Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys!
So I cringe at calling this an "anime style" help post but I really don't know what else to call it.
I'm a digital artist, I have been for years, and I'm past beginner level however I'm still constantly studying styles and techniques (And to be honest, I don't think people ever stop learning!), ONE I have struggled with is this, this, and this. (Links to images in the text)..
I have tried time and time again and CANNOT get any of those styles down for the life of me.

Do any of you have any tips, links, advice or otherwise on how I can begin to learn this style of drawing?
And before anyone asks, yes, I already do read plenty of manga and watch a good chunk of anime, what I'm struggling with is lack of ability. I struggle with the lineart and with the colouring.

Please let me know if you have anything to contribute to this! I'd love any help I can get! heart heart heart

PS, things like video time lapses or drawn tutorials help the most! I've just had no luck finding anything of the sort. sweatdrop

Hopping Genius

really, what i've found helps the most is just copying down pictures that are done with the style you want to adapt to your own. But I did find at least one speed drawing video that might help:

hopefully this helps at least a little!

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
It would help to see your typical work to know where you're coming from, so to speak, and what sort of advice you need. If your anatomy game is strong, I would tell you to experiment with the length of the upper face, legs, and torso (hint: everything gets longer but the torso). If you have trouble with anatomy, however, I would tell you to brush up on that so that you can better understand what you're doing and why when the time comes to distort features. If your style is painterly I would tell you to tighten it up severely for lineart, then relax a little (but only a little) when coloring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff