Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
I can't seem to figure what colors I should blend together with color pencils to get this guy hair. Dose any one have any idea what two colors I should try blending together?
Gaian OC Hair

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
different shades of teat, green, and blue i guess

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Light green and teal for base and highlights, medium to dark blue for mid-tones, and a dark, desaturated red, perhaps burgundy or mahogany, for the darkest shadows. The difference in color will add contrast and warmth.
I would use use Teal and dark blue, and for the darkest shadows maybe a purple/maroon. Good luck in colouring, I find it the trickiest yet most therapeutic stage of drawing.

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
Sera Michaelis
Light green and teal for base and highlights, medium to dark blue for mid-tones, and a dark, desaturated red, perhaps burgundy or mahogany, for the darkest shadows. The difference in color will add contrast and warmth.
I didn't think of reds to mix in. Thanks. 3nodding

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
BloodRedHellion
I would use use Teal and dark blue, and for the darkest shadows maybe a purple/maroon. Good luck in colouring, I find it the trickiest yet most therapeutic stage of drawing.
Yea it is. especially when you figured it out or see the results of the test faze.

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
Thanks guys. I was trying to mix turquoise with gray. But I'll try the different shades and red. 3nodding

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
Sera Michaelis
I must thank you. I finilly found a teal though I was thinking that but only could find a turquoise at first. So teal the color of that hair. Thanks so much. biggrin

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
I always try to just blend a corresponding color with one next to it on the color wheel, and if I don't have one I use one as an inbetween or a lighter color.

White is the perfect blending tool.

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
Pirate Captain Sushi
I always try to just blend a corresponding color with one next to it on the color wheel, and if I don't have one I use one as an inbetween or a lighter color.

White is the perfect blending tool.
Nice intresting. I think I was told that in high school and must of forgot.
I think you should try more blue and a bit of green- or go look for color pencils which have this hue( I once had a ccolor pencil with that hue but it got lost) xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff