Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tasty Hero

I downloaded it and it wont launch at all
I don't even get an error
It loads for about 4 seconds and then nothing happens.

I searched google over and over,
Un-installed - Re-installed
Restarted computer
Cleared cache
Checked the firewall
Launched from shortcuts and the actual file
Tried 64 and 32

User Image

I have GIMP on my computer, does that have anything to do with.. anything?
When you say "It loads for about 4 seconds, then nothing happens," is the program even bringing up its default windows? Or does it bring them up for a couple of seconds and then close back down?

What OS do you have, and what version?
I assume you're downloading from MyPaint.intilinux.com, not anywhere else? I ask because that's their official site, and other sites like Softonic and CNet like to give you bloatware, which could or could not interfere with your other programs.

I currently have 64-bit MyPaint 1.0.0 installed on a 64-bit Win7 machine; have had the program on 64-bit Win7 for two or three years now, and I have never encountered a problem like yours. Which makes me curious as to what the problem could be.

GIMP's presence on your computer shouldn't affect MyPaint at all.

Tasty Hero

Eizoryu
When you say "It loads for about 4 seconds, then nothing happens," is the program even bringing up its default windows? Or does it bring them up for a couple of seconds and then close back down?

What OS do you have, and what version?
I assume you're downloading from MyPaint.intilinux.com, not anywhere else? I ask because that's their official site, and other sites like Softonic and CNet like to give you bloatware, which could or could not interfere with your other programs.

I currently have 64-bit MyPaint 1.0.0 installed on a 64-bit Win7 machine; have had the program on 64-bit Win7 for two or three years now, and I have never encountered a problem like yours. Which makes me curious as to what the problem could be.

GIMP's presence on your computer shouldn't affect MyPaint at all.

I mean when I try to launch it, I get.. nothing

This thing spins like.. 3 times and then nothing
User Image

I use windows 7 and yes I downloaded it form the main site

I downloaded it on my computer at home and it worked just fine
I wanna try to get it working on this computer though
LayDeDeadpool
Hmm... That's bizarre. It's probably little/no consolation, but you're not the only person this happens to. It seems to be a thing for a handful of users, so I have to wonder what's causing it. :/
It really sucks that it won't work on the computer you're trying to get it on. I wonder if there's any difference between the computer you have at home and the one you're trying to make work.

I'm sorry I'm not much help. I don't know how to duplicate the issue. I would try to contact the devs through their Twitter, mail list, or IRC channel. With as many users that are having this issue, that's kind of a big thing they need to look at.

I hope you can get it working! I'm just sorry I can't be of more help. emotion_8c

Tasty Hero

Eizoryu
LayDeDeadpool
Hmm... That's bizarre. It's probably little/no consolation, but you're not the only person this happens to. It seems to be a thing for a handful of users, so I have to wonder what's causing it. :/
It really sucks that it won't work on the computer you're trying to get it on. I wonder if there's any difference between the computer you have at home and the one you're trying to make work.

I'm sorry I'm not much help. I don't know how to duplicate the issue. I would try to contact the devs through their Twitter, mail list, or IRC channel. With as many users that are having this issue, that's kind of a big thing they need to look at.

I hope you can get it working! I'm just sorry I can't be of more help. emotion_8c
Hehe it's alright, thank you heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces