Welcome to Gaia! ::

Um
I just joined this site?
And I'm sort of an artist I think
so I was wondering how one would go about submitting images to the art arena...
I tried earlier, but it didn't seem to accept my link.
When it means deviantart, does it want a direct url, or the fav.me link...?
The image size limit seems really restricting too
I would have to shrink down every one of my images in order to post them here
and that butchers quality
um
I hope I put this in the right place
It's still acceptable to post them somewhere on the forums though... Right...?
But I don't know where exactly...
Sorry.

Dapper Gekko

Welcome to the site. : )

Well, I'm not really well versed in submitting to the arena myself so hopefully someone else can answer your questions about it, but from what I've heard and seen of it the arena here isn't worth much. Just flipping through some of the art on there you can see that the rating system is mostly broken and doesn't really reflect the quality of the art. I do know that many people here in Art Discussion stay away from it for that reason.

As for other places to post your art, there's Art: Comment and Critique which is for receiving feedback on your art both finished and unfinished. There's also Art Freebies where you can draw for others or beg for free art of whatever you want although mostly people want/draw avatar art or OCs. And then Art Shops and its subforums where you can set up a shop and draw people for items or gold.

For posting art directly I find it best to use a site like photobucket which will host the image and provides a link that you can use with img tags like you can see in my signature. It's usually best to keep images under 1000x1000 when you post them directly just because people all have different sized computer screens and larger than that can break tables and make the image show poorly.

Please ask if I missed any questions or just managed to circle around one. :3
Hmm... Is that so?
Thank you...It has been a long time since I've gotten any sort of feedback on anything.
I would also be willing to do some requests to pass the time too... That sounds like fun.
Thank you for your help.

Dapper Gekko

Dragonflyspectrum
Hmm... Is that so?
Thank you...It has been a long time since I've gotten any sort of feedback on anything.
I would also be willing to do some requests to pass the time too... That sounds like fun.
Thank you for your help.

No problem : )
Art:C&C can be pretty slow sometimes but there are usually a couple of people who give good critique around if you're patient.
Good luck, and welcome again!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces