Welcome to Gaia! ::

What should the theme be for the first month?

Animals 0.35294117647059 35.3% [ 6 ]
Green 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Rebirth 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
Furniture 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
Morning 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Mystical 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
This poll closed on May 1, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

UPDATE: If you want to chat with me for questions/suggestions, Skype me at Ozevikins ME. The Tumblr blog is now up, so you can totally check it out here. You can submit your own test picture just to see how the process works, but we won't actually be running it for a few more days until the poll is through on what the first theme will be! :3

A quick run-down on submission rules:

- Pictures must be within 500 pixels wide, and 800 pixels high. Anything bigger than that is getting a bit ridiculous. If you have to have a larger picture, you can send the link to the full picture, but the image on the blog will be within the limits.
- Pictures MUST be Safe For Work. They will NOT be approved with nudity. It's not that I'm saying you can't draw boobies... but I like the idea that all kinds of people will be able to look at the drawings without having to worry about getting in trouble. So just play it safe and keep it covered.
- Keep it to the theme. A new theme will start on the first of every month (hence why we're not starting until May 1st.) If it has nothing to do with the theme, it won't be approved.

Basically, I just got off of work with 70 bucks worth of watercolors since Sennelier is on clearance and I just wanted to play around.

But the thing is, is that I was hoping to maybe make a group, or at least find a few friends/colleagues/whatever to work with me and maybe do something like a... an art-a-day type thing. Not anything to be serious, but just to have fun and work with each other on practicing/critiquing/showing off.

The idea came to me because since I work at an art store, I have more art supplies than I know what to do with, and if I did something like this with other people, then maybe it would A: Help use up the supplies I dont necessarily intend on keeping around, and B: Help me get practice with materials Im not entirely familiar with, without feeling like Im using up time that could be spent on other projects, if this is another project in itself.

SO... TLDR: Im looking for people to work together on an art-a-day type thing, just to get practice with new materials/subjects.

If anyone is interested, let me know? We can talk about it here to flesh out some details about the subject we might want to focus on, see how many people might want in, and where we can get this together. Maybe a picture-post, or even something like Tumblr. I dunno. This is just for fun really. :3

Rules? - Need discussion

- May be on Tumblr for ease of posting/followers/being hip people.
- Any media, any talent, any experience. Just for fun.
- No debbie-downers. Were all just practicing here. No competitions going on.
- A theme per month. So month one might be say kitties, and month two might be urban, or whatever. Up for voting.

Thieving Rogue

Sounds like fun. >.> I'm really good at drawing everyday but really bad about posting everyday though.
MintySin
Sounds like fun. . Im really good at drawing everyday but really bad about posting everyday though.
Well I was thinking if we go the tumblr route, we could do a rotation per day. Like... One artist for one day, another artist the next day... So that could work for people who cant post everyday. Maybe?

Aged Noob

15,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Whell this sounds interesting.
Violent Pixels
Whell this sounds interesting.

Well thank you! I'm glad I pitched a good idea for once. I was worried people wouldn't care to try it. xD

Hot Duck

Sounds interesting to me! Although my talent and experience is limited... but I have been needing motivation, especially to try out some new media. I'd be interested in some kind of casual group thing. :]
Beerios
Sounds interesting to me! Although my talent and experience is limited... but I have been needing motivation, especially to try out some new media. I'd be interested in some kind of casual group thing. :]

Yay! Thank you! :3

I'm not looking for any kind of experience/quality requirement. Like I said, this is purely for fun. So I wouldn't turn anyone away if they were willing to pitch in.
So, this is like those collaboration channels on YouTube but instead of a video being made each day by a different person they would make artwork instead?
It sounds interesting and I do wish to take part in it.
Cavalier King Charles
So, this is like those collaboration channels on YouTube but instead of a video being made each day by a different person they would make artwork instead?
It sounds interesting and I do wish to take part in it.

I am way out of the youtube loop. I wasn't even aware those existed. xDDDDD But yes, that's pretty much the idea.
Quote:
debbie-downers

What does this mean? sweatdrop
Aureilias
Quote:
debbie-downers

Its just a nickname for people who are just negative about everything. Like if someone in the group is all Im the best and you all suck, you should stop trying etc. a downer. XD
Ozevi
Aureilias
Quote:
debbie-downers

Its just a nickname for people who are just negative about everything. Like if someone in the group is all Im the best and you all suck, you should stop trying etc. a downer. XD

Ah Okay xP I thought it might be that but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd check.
I'd like to try this out so Yes I want to totally be a part of this
I like the idea of the theme idea

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
Yes I want to totally be a part of this!!

Just need motivation to get drawing again more than anything.

Hot Duck

Yes I want to totally be a part of this! surprised

Fashionable Smoker

I need motivation to get drawing again. - u-

I'd be willing to give it a shot biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items