Welcome to Gaia! ::

lol this got your attention didnt it? it would get mine too. im writing an pursuive essay. (typing this on my phone sorry for spelling) and im going to argue that anime is an art. (because some people view it not to be.) some of you may look at this and feel differently.. by all means post your oppinions from either side of the spectrum. just dont be a*holes about it.

post why you feel anime is/isn an art in a healty debate. thanks for your help.

Leaf

you could do your own research instead of asking a bunch of strangers on gaiaonline what they think.

Aged Codger

Anime is just the japanese word for animation. Is animation art? If it isn't, folks like Don Bluth and Glen Keane are going to be pissed.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
How are you even going to cite your essay from Gaia anyway?
"Anime is art because animation is considered art." - RadioactiveCondom231
1: i dont need to cite
2: i wanted to see what others thought.
and 3: i know its animation..

i want to know why others seem to think its not. and those faithful why they feel it is...
If you're truly going to write a good persuasive essay, then I would suggest reading up on a couple things.

1) What is art? You will seem extremely presumptuous if you claim that anime is art, but never describe what art is. You're probably talking about fine art, in which a lot of trade professions aren't necessarily seen as gallery worthy.

2) What is anime? Clearly, we all know what you're talking about, but you need to be more specific on what type of anime you're talking about in your paper.

3) Why does anime have a stigma in the art society? If the point of your paper is to persuade people otherwise, then you should probably explain the counterposition first, at least briefly.

It'll be pointless to write a paper that says "I think anime is art because that's what I think and that's what other people online think, too". That certainly wouldn't persuade me.

Leaf

princetrickz
1: i dont need to cite
2: i wanted to see what others thought.
and 3: i know its animation..

i want to know why others seem to think its not. and those faithful why they feel it is...
I stopped at your first point. Why am I going to give my opinion if I won't be credited? I'm not here to be plagiarized.

Shapeshifter

User Image No need for citations? Maaan, and here I put on my big kid gloves for nothing. Time to go back to the academic kiddie pool. rolleyes

The topic is shoddy and overdone, and the answer is obvious. To say anime contains no amount of art is something said by a troll. The only reason why it is disliked is because its become over popular and over copied. It's best if we don't do your homework for you.

And I bet if you nab some good sources on animation and throw in a citation or two you'll get brownie points from your teacher.

Wolf

Anime is so art! I believe it starts out as a drawing then ...it becomes animated. It's art in motion. <3

Feral Phantom

Anime, much like Fine Arts, takes effort, time and talent. lol

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I actually wrote this exact same essay last year XD

I'll try to find it again and if I do, I'll PM it to you, alright? I remember getting a very good grade on it for my strong arguments, so it might be able to help you.

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Melody Niwa

I'll try to find it again and if I do, I'll PM it to you, alright? I remember getting a very good grade on it for my strong arguments, so it might be able to help you.

Yep, I can see it now. Changing the name and date and turning it in as their own.

I get you are trying to be helpful...but they are more then likely going to use your hard work as a short cut.

Let them do their work. You worked hard for your grade, why shouldn't they?

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Ms Spook
Melody Niwa

Yep, I can see it now. Changing the name and date and turning it in as their own.

I get you are trying to be helpful...but they are more then likely going to use your hard work as a short cut.

Obviously I wouldn't send them the real essay, silly willy. I would just send the arguments.

Although I guess that was my fault for wording it badly XD

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Melody Niwa
Ms Spook
Melody Niwa

Obviously I wouldn't send them the real essay, silly willy. I would just send the arguments.

Although I guess that was my fault for wording it badly XD

Okay, good. I was like "no! Don't do that!" At my phone XD
I think you should focus on Manga more than anime, considering there's more focus on the more traditional view of "art" with manga, than with anime. With anime, you also take into account the voice acting, the tech, all that. Which in it's own right are arts, but this seems more general.

Seriously. Use examples such as Kaori Yuki, who's styles have been very heavily based in realism at times, especially in her Angel Sanctuary art books. Also discuss how the generic, giant eyed, pointed chin girl is only one style of manga, and not representative of the whole; this is the biggest stereotype and what most people think of when they say "manga/anime isn't art."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff