Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gearfish
I wish I'd this thread existed six months ago!

Anyway, I'm supposed to be hearing back from MICA this or next week. If I get accepted, would it help if I post my portfolio?

Grad or undergrad? I'm supposed to hear back from MICA soon, too. For their grad program.

I'm feeling the same way - where was this thread when I was putting together my portfolio and looking at schools back in August/September?! gonk
Dolly Dahlia
MICA!!! <3
I'm gonna be a student there september 2011. I'm super freaking excited. heart

surprised !! I'm hoping to be accepted as a student there for sept 2011 too!

/crossing my fingersssss

thewavertree's Husband

I'm a current MICA junior. I'm an illustration major and loving it. biggrin If anybody has any questions feel free to send me a message. One thing that I will just say about MICA is that it has a really loving and active community. There are always events going on, clubs to be invloved in, and our Halloween party is legendary. (Two years ago we had 100+ people dress up as pokemon and parade around the neighborhood.) Also..the dorms of MICA are amazing. We are very spoiled here. Sooo any of you potentially incoming MICAns shoot me a message. I don't bite. heart
Miri-love
Gearfish
I wish I'd this thread existed six months ago!

Anyway, I'm supposed to be hearing back from MICA this or next week. If I get accepted, would it help if I post my portfolio?

Grad or undergrad? I'm supposed to hear back from MICA soon, too. For their grad program.

I'm feeling the same way - where was this thread when I was putting together my portfolio and looking at schools back in August/September?! gonk

Illustration undergrad.

@Arc Apex: I am messaging you about it
Gearfish
Illustration undergrad.

Well, good luck to us both!

5,300 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
EversorDeus
Pulchritudinous Sin

Thanks! Edited in. That's the school I'm aiming for next year.

Checked your portfolio. So far your work looks really solid! Are you thinking of any particular program? (I juuuust applied to animation. Like... they reviewed my portfolio earlier today)

Best of luck to you!
And thanks. Animation as well. 3nodding I'm looking into something to prepare called the Animation Portfolio Workshop run by 2 former Sheridan teachers. I really need to crack down this year and bust my @#!*% if I want to make it on the first try. I hear most people usually make it after they graduate (something like only 20% make it right after high school?) or take the Art Fundamentals program instead to prepare them for applying in later years.
Pulchritudinous Sin

Best of luck to you!
And thanks. Animation as well. 3nodding I'm looking into something to prepare called the Animation Portfolio Workshop run by 2 former Sheridan teachers. I really need to crack down this year and bust my @#!*% if I want to make it on the first try. I hear most people usually make it after they graduate (something like only 20% make it right after high school?) or take the Art Fundamentals program instead to prepare them for applying in later years.

Thanks! heart

I would almost recommend taking fundies anyway, unless you feel you are really comfortable with the basics of perspective, figure drawing, painting, etc, which the majority of people coming right out of high school aren't. That portfolio workshop sounds amazing! I wish I had known about it!

Unbeatable Lunatic

Kaeth
Easelberry
Ahahahaha one of the posters' portfolios was what my teacher showed me when I asked her about art school. Is that too creepy to write or what
Which onnnne surprised

YOU.
Miri-love
Dolly Dahlia
MICA!!! <3

surprised !! I'm hoping to be accepted as a student there for sept 2011 too!

/crossing my fingersssss

I applied early, so I already know I'm in. I wish you the best!
Let me know if you get in! I would love to get to know a possible future-colleague before classes start (I'm trying to word this carefully so I don't jinx you! -crosses fingers in support-).

Kaeth
Dolly Dahlia

MICA!!! <3
Congrats! That's really terrific, such a good school. Are you from around here too?

No, I live in NY state, actually. I used to visit Baltimore when my brother lived there. He hated it, but I liked it, lol.
Dolly Dahlia
Let me know if you get in! I would love to get to know a possible future-colleague before classes start (I'm trying to word this carefully so I don't jinx you! -crosses fingers in support-).

Congratulations! Are you grad or undergrad?

Rich Ladykiller

Easelberry
Kaeth
Easelberry
Ahahahaha one of the posters' portfolios was what my teacher showed me when I asked her about art school. Is that too creepy to write or what
Which onnnne surprised

YOU.
Wait really? What?

I need to hear this story. PM me if you want. ninja

Rich Ladykiller

Kaeth
Dolly Dahlia

MICA!!! <3
Congrats! That's really terrific, such a good school. Are you from around here too?

No, I live in NY state, actually. I used to visit Baltimore when my brother lived there. He hated it, but I liked it, lol.Yaaay! Soon you WILL be around here. I have Baltimore stories if you'd like to hear them.
Miri-love
Dolly Dahlia

Congratulations! Are you grad or undergrad?

Thank you. I'm an undergrad.

Oh golly, it's gonna be like 9th grade all over again (only this time I'll enjoy my classes).

Kaeth
Yaaay! Soon you WILL be around here. I have Baltimore stories if you'd like to hear them.

Yep, that's the plan. ^^
And I'd love to hear Baltimore stories (the only ones I've heard are the negative ones my brother told me, so I'd love to hear something positive).

Leaf

no one goes to my beloved CMU ;3;

Rich Ladykiller

Dolly Dahlia
Kaeth
Yaaay! Soon you WILL be around here. I have Baltimore stories if you'd like to hear them.

Yep, that's the plan. ^^
And I'd love to hear Baltimore stories (the only ones I've heard are the negative ones my brother told me, so I'd love to hear something positive).
Oh, I might disappoint you then. xd The story I have in mind is funny, but does bring up Baltimore crime.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff