Tricky Lunatic

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Tanabata Wish

Lol, I need to clean my room too. And do laundry. razz
Thats good. Glad the counseling is helping and that you are feeling better. I definitely know what you mean about the relationship stuff. I think every marriage/long-term relationship goes through cycles of that. Kind of feeling the same way with mine lately, too. Alejandro has been working a TON of extra shifts lately because he is freaking out about having enough money when the baby comes, and I'm so hormonal and pissed off all the time and get frustrated that he isn't around to help me with stuff (even though I do appreciate how hard he's working and everything). So I've just been feeling kind of lonely and upset and stressed out. I talked to him about it though and we are both trying to do better. But recognizing the issues is super important. I think that's probably why so many people get divorced--they don't realize that you have to really work at it sometimes, especially when life gets tough

Yeah, it is easy to get wrapped up in the needs of life and a relationship can come last. I'm trying to work on communication--- each of us can't know what's bothering the other unless we talk about it.
I think divorce is also because people are thinking about themselves-- "he doesn't listen to ME. What has he done for ME lately?"
But you have to ask yourself the same question; what have YOU done for him? How have you shown HIM you care?
Trying to get the other person to start changing is impossible. Change has to start with you.

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sevi Rais

Wow, it's crazy how that happens, huh? My friend right now is in total love with her boyfriend and often teases him about how they should be married and such. But....to me, I'm like... :/ Like, I want to support her, and I do because they are such a cute couple, but I also know how relationships go and how messy they can become. Like, she keeps talking about all the good things about him, how he wears everything she buys and how he wants to marry her and their future together. But he also doesn't really want to be truthful to her despite the fact that she can take people's judgments and such. Like, he just wants to keep her happy and not tell her how he really feels. :/

And she's pretty much giving herself this mindset that she hates where she lives (her parents' house) and she wants to move in with her boyfriend, because Santa Monica (town about an hour and a half from here) represents that hope for her. Hope for a job, schooling and marriage. So far she can't get the schooling so she's falling back on just the job and being with her boyfriend....so idk. I want to believe in it for her own well being, but it also sounds like something that could blow up in her face. So I'm a little worried, but it's not like she doesn't know this either...

Unfortunately it's natural. Life comes up and the relationship can be put last.
Marriage is not a bad thing! Her talking is where the relationship SHOULD be!! If she's seeing what's so amazing about this guy, it means she really loves him!

What do you mean by "he doesn't really want to be truthful to her/tell her how he really feels"? Are you insinuating he does not love her (in the same way or at all)? Because then they are having communication issues. Marriage needs communication to thrive.

You ARE right to worry if this is her hope for escape. She can't be happy if her entire being and happiness relies on the BF, esp. if he doesn't feel the same way. She needs to learn to grow outward (herself) AND up (together).
If she is serious about the marriage and future, this is a convo she needs to have with the BF. It's pointless if he is just leading her on or whatever. IT does need to be mutual.
But marriage isn't bad. It's just hard to keep that feeling that you're describing of your friend. You have to breathe life back into it as time goes on and you forget.

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Tanabata Wish

you should commission this lady
Pre-inflation prices and she's fast! I paid 250k for my fullbody

In a relationship with her cat

Shy Gawker

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
Tanabata Wish
How have you been Mouse?

Insanely busy! NaNoWriMo, then the regular book edits we've been doing. Bumped back our release date on Archipelago to leave room for edits, but I think it's going ok. XD Keep me on my toes though, barely getting time to get back on Gaia right now.

Friendly Cutesmasher

19,050 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Tricky Lunatic

LoveForChii
Tanabata Wish

Lol, I need to clean my room too. And do laundry. razz
Thats good. Glad the counseling is helping and that you are feeling better. I definitely know what you mean about the relationship stuff. I think every marriage/long-term relationship goes through cycles of that. Kind of feeling the same way with mine lately, too. Alejandro has been working a TON of extra shifts lately because he is freaking out about having enough money when the baby comes, and I'm so hormonal and pissed off all the time and get frustrated that he isn't around to help me with stuff (even though I do appreciate how hard he's working and everything). So I've just been feeling kind of lonely and upset and stressed out. I talked to him about it though and we are both trying to do better. But recognizing the issues is super important. I think that's probably why so many people get divorced--they don't realize that you have to really work at it sometimes, especially when life gets tough

Yeah, it is easy to get wrapped up in the needs of life and a relationship can come last. I'm trying to work on communication--- each of us can't know what's bothering the other unless we talk about it.
I think divorce is also because people are thinking about themselves-- "he doesn't listen to ME. What has he done for ME lately?"
But you have to ask yourself the same question; what have YOU done for him? How have you shown HIM you care?
Trying to get the other person to start changing is impossible. Change has to start with you.

Mmhmm, very true.
Nice art, and the prices are very good. I subscribed to her thread but idk if I will buy anything from her. The coloring and anatomy is bothering me, and I know for prices that cheap it shouldn't matter so much but I am very picky whee
Check out this piece I just had done, though. I want to make a profile out of it, as soon as we catch up on our other orders. link
The wings make me happy

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Tanabata Wish

Mmhmm, very true.
Nice art, and the prices are very good. I subscribed to her thread but idk if I will buy anything from her. The coloring and anatomy is bothering me, and I know for prices that cheap it shouldn't matter so much but I am very picky whee
Check out this piece I just had done, though. I want to make a profile out of it, as soon as we catch up on our other orders. link
The wings make me happy
wow nice! ^^ How much did it cost?
Most fullbodies now cost like 5m......... so 250k is a STEAL lol
even if it's not perfect I think the price is totally worth it.
I don't carry around a lot of cash for art. ><
What would you make the profile look like? ouo

Tricky Lunatic

The Clockwork Mouse
Tanabata Wish
How have you been Mouse?

Insanely busy! NaNoWriMo, then the regular book edits we've been doing. Bumped back our release date on Archipelago to leave room for edits, but I think it's going ok. XD Keep me on my toes though, barely getting time to get back on Gaia right now.
what are you working on for NaNo?
Ugh, editing gonk I want to do another edit of my first novel before the baby comes but idk if that's going to happen. I'm trying to finish drafting book 2 of the series first. I only have like 7 chapters left or so but its taking forever in between all the other stuff I've been busy with lately

Tricky Lunatic

LoveForChii
Tanabata Wish

Mmhmm, very true.
The wings make me happy
wow nice! ^^ How much did it cost?
Most fullbodies now cost like 5m......... so 250k is a STEAL lol
even if it's not perfect I think the price is totally worth it.
I don't carry around a lot of cash for art. ><
What would you make the profile look like? ouo

It was an RLC, actually. Cost $18. At first I just wanted a halfbody and that would have been like $12 I think? But then I was like, "Oh what the hell? Lets do a fullbody instead." She does gaia commissions too but her waiting list is insanely long and I didn't want to wait. whee plus I had some money in my paypal from doing my own RLCs a while back that I wanted to spend on something great since this will probably be my semi-permanent gaia avi from now on.
Lol, idk. I have some vague ideas but I always have to sketch out a layout first and mess with it a bit before I really know what I'm doing. I maybe want to have this cool falling petal effect I saw on one of phoenixbasilisk's profiles a while back, assuming birdy can do it. We'll see

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
Tanabata Wish
what are you working on for NaNo?
Ugh, editing gonk I want to do another edit of my first novel before the baby comes but idk if that's going to happen. I'm trying to finish drafting book 2 of the series first. I only have like 7 chapters left or so but its taking forever in between all the other stuff I've been busy with lately

I'm doing a dystopian steampunk/fantasy novel. That's the one that Tses is in from my art contest, and it's been a lot of fun. I had a few plot problems but I think I got it sorted out.

I'm relieved to have such a good editor for my book though, otherwise the edits wouldn't be going so well. Good luck with your own edits!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff