Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I think we should start art classes it is good and art it's not only about paint and a brush it's much more then that cool biggrin

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Nobody asked or ur ******** reply
little_diva2640

If you don't want replies to your posts, don't put them in public forums, pottymouth.

Charming Cultist

33,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
It's hard enough for me to understand the concept of online classes, but online art classes would be even odder. Especially once it comes time for /group critique/. With real art classes, you can't cheat and tweak the image with photoshop before your crit.

So that would be a no.

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Young Master Aibiki
It's hard enough for me to understand the concept of online classes, but online art classes would be even odder. Especially once it comes time for /group critique/. With real art classes, you can't cheat and tweak the image with photoshop before your crit.

So that would be a no.
I'm going to an online college right now, they have live chats wih the instructor, and students, they have groups for those who want to study in groups, they have discussion boards and ways to present assignments. there's as much interaction as you want. I'm assuming all online colleges have these features. I chose this route because of my physical limitations. My school isn't an art school but I know of at least one person who is taking animation classes online.

Interesting Dabbler

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
God-the-almighty
Young Master Aibiki

So that would be a no.
I'm going to an online college right now, they have live chats wih the instructor, and students, they have groups for those who want to study in groups, they have discussion boards and ways to present assignments. there's as much interaction as you want. I'm assuming all online colleges have these features. I chose this route because of my physical limitations. My school isn't an art school but I know of at least one person who is taking animation classes online.

I think I've seen where art colleges have listed possible e-studio courses. I imagine it could work, to a degree, if carefully done/organized? I wonder if having students film part of the art process or critiques via skype would work? There might be ways to safeguard against tweaking images/cheating, as well. Not sure, but it would be an interesting idea at the least.
little_diva2640
nobody asked you to post in a public forum :/

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

sketchedexistence
God-the-almighty
Young Master Aibiki

So that would be a no.

I think I've seen where art colleges have listed possible e-studio courses. I imagine it could work, to a degree, if carefully done/organized? I wonder if having students film part of the art process or critiques via skype would work? There might be ways to safeguard against tweaking images/cheating, as well. Not sure, but it would be an interesting idea at the least.
here probably is, my college has ways to detect plagiarism. And there's things like tineye that do the same thing with pictures.

Interesting Dabbler

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
God-the-almighty

here probably is, my college has ways to detect plagiarism. And there's things like tineye that do the same thing with pictures.

Oh, cool! I had never heard of tineye before.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

sketchedexistence
God-the-almighty

Oh, cool! I had never heard of tineye before.
People here use it to find proof of art thieves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff