Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Soldier

9,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Besides Photoshop that's free and useable for the tablet? And where would i be able to download brushed?
GIMP

Though admittedly I don't know if they have downloadable brushes.

Fashionable Noob

Elfus Arianteus
GIMP

Though admittedly I don't know if they have downloadable brushes.

GIMP has downloadable brushes and it can open most PS brushes. But as for tablet support, it's a hit or miss.

@OP
Try MyPaint.
Gimp is probably your best bet. paint.net is also free and has an interesting set of brushes it comes with.

Dapper Dabbler

6,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
Sai has a 30 day free trial and you can find cracks easily.
            ArtWeaver.

No idea if there are any brushes because personally I don't give a flying ******** about them.
Have you tried FireAlpaca? It's less powerful than Photoshop, but it has some great points-- it makes sharp lines, has a stabilizer like Sai, and includes a simple perspective tool that's really effective once you understand how to use it.

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
alfred baramender

You shouldn't mention cracks and other illegal methods on here, I think it's possible to get banned for that. :c

OP, I prefer SAI as well, so it's worth it to get the free trial. If you like it, it's much cheaper than Photoshop. If not, hey, a free month to try still doesn't hurt.
GIMP is also a decent option, though in my experience it can run a little slow and doesn't have the best interface.
I would recommend Paint Tool Sai, it's cheap and widely used. GIMP is okay but I hear it has problems with tablet sensitivity, and I personally hate the interface... A really neat free drawing program is MyPaint. It is limited and you will need to crop your images in another program (even just Paint will do fine) but it has a large selection of brushes and provides you with infinite drawing space. C:

Oh, and try the free version of ArtRage.

Hygienic Gaian

There are plenty.

MyPaint version #1

Gimp (I personally gave up on it)

Krita (sort of like Corel only free)

Inkscape (sort of a painting program.)

I would personally recommend Mypaint because even though it lacks brushes, I am sort of a Blender fan.
Sai.

There's also GIMP and mypaint. Haven't tried firealpaca yet but I heard it's pretty good too.

Celestial Contributor

37,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
alfred baramender
Sai has a 30 day free trial and you can find cracks easily.

SAI has a better quality and you can change the level of your brush strength...
if you want a real good idea on all these programs, go on youtube and type them in, you can watch how other people use them. emotion_yatta

Senshi

Well, If you want Free, Gimp is a good starter tool, and in my perspective, the best art program is SAI, which you can download a free trial of.
I'm surprised no one mentioned Opencanvas v1. It may not have many options like sai or gimp. But it's good if you like simplicity and you can still create a nice piece.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff