Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine General

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
Divine Visual
Asteriale
My snapping point for that question was when I was living with part of my family I couldn't stand because of their ways/views. Their views was gays are the anti-christ. Automatic shunning by the family. So me being a female drawing a detailed female bodies was questioned. Not to metion the tone of some of the questions was just ugh.
eek ... Oh no. I can understand why then. Sometimes it's not about what you ask, it's how you ask it. It sounds like paranoia to me, did they eventually understand it? e.g. As a female, it's easier to draw females since you understand the anatomy, or other good reasons to draw ladies, etc?

Blazing Smoker

Asteriale
Divine Visual
Asteriale
My snapping point for that question was when I was living with part of my family I couldn't stand because of their ways/views. Their views was gays are the anti-christ. Automatic shunning by the family. So me being a female drawing a detailed female bodies was questioned. Not to metion the tone of some of the questions was just ugh.
eek ... Oh no. I can understand why then. Sometimes it's not about what you ask, it's how you ask it. It sounds like paranoia to me, did they eventually understand it? e.g. As a female, it's easier to draw females since you understand the anatomy, or other good reasons to draw ladies, etc?

Doesn't help matters I'm bi. My computer was also stuffed full of semi/completely naked women as reference photos. It was asked in a accusing tone and seeing as I was living with the family at the time they wouldn't have hesitated to kick me out. Sad fact was I up-planted my life to help them take care of a dieing family member.

Divine General

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
Divine Visual
confused /Patpatpat
I hope things are a lot better now?

Blazing Smoker

Asteriale
Divine Visual
confused /Patpatpat
I hope things are a lot better now?

Yeah I've move back to where my sister and her kids lives.
Sad fact is me and my parents both up-rooted our lives from my sister and her kids to actually go help my "grandparents" because my "grandpa" was dieing. When someone says something about me getting a husband I always ask them why it has to be a husband. rofl Had to make not to make those jokes in front of them. Now that I'm back home to hell with it. dramallama

Dapper Krampus

"Oh, is that anime style?"

Blazing Smoker

Addykat
"Oh, is that anime style?"

No It's my style. emotion_donotwant
Yeah I had a lot of friends who drew/liked anime and was constantly comparing my art to shows.

wan heart's Senpai

Friendly Lunatic

psychobilly-freakout555
One thing I hate is when people tell me I need to 'broaden my horizons' because I only draw female characters. b***h, my horizons are fine right where they are.
Pretty much this. I lose motivation easily with other subjects.

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

I guess a pet-peeve of mine is the assumption that having certain materials instantly makes you a better artist, because its the same logic that applies to "being born with talent". It doesn't come magically, it takes skill and you need to earn it, whether its from community classes or going to college. If you spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on Copic markers but still have no skills on how to color with markers, then that's that. You're gonna have to practice to obtain your skill.

It doesn't even matter what you have, anyways - its about how you use what you have along with your will to improve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff