Fall 0.07156862745098 7.2% [ 73 ]
Winter 0.054901960784314 5.5% [ 56 ]
Any time! 0.46470588235294 46.5% [ 474 ]
Total Votes:[ 1020 ]

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Well the Jim Henson company and Disney are rather protective of their properties but there are companies that don't care.

I was thinking of asking my favorite author if I could sell prints of a fanart I did for her.

Shadowy Phantom

Ah sorry, I was thinking anime licensors, not other companies.

If you can ask, do.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Oh, I can. She's the type that responds personally to her email and LJ.

If she doesn't want me to(or her contract doesn't allow it), it's no biggie. I'm just rather proud of how the piece turned out and want to make it available to fans.

Mpix.com is having a 50% off sale on their 8x10 prints! I want to get some metallic-finish prints of some of my work. D:
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me... ^^;;

FROM GOTPRINT.COM

My question is, does anyone know if it's possible to order 250 varied bookmarks, (5 sets of 50 to be exact) from them, or do I have to make 5 seperate orders of 50? And if you know the answer, how do I order multiple? Thank you!

ABOUT KEYCHAINS

Where do you get your keychains cut? Do you do it yourself? I don't have any type of machine or anything to do it. I don't have a lot of money either so I can't buy one... I just want to make laminated keychains but I don't know where to get them cut out @.@;; Does anyone know what to do? Thank you : )
Ooh, that is pretty, Sei... makes me interested to check out the series, too.

And I'll probably be taking a look at that site you mentioned, too, in spite of my whole "not a print artist" thing. I'm considering doing some original art prints (as I always do), and metallic could be fun...
CuteyHoneyChan
@Fiammetta: Awesome!

Ooh, and I'm wondering if anyone's ever tried making skins for Nintendo DS's, X-box's, or I-pod's....? There's a lot of gamer's at San-Japan....

(Plus, I wouldn't mind a HSS skin for my Nano.... whee )

I've considered this, but I'm not sure how to actually pull it off since it'd have to be something very durable to handle a lot of wear and tear. I wanted to do something on the little covers we have for our Wii remotes.

Sei: That's very lovely. I've never read those books, but the character looks really cool.
I've thought about skins, but I don't think I'd really want to sell them... they're fun to design and all but they're such an investment, and with the markup to be able to make anything back they'd probably be too expensive to successfully market unless you had a really kickass design.

Kasyrrah, if you do want something for personal use, I do know the skins from skinit.com are durable (had one on my last phone, and it's still there after two years of abuse, and still looks good). Anything your Wiimotes would suffer would probably not be as bad as my phone did, unless you're putting them through windows. smile There's a couple of other sites that let you design your own, too, that I"ve looked over. If I ever decide a design for my own Wiimotes, I'll probably go for it.

Edit: Hah, forgot I was going to toss this out here... with all the various new printing places out there (most of which I'm unfamiliar with, with the "not doing prints" thing), has anyone seen a place that does good-quality clear prints, for either "clear file" type work, or sericel-type work? (And additionally, any heavy plastic printing, ie pencil boards?) I just have no clue what's out there for printers...

Shadowy Phantom

Haven't seen any places like that, I'd love to find one :/

Cheery Sweetheart

Ooh, that SkinIt site is cool!

I think I'm gonna make skins out of photos I took in France of pretty castles and cathedrals and stuff.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Vicemage

Edit: Hah, forgot I was going to toss this out here... with all the various new printing places out there (most of which I'm unfamiliar with, with the "not doing prints" thing), has anyone seen a place that does good-quality clear prints, for either "clear file" type work, or sericel-type work? (And additionally, any heavy plastic printing, ie pencil boards?) I just have no clue what's out there for printers...
I actually looked for printers that could pencil boards, but no go. >> Although I guess we could contact a printer and see if they could do it.
That might be a good idea, if we can find a good candidate that could do lower print runs... makes me wonder, actually, if it's something Printsess could pull off, since I sort of remember that a long time back when they were first starting up as PaperForest that they did clear business cards.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Yeah. And Printsess is pretty familiar with the anime community so we wouldn't have to explain what a pencil board is XD;

Shadowy Phantom

If one of you asks and gets a response, make sure to post it here (and/or on the Wiki)~
Shot off an email to them. Can't hurt to ask, after all!
I have another question!

What do you guys think would be a good way to connect two buttons?

What I'm doing is making a two button set - Chain Chomp and his post. I want them to be connected somehow. By a chain, preferably. I thought of using those little... key chain ball-baring strings, but I couldn't think of how to connect them to the buttons. Is there some kind of jewelry chain that I could connect with the help of my trusty pliers? What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know of any stores that sell cell phone charm straps? Like mini-lanyard things? I skimmed the beginning of the thread, but the posts are pretty old, so I'm not sure how accurate the information is. Near me, there's Target, Wallgreens, Staples, Office Max... There's a Blick and an Utrecht that I can get to... and there's a Walmart, though I would like to avoid shopping there if that's at all possible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff