LEADS AND I CAN'T FIND REPLACEMENTS! So i've had to settle for HB lead nowadays. OTL.)

Occasionally I end up using my pack of Derwent H to 9B leads that I got given a while back though.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I can't decide on brand, I totally love my TOZ soft led pencils which I can't find anywhere on market because they were dirt cheap, but awesome.
Stadler and faber castel are in my pencil box and I am satisfied, even though faber ones are twice as expensive as stadler and 3 times than TOZ. gonk
Shading wise I like to use ebony pencils, but the only bad thing is that you still get the shiny lead look when you're done shading. crying

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Nathaniel Mea
Mechanical Pencil with HB lead for when I'm just doodling crap and with a blue lead for when I am actually drawing something.

is there a reason behind using blue lead? alot of people seem to prefer it but im nopt really sure why

Honeybeast's Pardner

Shy Phantom

Arararagi
deadly-lunar-panda
Im not sure of the brand but my 2H is my baby.
That or a regular cheap mechanical pencil.

I should probably invest in a mechanical pencil.... Sharpening these pencils are a bore...
Its a pretty good investment by my standards. I cant do without a sharp point. xD it annoys me.
Though I should probably start working with pen as well.

Thieving Rogue

I use mechanical pencils, the "click twist erase" kind because....I like them. XD I also buy lead that ranges from 4b to 4h. :3

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Shanna66
Nathaniel Mea

is there a reason behind using blue lead? alot of people seem to prefer it but im nopt really sure why

When you ink it and scan it the blue doesn't show.

Beloved Raider

7,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think I mostly use H and 3B because those two I need to replace more often than others. So I guess they are my favourites then. smile
MintySin
NuMedia Millie
MintySin
NuMedia Millie

This is true. I think it really depends on the pen though. Like the cheapo ones you get by the dozen smear really bad for a pretty long time. It's nothing like smearing a pencil drawing though so there's a definite plus to ball points there.

I love drawing with pens. They give a certain smoothness (or scratchiness) that pencils can't (or at least I haven't used one that can yet).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff