Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suffolks's Senpai

Hello, artists of the Gaia world. I am one of the leaders of my university's anime club. The president contacted me last night asking for designs for potential t-shirts we could order...the problem is I didn't know I was supposed to make them. Now I have to tell her this while I quickly work some ideas up. I'm an amateur at Photoshop CS4 so this is a little difficult for me. I was wondering if any of you have any tips or suggestions on t-shirt designs.

We have a chibi version of our school's mascot, Baxter, that I need to put on somewhere. (There's Baxter.) Other than that she wasn't that specific except to not focus on one anime.

User Image

Anyway, thank you if you respond or having any suggestions! cat_sweatdrop cat_razz

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
As long as it's a simple or flat colored design, it should work. I hear vector is better than raster when it's meant for reproduction, but that might not be necessary. I'd also avoid using a licensed character from an anime/manga altogether.

Maybe design an OC that would fit in with your anime club and draw them playing with Baxter. Or they could be sharing pocky. Pocky is always fun.

Suffolks's Senpai

My friend has explained vector to me but what exactly is raster? An OC is a good idea and pocky! Nice, thanks

Charming Cultist

33,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Raster is how regular images are made, with the pixels and the limited ability to resize without ruining the quality.

Also, if you're adding pocky to your pictures, you're going to have to do it like in anime and not have the actual brand name. At least if these teeshirts are being ordered to be sold to members.
wow i wish we have those clubs on our school i would likely to join
I designed the anime club logo at the college I go to and the college makes the shirts and one of the instructors also silk screens the shirts. I own rights to the OC but not the club so I was only told I cannot sell any shirts for a profit and it is owned by the college until I graduate.

Suffolks's Senpai

We are ordering the shirts not screen-printing and selling for a profit so yeah gotta avoid copyright issues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff