Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kaeth
Figaro Marinetti
Also should add Cooper Union -- it's a full scholarship school, anyone who goes there attends for free but the application is mad competitive. It is a fine arts school as opposed to commercial arts, but i'm sure that some on gaia would be interested in applying

(my current school, i also attended Pratt)
Oh s**t how is Cooper not on the list?

You go to Cooper? Dang. Which school are you in? You're like a unicorn

Art school biggrin yeah i wonder what many of my classmates would think of me if they knew i did anime...... it's kind of shunned there honestly, however it's a great school with a lot of freedom and some people do draw illustration

Rich Ladykiller

Figaro Marinetti
Kaeth
Figaro Marinetti
Also should add Cooper Union -- it's a full scholarship school, anyone who goes there attends for free but the application is mad competitive. It is a fine arts school as opposed to commercial arts, but i'm sure that some on gaia would be interested in applying

(my current school, i also attended Pratt)
Oh s**t how is Cooper not on the list?

You go to Cooper? Dang. Which school are you in? You're like a unicorn

Art school biggrin yeah i wonder what many of my classmates would think of me if they knew i did anime...... it's kind of shunned there honestly, however it's a great school with a lot of freedom and some people do draw illustration
Do you have any of your fine art online? 3nodding

In my experience more people than I'd expect do draw anime at art school. As in, no one does it for class assignments, but a lot of people can, haha.
Kaeth

In my experience more people than I'd expect do draw anime at art school. As in, no one does it for class assignments, but a lot of people can, haha.

They do, but at Cooper it's particularly looked down upon. At Pratt, there were other illustration majors so it was okay to do anime and show it and stuff, but at Cooper, most are hardcore conceptual fine artists and see nothing illustrative as art. I don't have anything i'm proud of in terms of fine art.... i do realism though

You don't pick majors at Cooper, everyone is "fine art" from beginning to end

What school do/did you go to?

Rich Ladykiller

Figaro Marinetti
Kaeth

They do, but at Cooper it's particularly looked down upon. At Pratt, there were other illustration majors so it was okay to do anime and show it and stuff, but at Cooper, most are hardcore conceptual fine artists and see nothing illustrative as art. I don't have anything i'm proud of in terms of fine art.... i do realism though

I bet. Cooper has a hardcore reputation.

I'm a junior at the Rhode Island School of Design, but I'll be studying this fall at Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht in the Netherlands.
Kaeth
Figaro Marinetti
Kaeth

I'm a junior at the Rhode Island School of Design, but I'll be studying this fall at Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht in the Netherlands.

Lucky! Sounds great. Did you know an artist named Scott Mensini/Zambrano? He did crazy sexual sculptures. I went to school with him at Pratt- him and a great artist named Shelby Sue who went to MICA. They were the greatest peers ever, i learned a lot from them

Also I think Alyssa Polizzi went to RISD if you know her. They all would have graduated last year i think

Rich Ladykiller

Figaro Marinetti
Kaeth
Figaro Marinetti
Kaeth

Lucky! Sounds great. Did you know an artist named Scott Mensini/Zambrano? He did crazy sexual sculptures. I went to school with him at Pratt- him and a great artist named Shelby Sue who went to MICA. They were the greatest peers ever, i learned a lot from them

Also I think Alyssa Polizzi went to RISD if you know her. They all would have graduated last year i think
I did a quick search, but I don't know them. It's really awesome that you got to experience two schools - why'd you end up transferring?

One of my favorite foundation teachers went to Cooper, so I have major respect for the school. smile
Kaeth
I did a quick search, but I don't know them. It's really awesome that you got to experience two schools - why'd you end up transferring?

One of my favorite foundation teachers went to Cooper, so I have major respect for the school. smile

Aw it woulda been a crazy coincidence if you did

I like Cooper, i transferred because Cooper was my first choice school. I only went to Pratt because i didn't get in to Cooper the first time... applying transfer was even harder but i was better prepared the second time... plus Pratt is ridiculously expensive and Cooper is....free ^^

Rich Ladykiller

Figaro Marinetti
Kaeth

Aw it woulda been a crazy coincidence if you did

I like Cooper, i transferred because Cooper was my first choice school. I only went to Pratt because i didn't get in to Cooper the first time... applying transfer was even harder but i was better prepared the second time... plus Pratt is ridiculously expensive and Cooper is....free ^^
All really good reasons. Cooper is wonderful, hope you have a wonderful rest of your years there.
Kaeth
All really good reasons. Cooper is wonderful, hope you have a wonderful rest of your years there.

You too! RISD is awesome

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
bumpin to the first page heart
Kaeth

Have you ever been an RA or TA for the RISD pre-college program? I attended the summer program in 2010 and thought it would be kind of neat if we had met in real life (sorry, slightly off-topic, but I was just wondering). sweatdrop

Rich Ladykiller

Dolly Dahlia
Kaeth

Have you ever been an RA or TA for the RISD pre-college program? I attended the summer program in 2010 and thought it would be kind of neat if we had met in real life (sorry, slightly off-topic, but I was just wondering). sweatdrop
No, I haven't been, but it's very cool that you attended! I know someone who was a precollege RA - Athena?
Kaeth
Dolly Dahlia
Kaeth

No, I haven't been, but it's very cool that you attended! I know someone who was a precollege RA - Athena?

Yes! I met her. She wasn't my RA, but I talked to her once or twice. Too bad you weren't there, it would have been cool to meet another Gaia user (or to have found out that I did).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff