Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Celebrity Caricatures Contest

---------------------------------------------------------

The Deal - Your mission is to draw, in a caricature style (preferably NOT a generic anime style and preferably not anime at all), a celebrity or group of celebrities selected by myself.

This Week's Celebrity Is: The Marx Brothers!

You have the option of drawing one (1) to three (3) of the three Marx Brothers (Harpo, Zeppo, or Groucho)

The Prize - Okay, peeps. I'm not a rich Gaian, so I can't keep this going forever on my own gold. So I am asking that people donate to the artist who wins the popular vote for his/her work at the end of the contest. Preferably at least a donation of 50 gold.

The Deadline - The votes will be collected on the last day of the 7-day contest. SO BE SURE TO CAST YOUR VOTES ON THAT DAY, NO SOONER. I will record everyone's vote, with their name, in the first post of this thread at the end of the contest. Vote IN THE THREAD. I will not accept votes through PM.
Won't someone justify this threads existence by at least POSTING IN IT?
*throws cigar at you* there you go. wink
Most people (read: almost all) here are anime artists. Then you are offering a prize of less then probally 200 and no more than 500. Then there is the fact that no-one know's any-one from more than 13 years ago (they are all 13 years old). Besides that, nice comp, I'd enter but I'm lazy and selfish.
I figured that could be an issue. But I was hoping there were a number of artists who have their horizons broadened beyond lifeless anime drawings. I guess not.

Thanks anyway.
JaCkinbOx
I figured that could be an issue. But I was hoping there were a number of artists who have their horizons broadened beyond lifeless anime drawings. I guess not.

Thanks anyway.
I wouldnt call it lifeless, but I can agree there is not much room to expand it.
JaCkinbOx

... You are on an anime based website and you are putting it down?
Floof Wolf
JaCkinbOx

... You are on an anime based website and you are putting it down?
This is a forum, not an anime based website. He would be a fool to put down writing, not to put down anime.
.:Wulf:.
This is a forum, not an anime based website.
Not according to what the main page used to say.

What I mean, is that most of the art on this site is anime based.
I'm not against anime as a whole. I sure as heck wouldn't be here, if I was. I'm just sick of the repetition art. The people who have no feel for emotion or proportions. Copycats with no soul.

There's a ton of them on Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces