Total Votes:[ 168 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 132 133 134 > >> >>> »|

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Hi and welcome to my first art contest <3 This is a contest of some of my OCs from a fantasy story I've been working on for quite some time now. Hope you decide to enter bwaha >w<

Start date: 15 March 2011
End date: April 30th 2012 at 10 pm GMT+2/CET+1
Time zone: GMT+2/CET+1 (it's relevant if you're submitting art on the first/last day of the month)

User Image
21/01/12 - new subcategory added ->"Most emotional"
03/01/12 - new subcategory added ->"Best scene"
17/12/11 - prizes boosted
15/12/11 - new subcategory added -> "Most effort runner-up"
05/09/11 - prizes boosted
23/07/11 - prizes boosted
16/07/11 - prizes boosted
11/07/11 - prizes boosted
29/06/11 - monthly lottery added
16/06/11 - prizes boosted
13/06/11 - prizes boosted
11/06/11 - prizes boosted
06/06/11 - prizes boosted
15/05/11 - new subcategory added -> "Most dynamic"
10/05/11 - new subcategory added -> "Most sweet"
07/05/11 - new mini contest -> "Featured OC"
25/04/11 - prizes boosted
28/03/11 - new subcategory added -> "Most detailed"
15/03/11 - contest started surprised

Intro/Rules/Prizes/Characters/The World/Soundtrack/Tips/Entry form/Mini contests/Affiliates

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

1. Follow the Gaia TOS and Gaia contest guidelines
1.a Artistic nudity is allowed as long as it follows the Gaia contest guidelines
2. This is a contest of my OCs
2.a Muffin, animal forms and dragons are considered accessories, not characters
2.b You have to read character info and look at references before making an entry
2.c If I feel your art doesn’t resemble my OCs your entry will be disqualified
2.d Art of my avatar will be disqualified

3. You must fill the form to submit your entry
3.a Do not PM your art to me
3.b Do not PM me offering your art as a commission
3.c Don’t use the form for posting WIP, the form is for finished art only
3.d Only finished art is eligible for prizes

4. You can submit as many entries as you want- just remember quality over quantity
4.a One entry can win only one prize (this excludes mini contests and the most effort category)
5. All art styles are welcome and art can be coloured or black and white, headshot or fullbody
5.a If you use traditional media, make sure the scan/ photo you take is of good quality or else it might be disqualified
5.b All art has to be at least 300x300 pixels in size
5.c Art with no effort behind it will be disqualified
5.d If I see that you submitted the same entry to another contest you will be disqualified from my contest

6. No dolls, pixel art, avi edits, photomanipulation, 3D renders, writing, photography or animation
6.a This includes also backgrounds, you have to draw everything from scratch
7. All art has to be made by you for this contest
7.a You will be disqualified if you steal art and claim others’ art as your own
7.b You will be disqualified if I see you doing it in other threads
7.c I might ask you for proof if I feel you didn’t draw your entry
7.d No eyeballing/ tracing other art

8. Don’t watermark your art, use small signatures only
9. If you make a collaborated entry you have to tell me which artist gets the prize
10.If you change your username during the contest it is your responsibility to inform me about it or else you might not get the prize
11. Be nice, friendly and respectful

11.a No drama in my thread or you will be disqualified
11.b No bashing of my story, characters and art or anyone else’s art or you will be disqualified

12. Don’t beg
13. The contest might be extended if there aren’t enough entries by the deadline
14. Don't steal my art and characters!

15. By submitting an entry you agree that you have read, understood and accepted my rules

User Image

Q. Who is Muffin?
A. You'll find info on Muffin from An't-luchar's profile.
Q. How will the art be used?
A. All art received will be for my personal use – I might use it as desktop wallpaper or print it out and use as bookmarks. I might also use it as reference if I hold another contest or request art. All art is for my personal use, it won’t be published, sold, and I won’t claim it as my own.
Q. What art styles do you like?
A. I really like Western comic style and Disneyish – however, you can draw in whichever style you want. I like all art and won’t discriminate based on art style.
Q. How will you judge the art?
A. I will look at art quality, how original the piece is, and how true to the character. I will be the only judge in the contest.
Q. What do you mean by “Muffin and dragons are considered accessories”?
A. You can’t draw single art of Muffin or a single dragon – they always have to be with at least one of my characters. Also, if you draw say Medea and Muffin, it will go under single art category, not couple.
Q. Can I change the outfits?
A. Yes you can. However, I have to be able to recognize my characters - so make sure your outfit's something the character would wear. If you’re going to make significant changes show me a sketch to make sure that your outfit’s okay.And remember to keep the outfit in style with the general storyline - I don't want to see jeans and bikinis.
Q. Do I have to show you the WIP?
A. You can if you want – I love looking at the process of how people make art and it is a good way for you to get feedback. However, only finished art is eligible for prizes.
Q. The outfits/ character design in the references are different – how do I know which is correct?
A. The correct outfits are in the outfit references. However, all art references are correct also – the characters and their looks have developed over time, thus the different outfits. You can look at the outfit references and art references and decide what fits your style/ taste better.
Q. Some of the charactersheets mention OCs that aren’t in the contest – who are they?
A. They’re the other characters in the story. The ones I picked for the contest are the OCs I’ve worked on most so far and the ones I really want to get art of.
Q. Am I going to win?
A. Everyone who enters the contest has a chance to win. However, remember that people have different tastes and that art quality alone won’t guarantee you a win. In all the contests that I’ve entered (and there have been many) I always had a different favourite than the one that the contest host chose as the winner.

Intro/Rules/Prizes/Characters/The World/Soundtrack/Tips/Entry form/Mini contests/Affiliates

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Overall best: User Image Horns of the Demon

The following categories have to have at least 5 entries to be awarded

Best individual: User Image Neon Core Bundle (9 Pack) + User Image 1,000,000
Best couple: User Image Hell Prison Bundle (9 Pack) + User Image 1,000,000
Best group: User Image Cirque du Gothique Bundle (9 Pack) + User Image 1,000,000

The following categories have to have at least 3 entries to be awarded. All images including the respective character are considered (that is individual, couple and group)

Best Alania: User Image 1,000,000
Best An’t-luchar: User Image 1,000,000
Best Ashlak: User Image 1,000,000
Best Gaius: User Image 1,000,000
Best Geri: User Image 1,000,000
Best Kharon: User Image 1,000,000
Best Krejje: User Image 1,000,000
Best Lo’ar: User Image 1,000,000
Best Medea: User Image 1,000,000
Best Mortimer: User Image 1,000,000
Best Morton: User Image 1,000,000
Best R'enna: User Image 1,000,000
Best Ulvur: User Image 1,000,000
Best Xer: User Image 1,000,000

The following additional prizes might not be awarded if I feel that no entry fits the category

Best Muffin: User Image KiKi Kitty Plushie
Best dragon: User Image Thank you letter for October 2010 + User Image SDPlus #254 Fafnir
Best animal form: User Image Best friend forever
Best background: User Image Rave
Best CG: User Image Bani clips
Best traditional: User Image Goti clips
Most original: User Image Phasing Lily
Best action: User Image Prince of Icy Thieves
Most dynamic: User Image Prince of Thieves
Best magic: User Image Apprentice Charm 3rd Gen + User Image Path of Luna
Best weapon: User Image Staff of The Angels
Most cute: User Image Bento Bunny + User Image Bani the bunny
Most funny: User Image :B Brown paperbag
Most smexy: User Image Embarrassed dream
Best outfit: User Image Child of Gevaudan
Most dark/scary: User Image Kerberos + User Image Thank You Letter for November 2010 + User Image Nitemare Sash

Most effort: User Image Revolution Dusk
(The overall quality of one's entries is judged. One has to submit at least 5 entries to be eligible. The entries are still eligible for all other prizes)
Most effort runner-up: User Image Pious Cleric
(The overall quality of one's entries is judged. One has to submit at least 5 entries to be eligible. The entries are still eligible for all other prizes)
Most detailed: User Image Geek Chic
Most sweet: User Image Lethal Yandere + User Image Wandering Hermit
Best scene: User Image Call of Anubis
Most emotional: User Image Lady Lunar
Honourable mention (x5): User Image 50,000

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
click on the picture to go to character profile

Since my height descriptions are vague at best, you might find this height chart useful when you do couple or group art

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

You might find this info useful if you decide to draw a background

The Southern Kingdom

>>The Southern Kingdom is much larger than the Northern Kingdom
>>The capital city, Alexandria, has a very strong Greek influence both in architecture and outfits. The buildings are large, colourfully decorated and have pillars, statues and such. The outfits are loose, colourful, and people wear a lot of fine jewellery. Alexandria stands on a hill and is divided into several layers - the palace stands in the top layer and is so massive that it can be seen from everywhere in Alexandria.
>>The religion used to be polytheistic in the past but is now officially dualistic - people worship the Moon and the Sun. The main Moon and Sun Temples are situated in Alexandria but unlike the rest of the Kingdom, they look like Egyptian temples. However, especially in smaller towns people still worship also the old gods.
>>The House of Books stands next to the two Temples in Alexandria, and is a large round building with a beautiful garden.
>>Helios is a large harbour city. Helios does not have a set architecture or style, it is a mix of many different styles and people. The Assassin Guild is situated in Helios.
>>The ruins of An't-luchar's city are also situated in the Southern Kingdom. While it is impossible to tell what the buildings looked like, there are still some fallen pillars and broken statues left that suggest of a great culture. Only one statue of An't-luchar remains standing untouched.
>>The rest of the Southern Kingdom looks like Medieval Europe in both architecture and outfits (apart from the Temples which have Egyptian influence). The towns are small and mainly consist of small buildings surrounding a marketplace and one or two temples. The majority of people wear simple and practical clothes in neutral colours.
>>Since the Southern Kingdom is so large, the climate varies in different locations. In the south the climate is very warm with no snow in the winter but the climate gets colder in the northern parts of the Kingdom.
>>The use of magic is partly forbidden and partly forgotten. Only specific institutions like magicians, priests and elite warriors are trained in the use of magic. Magic flows strongly in the royal family (that's why Alania's eyes are purple and hair has shades of purple) but the use of it isn't really practiced.

The Northern Kingdom
>>The Northern Kingdom is smaller than the Southern Kingdom both in size and population
>>The architecture in all cities and towns has a strong Viking and Celtic influence as well as some Norman influence. The capital city Wodan is a large fortress surrounded by water.
>>Even though the Northern Kingdom has one king, the Kingdom is divided into many provinces that are ruled by different warlords.
>>The climate is cold and the ladscape rough - there are many swamps, marshes, and cliffs. There are also many ruins of old abandoned cities. The nature is mostly left untouched.
>>The Northern Kingdom has the Norse religion with almost no alternations from the original (that's why Geri has such a strange look, he's magically channeling Geri, one of Odin's wolves). People don't practice their religion only in temples or shrines, there are also holy trees and locations.
>>People wear outfits made of hard and warm materials, and furs.
>>Unlike in the Southern Kingdom, in the Northern Kingdom magic is widely practiced by everyone (even though it is not as strong as before when dragons were around). While there are those who excel in the use of magic, almost everyone will have some pendants, runes or totem animals with them.

The Oracle's Lands
>>The Oracle's Lands lie north of the Northern Kingdom
>>As the name suggests, the area is ruled by the Oracle
>>The Oracle's Lands are a large area with a cold climate and rough nature. There are many cliffs, big rocks, and old statues of previous Oracles.
>>The area used to be a rich big city but now only a few occupied centres remain - none of them is on the ground, they are on top of cliffs and the passages are well hidden. The buildings are well built and decorated - a mixture of different styles.
>>For Northern people the Oracle's Lands are a type of Asgård - a holy place where gods live. Mortals are not allowed to go there because they won't return. There are guard towers on the border of the Norhtern Kingdom and the Oracle's Lands in order to prevent anyone from going there.
>>For Southern people the Oracle's Lands are a myth and a fairytale - however, there are also those who believe in it and are interested in the area because of the supposed riches and mainly because of the hidden knowledge.

The Magic Towers
>>The Magic Towers are situated on magical points on the continent. Despite the name, they are not towers - over time they have grown into large complexes or even small cities where wizards live and share their knowledge.
>>There used to be six Magic Towers on the continent but some got lost or destroyed
>>The Southern Magic Towers were destroyed centuries ago
>>The Northern Magic Towers are the largest magical centre on the continent. Ashlak is both the Grand Master of the Northern Towers and the lord of the surrounding land
>>The Eastern Magic Towers used to be occupied by elves and were sitauted on a small island - however, the Towers now lie empty and lost at the bottom of the sea
>>The Western Magic Towers are scattered around the West Coast of the Southern Kingdom and the surrounding little islands. The towers are occupied mostly by shapeshifters and are well hidden from intruders
>>The Central Magic Towers stand on the Black Mountains that separate the Northern Kingdom from the Southern. The towers are occupied by dwarves and black elves and the occupants are rarely in touch with other magic towers
>>The Lost Magic Tower is sitauted in the Oracle's Lands. The Grand Masters are always the Oracle and her companion - in this case Lo'ar and Mortimer. The Lost Magic Tower is an actual tower and only a few people know of its existence or have visited it.
>>In addition to the Towers, there are many small magical points that have a time and space of their own

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Some inspirational music...

Alania - She's So High by Tal Bachman, Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain
An't-luchar - I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred
Ashlak - China by Tori Amos, Nymphetamine by Cradle of Filth, People Are Strange by The Doors, Atmosphere by Joy Division
Kharon - Angel Eyes by ABBA, A Real Hero by College ft. Electric Youth
Lo'ar - Dreams by The Cranberries / Oracle - Ice Queen by Within Temptation
Medea - She's a Rainbow by The Rolling Stones, The Puppy Song by Harry Nilsson
Morton - Alabama Song by The Doors, Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits
R'enna - Beautiful Ones by Suede
Ulvur - Beautiful Ones by Suede
Xer- I Spy by Pulp

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Here are some tips that might help you win

- Be original! Don't try to copy what others do but instead concentrate on your own style
- Read the character info and don't be afraid to ask questions - that way your art will be more accurate
- Remember that I like flashy action, dynamic poses and curvy/muscular bodies - don't be afraid to go over the top bwaha
- If you do couple or group art, make sure there is some interaction between the characters
- Quality over quantity - one good entry is more likely to win than ten sloppy ones
- Distinguish between personality and emotions! Everyone can be happy or sad, but their personality defines whether they are laughing, giggling or grinning; or openly crying or just being moody.

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Make sure you read and understand the rules before submitting an entry!

THE COTEST IS CLOSED FOR JUDGING -- NO MORE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED

All entries can be found here: CLICKY
Number of entries submitted: 68

Category status

Individual: will be awarded
Couple: will be awarded
Group: will be awarded

Alania: will be awarded
An’t-luchar: will be awarded
Ashlak: will be awarded
Gaius: will be awarded
Geri: will be awarded
Kharon: will be awarded
Krejje: will be awarded
Lo’ar: will be awarded
Medea: will be awarded
Mortimer: will be awarded
Morton: will be awarded
R’enna: will be awarded
Ulvur: will be awarded
Xer: will be awarded

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Featured OC
-one OC will be featured each month
-all entries of the featured OC submitted in the respective month are eligible for the extra prize
-the winning entry is not eligible for the respective monthly prize (unless it is the only entry submitted in that month) but is eligible for all prizes at the end of the contest
-note the timezone (GMT+2/CET+1) if you submit on the first/last day of the month

Prizes

March - Gaius/Prize: User Image Club Limbo Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner:Gaius by Dove-chan
February - An't-luchar/Prize: User Image Love Charm III Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner:An't-luchar by Kitara44
January - Kharon/Prize: User Image Radiant Galaxy (9 Pack)/Winner:Kharon by Qlou
December - Mortimer/ Prize: User Image Underland Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner:Mortimer by Kitara44
November - Ulvur/ Prize: User Image Guardian Totem Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner:Ulvur and R'enna by Ashefire_the_wild
October - R'enna/ Prize: User Image Famestar Masquerade Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner:R'enna by Geekpower
September - Morton/ Prize: User Image Double Rainbow Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner:Morton by carolyaza
August- Alania/ Prize: User Image Double Rainbow Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner: none crying (no entries)
July - Xer/ Prize: User Image Double Rainbow Bundle (9 Pack)/Winner: none crying (no entries)
June - Lo'ar/ Prize: User Image Screen King Bundle (9 pack)/Winner:Lo'ar by izzy_23
May- Ashlak/Prize:User Image Eternal Rivals Bundle (9 pack)/Winner: Ashlak by Onisfi

---

Monthly prize
-all entries submitted in the respective month are eligible
-note the timezone (GMT+2/CET+1) if you submit on the first/last day of the month
-the winning entry of the monthly prize is still eligible for all prizes at the end of the contest

Prizes

March: User Image Pixie / Winner: Gaius by Fintwint
February: User Image Mwee the Dragon / Winner:An't-luchar by Tirannaniel
January: User Image Mythrill Halo / Winner:Kharon by Blu Chalk
December: User Image Carol of Ol' Nick 4th gen. / Winner:Geri by Blu Chalk
November: User Image OMG Scarf / Winner:R'enna by i H i k a r i C h a n
October: User Image Bento Bunny / Winner: R'enna by Limitbreak Yuna Skyheart
September: User Image Mana Seed 2nd Gen /Winner: Morton by Ashefire_the_wild
August: User Image Nogitsune / Winner:Medea and Muffin by Ashefire_the_wild
July: User Image Starbabies / Winner: Krejje by Houston Love
June: User Image G9 Laptop / Winner: Ashlak by Princess Shego
May: User Image Silver laurels / Winner: Krejje by chong-k
March/April: User Image Silver laurels / Winner: none crying (no entries)

---

Monthly lottery
-each month every artist who submitted an entry will be given a random number
-at the end of the month I will generate a random number which will define the winner
>>>Number of artists participating: 28

Prizes

March: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for March 2012 / Winner:LinxTea
February: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for February 2012 / Winner:Geekpower
January: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for January 2012 / Winner:shesta713
December: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for December 2011/ Winner:carolyaza
November: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for November 2011/ Winner:Seraphine Lockheart
October: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for October 2011/ Winner:Onisfi
September: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for September 2011/ Winner:The Nephilim Rosier
August: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for August 2011/ Winner:izzy_23
July: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for July 2011/ Winner: Azsharen
June: User Image Monthly Collectible Letter for June 2011/ Winner: izzy_23

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/t.70284675#]
[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd39/juuge/Icons and banners/woeb.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Greedy Prophet

8,950 Points