Welcome to Gaia! ::

Major Malfunction
That science is objective is only your opinion.

Wrong.

Objective - adjetive:
- not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.
- of or pertaining to something that can be known, or to something that is an object or a part of an object; existing independent of thought or an observer as part of reality.

Science exists no matter what you say, no matter what you think, no matter your opinion. Science as in the study of something, and it studies objective facts of such something.
In the case you're asking, the human body science. I didn't think the body is composed of 60% water, nor someone else did. It is. (objective then, not subjective)

Troll harder, your attempts aren't even worth breaking an effort. But it amuses me.
Tyrande Whisperwind
Science exists no matter what you say, no matter what you think, no matter your opinion.

So as Stop Him paraphrased, "it just is it just is!"
Tyrande Whisperwind
Major Malfunction
That science is objective is only your opinion.

Wrong.

Objective - adjetive:
- not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.
- of or pertaining to something that can be known, or to something that is an object or a part of an object; existing independent of thought or an observer as part of reality.

Science exists no matter what you say, no matter what you think, no matter your opinion. Science as in the study of something, and it studies objective facts of such something.
In the case you're asking, the human body science. I didn't think the body is composed of 60% water, nor someone else did. It is. (objective then, not subjective)

Troll harder, your attempts aren't even worth breaking an effort. But it amuses me.

Actually Tyrande.... you just got trolled pretty hard. Major Malfunction isn't a troll, but in misreading what he's saying you managed to troll yourself. Astounding!

Major Malfuntion is arguing AGAINST Stop Him, who is saying that everything is an opinion. Thank you for arguing his point then accusing him of trolling.
Major Malfunction
So as Stop Him paraphrased, "it just is it just is!"

When you're talking about a subjective matter, "it just is it just is!" doesn't cut. Why? Simply because it's subjective.

Now if I recall correctly, because memory fails me greatly nowadays, I think Stop Him said this about Unchi's personal view of how he/she perceives art and "it just is it just is!" doesn't cut. Because it's not an objective matter, "art" doesn't exist physically but it's a condition we apply to an certain object, thus it's subjective.

Otherwise, I could say "the earth is square." (I think so, on a objective matter - because the earth exists, no matter how or what I think of it) and when asked why I'll reply "because it just is, it just is!".

The only difference between what I said now and this thread, is that the "earth" is a subjective one.

Any more attempts? I got all day and I'm bored...
Major Malfunction
You are in fact a gigantic moron and I am astonished at Unchi's patience in dealing with your terrible posting and ridiculous assertions. I would have resorted to an endless stream of swearing some time ago if I had been her. You should be grateful she has been so kind, you assberger's case.
It's really quite difficult to believe that nobody has ever gotten totally exasperated at your idiocy before.

Why should I care what you think? You've already demonstrated your complete irrelevance. You can go right ahead believing what you like, since there's no chance you're ever going to have any impact on the world, artistically speaking, because you do not understand how the world works. The fact that you are wrong is of absolutely no importance.

It is my opinion that you are an ignorant cretin who has failed to read the thread he is posting in. Obviously I cannot be wrong in this opinion.
Yes, because you are totally beyond the use of disrespect and insults in these sort of discus

Well, yes, that's because you are full of yourself for absolutely no good reason. You think you know what you're talking about, when you are in fact a walking, talking, posting error message for your misfiring forebrain. I thought it might be helpful to point this out, because you might then be able to either get help, or merely shut the hell up.

You are so full of yourself that you're some kind of bizarre biological tesseract. I can only imagine the speed at which people flee your presence.

The complete lack of worthwhile art on your DA is strong evidence for the hypothesis that people who think there are no objective standards for art are always, without exception, talentless and unable to accept criticism. Your work is complete crap and this is not in the least bit surprising since you apparently believe that all art is of equal value, regardless of the talent of the artist.

Also, I thought you were a professional now? Suddenly you're an amateur again? This is confusing.

It is my opinion that you are an ignorant cretin who has failed to read the thread he is posting in. Obviously I cannot be wrong in this opinion.

thought you were going to bed?

Oh, wait, this is supposedly somebody else, right. I got "Anaya Felgrove" and "Tyrande Whisperwind" confused, since you both have almost identical profiles (with the same mutual friend, no less), similar avatars, and names that Blizzard would have rejected from Warcraft for being too stupid.
Respect for Blizzard decreasing faster than I thought possible.

Also, reporting you for sockpuppetry.

"Felgrove"? Really? Did you use some sort of Random Generic Fantasy Name Generator to come up with that or something?
Well, now that you've successfully argued against the very existence of human knowledge, I think we're done here.

mmm...look like flame/toll to me~I think i shell report now 3nodding
Tyrande Whisperwind
When you're talking about a subjective matter, "it just is it just is!" doesn't cut. Why? Simply because it's subjective.

You are completely missing the point.

I want you to explain to me why science is objective without resorting to tautologies like "science is objective because it studies objective things". You also need to do this without making the same arguments that Unchi made about art standards, because you have claimed those arguments are invalid and rude.

So far you have managed to copy Unchi's arguments almost exactly, which would normally be fine with me (because Unchi was right), except for the fact that you said she was egotistical and unaccepting of alternative viewpoints when she made those arguments.
xxellaxpopexx

I can see why you're siding with the "art has no standards" people.
Major Malfunction
xxellaxpopexx

I can see why you're siding with the "art has no standards" people.

no i'm not, I have my own views and I expressed them the best I can.
your the one going about attacking people.
Alot of your post are off subject, you even talked about others avatars and there usernames, witch has nothing to do with what the issue as hand.
You call people things witch provoke them, and last time I checked, that's called a troll.
btw: I don't post my art work I only post charcaters, sorry~ *shurg*
EDIT: and is that the best you can do~~ XD
    I think art is everywhere. Objects, ideas, and thoughts are all art if they can be expressed, therefore everything is art. Even what may be or is not currently so could exist someday, so that can be art, too. Why do you think they draw items of the future? It's a cry of hope in a visual form, so the rest of the world can see it and build ideas from it; which, those are forms of art, too.

As for the details as to why this is and whatever else you guys are discussing, I'll stay out of that - I just want to voice my agreement on forms of art. :]
xxellaxpopexx
You call people things witch provoke them,

I'll have you know that the flying monkeys all quit over collective bargaining issues.
Major Malfunction
xxellaxpopexx
You call people things witch provoke them,

I'll have you know that the flying monkeys all quit over collective bargaining issues.

So you troll XD and once again, is that all you can say??
xxellaxpopexx

You are so amazingly dumb that you don't even understand when people are making fun of you.
Major Malfunction
xxellaxpopexx

You are so amazingly dumb that you don't even understand when people are making fun of you.

mmm....you mean troll~~ yeah I do know~ it's trolling~ and you just did it again~
Pah, It bothers me when people think everything is and can be art (no offense, but those kind of people don't seem to be very good anyhow...)
Art involves a thought process. If thought was not used to build an idea and thought was not put into the execution of that idea, then it is not art.
Gosh, I'm such a traditionalist.

EDIT: A better way of explaining myself would be saying "Not everything is art, but everything can be used to create/inspire art"
Major Malfunction
You are completely missing the point.

I want you to explain to me why science is objective without resorting to tautologies like "science is objective because it studies objective things". You also need to do this without making the same arguments that Unchi made about art standards, because you have claimed those arguments are invalid and rude.

So far you have managed to copy Unchi's arguments almost exactly, which would normally be fine with me (because Unchi was right), except for the fact that you said she was egotistical and unaccepting of alternative viewpoints when she made those arguments.

No, you're missing the point.

I'm telling you it's about subjective and objective for the last 5 or so posts (and this is better than bumping the chatterbox) but you still don't get it.

I'm not saying science has or has no standards. I'll make an analogy, a really easy one to understand:

Person A: The world is full of mad and raving lunatics.
Person B: Why is that?
Person A: Because it is.
Person B: Isn't that just your opinion? I have met far more normal people than mad and raving lunatics.
Person A: But I'm saying so, because according to what I learned in my 156 years of experience, is that the world is full of mad and raving lunatics. That's the standard point of view.
Person B: I disagree with you. Tell me why is it that you think that-
Person A: Because it is.
Person B: ...without resorting to "because it is".
Person A: Aaah you're an idiot maniac can't speak anything recognizable I hate I hate I hate you!

This is an opinion discussion.

Person A: The human body can change colors.
Person B: Why is that?
Person A: Because we have a skin pigment called melanin who's affected by the exposure of UV rays we receive, and depending on the type and amount of it we get different results - colors.
Person B: That's just your opinion.
Person A: No, it's science. Scientists opened up the human body and studied why it's color varies due UV exposure, and found this substance that they called "melanin".
Person B: I disagree, I think this is just your opinion.
Person A: But it isn't, every human body has it and it is affected the way the scientists described. You thinking otherwise or saying I'm wrong won't change it, your skin color will still change as long as you're a human.
Person B: Okay.

Opinion is something based on your vision of the world (subject).
Science is something based on the actual world (subject).

You can't apply the same concepts of what you do and want on one on the another. Just because you *think* the world is square, doesn't mean the world *is* square.
You might see it as square, who knows? It's your opinion. But not a fact.
Science exists to study the world how it actually is - not just someone's vision or opinions about it.
Science (or a part of it) is objective because it studies facts. There's a difference between laws, theory and theorems just for this.
Science also studies subjective matters, but they don't apply any standard (it would be stupid) to maintain the result as objective as possible, unbiased and clear. Otherwise it wouldn't be fact, but just another opinion (the scientist's, in this case).

And when I said Unchi's vision of art standards was invalid, that was my opinion. They're not facts, it's how I think that thing is - and what I was trying to discuss.

Applying the same logic of thought you just gave me, then if I say "I kill bugs who annoy me" does that mean, if I met a human being who's lower than a bug in some theorical value I set up on my mind, I have the right to kill him if he annoys me?

Even though the "standard" is to kill some annoying bugs (I think everyone already killed a bug once) it doesn't apply to something else, does it?

By the way, I think you're roaming around, pointlessly, distorting, applying a biased point of view and generalizing everything you can just to make a point. And it amuses me.
What are you bringing up next? Some alien conspiracy that says Unchi is the artguy of doom and how I'd escape it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff