Other 0.097560975609756 9.8% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 328 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Should Prismacolor Verithin Color pencils be a separate category from the regular ones? Because I've been using both for years and they are a little different.

Lunatic

No Prismacolor Art Markers on the list? I also used Bic Mark-Its for a while, which are like sharpies but blend and shade waaaaay better.
I also have a favorite type of eraser and some sketch pens that I use for inking that I can write up reviews for.
I'm surprised the Steaedtler fineliners aren't on this list either same with Microns. I've got some markers I can write up reviews for too. Mepxy Brush Markers are nice. I'll write up the reviews for these when I get home from work. 8U

Lunatic

ZombieFudge
I'm surprised the Steaedtler fineliners aren't on this list either same with Microns. I've got some markers I can write up reviews for too. Mepxy Brush Markers are nice. I'll write up the reviews for these when I get home from work. 8U
The Pigment Liners/Fineliners are what I use. They're great. Aren't they great? I went and bought an extra set for when mine eventually die.

Lunatic

Reviews!

For: Ink, Watercolor & Markers
Material type: Marker
Brand: Prismacolor Premier Art Marker http://www.prismacolor.com/products/art-markers/double-ended
Where to purchase it: Average
Where to purchase it: Most Art supply stores. I know some, like AC Moore and Michaels, will let you buy colors individually, which is great, especially for things like grays or skin tones. Staples carries boxed sets. Also available online.
Pro: Bright colors, in a fairly decent variety, and tend to blend well. Easier to find than Copics. Double ended, one wide w/ chisel point, one fine. Not too terribly expensive, good for someone not entirely used to markers yet.
Con: Non-refillable, only 156 colors. Not brush tip. Do tend to bleed through paper. Will smudge up some inking work if you go over it too many times.

For: drawing/sketching,
Material type: Pen
Brand: Staedtler Pigment Liner Sketch Pens
Where to purchase it: I got mine at Staples, they seem fairly common
Price comparing to other brands: average
Pro: Not terribly expensive, decent ink quality, assorted sizes, fairly smudge resistant once dry, comes with a protective plastic case, come in black or colors
Con: Going over them too many times too quickly with markers can re-wet the ink and cause smudging, as can running your hand over it before it's had a chance to dry properly

For: Ink, Watercolor & Markers
Material type: Markers
Brand: Bic Mark-It Permanent Markers
Where to purchase it: Staples has individual colors for about $1 each, or sets. Fairly common in other stores
Price comparing to other brands: cheaper
Pro: Fairly cheap, similar to sharpies but blend/shade better, bright colors, great for anyone new to coloring with markers
Con: Very limited colors, color on cap doesn't always match actual marker color, no skin tones, tends to bleed through paper

For: drawing/sketching
Material type: Eraser
Brand: PaperMate Black Pearl
Where to purchase it: Obtained mine at Staples
Price comparing to other brands: on the cheaper end of average
Pro: Extremely good at taking out pencil marks, even very dark ones. Doesn't get the graphite all over it and get smudgy like other erasers. Minimal crumbs made when erasing, comfortable to hold, no latex or PVC so good for people allergic to those, thin edge usually works well for erasing in tight spaces, they don't seem to dry out and last quite a while, and they look pretty cool
Con: They're a tad dense (great for throwing at people), and sometimes a tad awkward for erasing extremely small spots
Rauhiss
ZombieFudge
The Pigment Liners/Fineliners are what I use. They're great. Aren't they great? I went and bought an extra set for when mine eventually die.

Right? I absolutely love them. They don't bleed ever! My microns would constantly ruin my line art. I bought the Color Pigment Liners too. My god. They are awesome. So worth twenty bucks.

Lunatic

ZombieFudge
Right? I absolutely love them. They don't bleed ever! My microns would constantly ruin my line art. I bought the Color Pigment Liners too. My god. They are awesome. So worth twenty bucks.
If I go over it too many times too quickly with my markers it can re-wet the ink and make it smudge a bit, or if I accidentally run my hand over it before it has a chance to dry it can muss things up a bit, but as long as I'm careful and go slow there's no problem. Once it's dry, it takes a lot to get it to smudge/bleed/misbehave. Fantastic pens.
And erasing pencil from under the inks, the pen lines don't get faded from the erasing.
I might have to grab me a set of those colored ones once I get some money together...
Rauhiss
ZombieFudge
If I go over it too many times too quickly with my markers it can re-wet the ink and make it smudge a bit, or if I accidentally run my hand over it before it has a chance to dry it can muss things up a bit, but as long as I'm careful and go slow there's no problem. Once it's dry, it takes a lot to get it to smudge/bleed/misbehave. Fantastic pens.
And erasing pencil from under the inks, the pen lines don't get faded from the erasing.
I might have to grab me a set of those colored ones once I get some money together...

Same. I love that they don't fade when you erase. I always got so annoyed at having to retrace my stuff. You always need to be patient and take things slow with line art or you mess it up. Then you need to light box things. BI
            I BUMP BECAUSE I CAN HURRR

Vicious Grabber

Didn't see these on your list haha.

I also use just a typical mechanical pencil, .5 or .7 lead that you can buy at most regular stores (I don't like normal pencils nor do I work with charcoal or whatever.) I know a lot of people really like mechanical pencils as well (at least in my friend group xD)

Quote:
For: drawing/sketching
Material type:Eraser
Brand: Pentel, Hi-polymer eraser
Where to purchase it Ben Franklin, Stationary stores (My town is tiny and has a crappy stationary store, but it sells these ;D ), fred meyer etc
Price comparing to other brands:I think I can get a pack of 3 for like 4 dollars?
Pro: Can erase many things. It's not as hard as an eraser attached to a pencil, but its not as soft as the malleable stuff either. they are smooth.
Con: leaves a lot of shavings.

Quote:
For: inking
Material type: Pen
Brand: Pigma Micron (archival ink)
Where to purchase it Ben Franklin, Stationary stores (My town is tiny and has a crappy stationary store, but it sells these ;D ) etc
Price comparing to other brands: They are only a dollar or two each depending on where you get them
Pro: Smooth ink. Doesn't usually smudge (If I ink the image quicker than usual, sometimes I may wait a minute to let them dry). Very nice lines, they don't seem to fade much over time.
Con: The smaller tips are fragile. It's not hard to accidentally push too hard on them and they get a bit lopsided lol

Quote:
For: watercolor
Material type: Watercolor
Brand: Schmincke Horadam Aquarel
Where to purchase it online. I found mine here
Price comparing to other brands:Expensive. I paid for about 28 colors (full pan) and it was about 300 dollars @_@
Pro: Very smooth, very rich colors. They are incredibly easy to work with, very workable. They layer well and dry relatively fast. Because they are rich colors, you don't need a lot of paint to get the color you want with too many layers. I also noted that unlike some watercolors, these don't really have much of a scent.
Con: I haven't had any cons yet. If anyone knows anything bad, let me know so I can prepare myself xD

Vicious Grabber

ZombieFudge
Rauhiss
ZombieFudge

what your inking microns bleed? o_o

I've never had that issue with mine, and I used mine to ink my markered stuff all the time (I used copic sketch markers)

Vicious Grabber

horrorgasmic
I haven't really had much experience with watercolors and have only ever used one brand (and not even on watercolor paper) but I would highly suggest the crayola watercolors. The large package of like.... 24? They work well and have an amazing selection of colors.
Pros: Cheep, wide variety of colors.
Cons: Checking out, when you're 20 and buying crayola watercolors the walmart lady gives you strange looks.

haha. They say that a good water color painter only needs like 5-8 colors maybe not even @_@ Cuz you mix yer own colors etc. Crazy huh? I still am learning to do that xD For me, watercolor is intimidating. But I felt that if I was going to learn, I wanted to learn with the better products because it'd be awkward for me to go from cheap stuff to really smooth vivid stuff and have to readjust etc.

The crayola are good for starting out and having fun, and I have seen some really cool art with it, but all the people I know who've used it say it takes a LOT of layering and mixing to get the right colors. @_@ I would imagine that by then, with normal paper, it'd have bled through and made the paper pulpy xD
            long time no bump

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces