Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive milonguera

link freak131
User ImageUser Image

This guy I've had him as my professor for three classes: landscape drawing, animal life drawing, and color theory; I'll be sitting in on his storyboard class this coming semester. The dude is literally a master of everything, and I really hope I can be as good as he is when I'm his age. The website I posted is kind old, but he's working on his new website so it should be out fairly soon... He mostly posts his stuff on Facebook in the mean time now. He's worked at Disney, specifically on the Lion King, Tarzan, Finding Nemo at Pixar, and one of the Goofy movies... The one with all the crazy looking rocks since he said he worked on the environments. He's probably the best damn teacher I've ever had. He just knows so much, he'll always give me honest critiques, and as many demos as I want... Even when I don't ask for them. lol He's actually the one that made me want to get more into animation than concept art this past semester.

He likes to draw a lot of naked women and crazy animals wearing costumes (almost like furies I guess you could say), but I'm cool with that because he makes them look so damn awesome.

It is very interesting that his landscapes are drop dead gorgeous and the pencil sketches of women and big cats have so many awkward anatomy moments.

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
A.D.1492
link freak131
User ImageUser Image

This guy I've had him as my professor for three classes: landscape drawing, animal life drawing, and color theory; I'll be sitting in on his storyboard class this coming semester. The dude is literally a master of everything, and I really hope I can be as good as he is when I'm his age. The website I posted is kind old, but he's working on his new website so it should be out fairly soon... He mostly posts his stuff on Facebook in the mean time now. He's worked at Disney, specifically on the Lion King, Tarzan, Finding Nemo at Pixar, and one of the Goofy movies... The one with all the crazy looking rocks since he said he worked on the environments. He's probably the best damn teacher I've ever had. He just knows so much, he'll always give me honest critiques, and as many demos as I want... Even when I don't ask for them. lol He's actually the one that made me want to get more into animation than concept art this past semester.

He likes to draw a lot of naked women and crazy animals wearing costumes (almost like furies I guess you could say), but I'm cool with that because he makes them look so damn awesome.

It is very interesting that his landscapes are drop dead gorgeous and the pencil sketches of women and big cats have so many awkward anatomy moments.

User ImageUser Image

Yeah I'll have to agree with you there. He's more of a landscape person, so I guess that might explain it. Sometimes I look at his figure drawings and just go 'really? you drew it like THAT?'. And then I look at his landscapes and just want to die because they're just too amazing.Although he does teach both figure drawing and animal drawing at my school, but they don't compare anything to his landscape classes. They're just amazing.

By the way, his new website is up now in case anyone wanted to see it (has tons of stuff up there). http://www.garygerathsart.com/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff