Welcome to Gaia! ::

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I was wondering if anyone here happens to use charcoal and if so, what your recommendations for what to get are. I draw really well and have used similar mediums in the past so beginner information isn't necessary, I want to know what the best things out there to use are.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Hard to tell if what I consider beginner info and what I consider beginner info are the same thing: So: Thinnest willow charcoal possible, kneed-able eraser, tissues or something to rest hand on. If you're asking about brands, I can't say I've ever had a particular problem with the cheapest available. Dam. Now you've brought this up I'm thinking it's been about 2yrs (nearly) since I did any charcoal stuff... now I want to again.

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
BRAZEKOOL
Hard to tell if what I consider beginner info and what I consider beginner info are the same thing: So: Thinnest willow charcoal possible, kneed-able eraser, tissues or something to rest hand on. If you're asking about brands, I can't say I've ever had a particular problem with the cheapest available. Dam. Now you've brought this up I'm thinking it's been about 2yrs (nearly) since I did any charcoal stuff... now I want to again.

I basically just wanted suggestions on quality charcoaling tools hence the not wanting things tailored for beginners. I'd rather spend my money on things that are actually worth the cost when I know this is something I would be good at. I draw portrait-style pictures of people so whatever would be best for that.

Thank you for the recommendations heart

Ha ha, go for it.
In college, my professor recommended the brand Char-Kole. I like this brand because it can gets really nice blacks and doesn't have any metallic shine to it that I've seen in some charcoal. I also really like the way it feels when I'm drawing with it.

Commander in Chief

Ineka
In college, my professor recommended the brand Char-Kole. I like this brand because it can gets really nice blacks and doesn't have any metallic shine to it that I've seen in some charcoal. I also really like the way it feels when I'm drawing with it.
Did you know that I have a Twitter account because I am awesome? TWEET ME! I'LL GIVE YOU FACTS! OK bye bye! @presdiedrich

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff