Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hellraiser

So I'm trying to get back into drawing.
I get motivated but quickly lose that.
I feel talentless and constantly compare and expect perfection.

But I was thinking maybe if I had more art supplies other than sketch pencils, drawing books and tons if sketchbooks that need to be filled, I'd have more motivation to get my art done.

Any good colored markers? Like pens or pencil crayons. Something like that
Brand?

What do you do when you need motivation? How do you keep it? Do you compare your art to others?

I hope this is the right forum

Obsessive milonguera

I sometimes fall in love with something new and small from the art supply store that calls to me to be bought, and I play with it when I get home. New paper, or a pink pencil for sketching. smile

Usually my motivation comes from the awesome ideas and visions I have in my head. razz I want to share them with the world. Or at least take them out of my head. If the idea sounds great enough, motivation is automatic.

But I think it is acceptable not to have motivation always. Yesterday my current project looked very tedious so I decided to make a few accordion booklets instead. Internet is a great place for ideas and knowledge.
When i compare my work to other's i usually look for mistakes in mine for example if i was drawing a face and i messed up on the nose, i would look at other's work to get the right idea on how to draw my nose better ^_^ not so much "oh their's is better" bc everyone's got their own style
no mountain of supplies will motivate you any more than what you can already motivate yourself. You'll just be broke and still where you're at.

However, some nice supplies that I enjoy (but don't use enough) are copic makers (very versatile and can be refilled) and prismacolor premier pencil crayons. The leads are rather soft so they blend together very well.

I use microns to line things but they sometimes bleed. I also have a technical pen, but it was about $25 and you have to buy ink separate. It's very nice though.

Hellraiser

SailorVera
no mountain of supplies will motivate you any more than what you can already motivate yourself. You'll just be broke and still where you're at.

However, some nice supplies that I enjoy (but don't use enough) are copic makers (very versatile and can be refilled) and prismacolor premier pencil crayons. The leads are rather soft so they blend together very well.

I use microns to line things but they sometimes bleed. I also have a technical pen, but it was about $25 and you have to buy ink separate. It's very nice though.

I know it will be difficult and I'm just thinking that if I draw, I can actually finish it.
I only have pencils and sketchbooks and would like something more colorful tofer my mind going

Those sound really nice!
When I go out of town I'll have a look to see if I can find them or something similar.
I've only had crayola haha

Hellraiser

A.D.1492
I sometimes fall in love with something new and small from the art supply store that calls to me to be bought, and I play with it when I get home. New paper, or a pink pencil for sketching. smile

Usually my motivation comes from the awesome ideas and visions I have in my head. razz I want to share them with the world. Or at least take them out of my head. If the idea sounds great enough, motivation is automatic.

But I think it is acceptable not to have motivation always. Yesterday my current project looked very tedious so I decided to make a few accordion booklets instead. Internet is a great place for ideas and knowledge.

I have all these ideas in my head and have have no color to use.
I'll usually sketch it out then it'll be so... Plain and it won't pop.

One of the reasons I'm asking is because I just drew something last night but had an idea for the hair.
And had no colors.

Other reason is that I'm drawing out my tattoo ideas

Hellraiser

His Pandaa
When i compare my work to other's i usually look for mistakes in mine for example if i was drawing a face and i messed up on the nose, i would look at other's work to get the right idea on how to draw my nose better ^_^ not so much "oh their's is better" bc everyone's got their own style

I have accepted my style but I'm still trying to improve and work with it to see if I can make it to my liking.
I get ideas from others and usually need a reference to help. I get a lot of ideas from other artists.
ectogasm
His Pandaa

I have accepted my style but I'm still trying to improve and work with it to see if I can make it to my liking.
I get ideas from others and usually need a reference to help. I get a lot of ideas from other artists.

Just keep practicing ^ u ^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces