Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Smoker

So I've decided that the one thing I would like for Christmas is a drawing tablet to entertain me in the winter months and so on.
I've been looking up tablets.. I will NOT buy anything Apple. c; But I've heard the Bamboo series is really good.
I found the Intuous Pro series... it looks fascinating. Does anyone have those?
349 for a medium tablet and 499 for a large one...
I'm a pretty good artist, you see. I like realism and anime very much.
I've been drawing all my life and I know having a drawing tablet will give me so much practice to experiment and get better.
I'm not too familiar with digital drawing but I can learn fast!~
Does anyone draw out there? What brand do you use? Any advice...?
I would really appreciate any feedback!

Indulgent Dabbler

I do! I use Corel painter 2015 and an intuos pro large. I actually know quite a few brands that would make pretty good starter graphics tablets c: bamboo series, the new plain intuos, a basic monoprice, and from what I have heard huions are good too!

Because you do traditional art already, getting something like a cintique, or a monoprice screen tablet would probably make you the most comfortable with digital drawing, as it can be really weird not looking down at what you are drawing.

Peculiar Entrepreneur

From personal exp the biggest thing you will have to worry about is usb failure. Its a common problem in intuos and cintiq tablets. Make sure you have a warranty!
My first tablet was a small bamboo. They don't make the model I had anymore but it was pretty good minus the fact that the pen pressure kept disappearing. Currently I use a 8x6 monoprice. It's inexpensive and serves me well. I draw in photoshop but paint tool SAI is a preferred program among many anime artists.

Angelic Assailant

I can recommend a (large) Bamboo if you use a desktop monitor and perhaps a Intuos for laptops and stuff.
I owned both of those, Bamboo is really nice to use with (since I use a desktop monitor) and Intuos Manga is also nice to use too! I bought a small one and I can say it's good for travel purposes, especially when you own a laptop. You can also buy a separate wireless thingy for Intuos, which doesn't need you to plug in the USB cord. Well, that's all I can say :> Feel free to ask about this~ <3

Friendly Hunter

You really can't go wrong with the Wacom brand.
I used a Wacom Intuous 3 for like 6 years, and it still works to this day. (But I had to re-sodder/fix the wires on it like 4 times.)
and last year I upgraded to a Medium Intuous 5. Absolutely love it.
They are pretty expensive. (Not as pricey as Cintiq ) But personally worth the investment because how long they last.

Bamboo is a perfectly acceptable cheaper alternative.

I would be a little wary of monoprice tablets only because a lot of people have driver issues when setting them up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff