Oil/Acrylic Painting 0.082317073170732 8.2% [ 27 ]
Digital 0.22560975609756 22.6% [ 74 ]
Other 0.097560975609756 9.8% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 328 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20 >

eh... I always though there was only one brand of Col-Erase xd
Freiheit
I wasn't even aware of the term col-erase till my work place ordered a pack.
Look
Freiheit
I wasn't even aware of the term col-erase till my work place ordered a pack.

lol I've been using them for years. Back when I inked on paper, they were really useful, the blue is quite easy to remove in photoshop so I didn't have to earths erase (Damn auto-correction) on top of my inks and damage them. Now I use 'em because they don't smudge as much as pencils, and I'll color-code stuff I draw. I usually sketch with an orange, contour and highlight important bits with a deep purple, and throw some shades with the orange + koi waterbrush... They seem to double nicely as watercolor pencil, the colors arn't as vivid of course but that's not what I'm looking for anyway. The deep purple strokes will slightly blur into the orange creating a nice effect.

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ever tried Nupastels? They're hard pastels from Prismacolor. They're very controllable, and don't wear down or break as fast as soft pastels, but you really need a gritty, sandpaper-like surface to get the most out of them, else there's not much you can do to blend or layer.

I found this really interesting sort of sandpaper as well. It's black in colour, and not your typical art material. It actually comes from hardware stores, called silicon carbide waterproof sandpaper. It takes pastels very nicely, and has an interesting, subtle sheen to the surface. I find it ridiculously fun to work with.
Freiheit
lol I've been using them for years. Back when I inked on paper, they were really useful, the blue is quite easy to remove in photoshop so I didn't have to earths on top of my inks and damage them. Now I use 'em because they don't smudge as much as pencils, and I'll color-code stuff I draw. I usually sketch with an orange, contour and highlight important bits with a deep purple, and throw some shades with the orange + koi waterbrush... They seem to double nicely as watercolor pencil, the colors arn't as vivid of course but that's not what I'm looking for anyway. The deep purple strokes will slightly blur into the orange creating a nice effect.
I do the same thing, except no color coding. biggrin
The Atroxious
I found this really interesting sort of sandpaper as well. It's black in colour, and not your typical art material. It actually comes from hardware stores, called silicon carbide waterproof sandpaper. It takes pastels very nicely, and has an interesting, subtle sheen to the surface. I find it ridiculously fun to work with.
Added. <3

Does the sandpaper last awhile?

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Look
Added. <3

Does the sandpaper last awhile?

It does. It actually seems to last longer than the sandpaper specifically for pastels I had been using before. Probably has something to do with how they made it waterproof.
The Atroxious
It does. It actually seems to last longer than the sandpaper specifically for pastels I had been using before. Probably has something to do with how they made it waterproof.
Would it break if it's folded?

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Look
Would it break if it's folded?

It has a fairly stiff backing, so folding's not a good idea. Rolling it up would be preferable.
bed time, shall come back and add new stuff tomorrow. heart
Lovely thread. Thanks for putting this together.

Here's something I've found insanely useful and effective:

For: Removing oil paint stains from clothing, carpet, upholstery, etc.
Material type: Stain Remover
Brand: Kiss-Off
Where to purchase it: I got mine from Opus, but I believe they're sold at Michael's and Hobby Lobby as well.
Price comparing to other brands: I'm not sure, I haven't come across many other brands. I would say the price in general is fairly cheap or average?
Pro: Non-toxic and very portable. In addition to oil paint removal, it also works well on lipstick, grease, grass, blood, food, make up, and - according to the packaging -- mystery stains.
Con: May cause discolouration of fabric, and should be tested in a discreet area beforehand (as with all stain removers).

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
I've gotten over it over and over again

-Came here to create her shopping list-
Damnit, Utrecht paints aren't available anywhere near me. And I don't shop online .___.

I'd like to add to the corel thing- if you are a student you can get the Education Edition for around $70 US from the Corel store online. Link the only difference between this and the full version is I think you don't get the Corel tech support with it if it ******** up, and you can't legally make any profit off of it I believe, so no commissions. Good for a hobby artist on a budget, as I don't believe it actually checks to see if you are a student. 3nodding

User Image----- Angelic Minis: 9mil/240+ Mil----User Image
this should be a sticky... is there a suggest a sticky button somewhere? xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas