Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Avenger?

Tony "Iron Man" Stark can build an army of Roombas! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 30 ]
Captain "Capsicle" America doesn't get that reference... 0.12745098039216 12.7% [ 13 ]
The Hulk ....is GREEN WITH ENVY?! (oh man that was bad) 0.068627450980392 6.9% [ 7 ]
THOR! GOD OF THUNDER! *SMASH* ...ANOTHER!! 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 18 ]
Hawkeye *loves his arrows more then pie* 0.07843137254902 7.8% [ 8 ]
Black Widow ....Can kill you while tied to a chair. 0.12745098039216 12.7% [ 13 ]
Phil Coulson. NUFF. SAID. 0.12745098039216 12.7% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 102 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 60 61 62 > >>

Eloquent Lunatic

the game began tonight. as i figured, some of the servers are full. gonna wait it out until all the hardcore players get their servers chosen, and any opening day glitches are patched then i'll pick one

Dapper Dabbler

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Clambake 200
BOO ******** YA.

I played Halo tonight for like, the first time in maybe a year, and I kicked ******** a**. Played the best game I've ever done, and came in second!

Also got 3 achievements!
Just a heads up.
I'm in the Tarnished Coast server.
In case you want to join in.
My Charr's sister was the first to pick one, so I followed.

Also the HoM rewards are a rip-off.
They're SKINS, not actual items.
You apply them to your items to look like the rewards. That's it.
No bonuses, no stats, no anything.
They're only for looks.

Dapper Dabbler

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Clambake 200
But how would that work with the mini's? Do you have to apply the mini skins to a mini you already have? Or the pets? If I put my black moa skin on....like....a drake pet, will it do moa damage or drake damage?
Pets and minis I didn't try.
I'm guessing those work normally, as in you get the pet and mini.

But armour, weapons, etc. are skins.
For example, the dragon fire sword can only be applied if you have a sword, and it will only change how it looks.
It will NOT do fire damage, it will not improve it's power, it won't do anything but make it look like the swords from GW1.

Eloquent Lunatic

It's been known for quite a long time that they are only skins. You can apply the skins to any item, so maybe you someday do get a sword that does fire damage, then you can apply the Fiery Dragon Sword skin to it if you want it to look like that. Actually, you can change the skins of almost any armor and weapon of the game with the Transmutation Stones to get a skin you like with the stats you like.

Eloquent Lunatic

Looks like most servers are high-to-full population today. I'll give it a bit until the launch day kinks are straightened out.

Eloquent Lunatic

Agent Verona
But how would that work with the mini's? Do you have to apply the mini skins to a mini you already have? Or the pets? If I put my black moa skin on....like....a drake pet, will it do moa damage or drake damage?

I think the minipets are unique, while the pets are skins you apply to a related pet. Like with the black moa, you train a regular moa, then you apply the black moa skin to it. the HoM calculator basically states outright that the White Raven is a skin for the Black raven.

Eloquent Lunatic

But, yeah, I've known about the HoM items being skins for quite a while now. But that's ok, you can apply the skins to whatever equivalent item you want, whenever you want.
I didn't know this.
I figured they'd be like the bonus items in the first GW.
So I was somewhat disappointed, but now I don't regret getting so few points.

I might raise My points for some of the mini's though at some point.

Apparently you can continue claiming more rewards after activating your HoM in GW2.

Eloquent Lunatic

Spike Badguy
I didn't know this.
I figured they'd be like the bonus items in the first GW.
So I was somewhat disappointed, but now I don't regret getting so few points.

I might raise My points for some of the mini's though at some point.

Apparently you can continue claiming more rewards after activating your HoM in GW2.

Kinda like in GW1, where there were some cool looking items, but the stats on them could widely range from really low to really high. And now we can change the look of a high-stat item if we so choose.

Yeah, you can. I plan on playing GW1 still while playing GW2. Still got a few more points to get. I should be getting a destroyer weapon soon, which will give me a few points because it'll give me 5 weapons, and some of my characters should be getting birthday presents within the next month or so, which'll give me another point for minipets. The rest, I dunno, maybe I'll do the daily kryta quests to get more oppressor weapons to fill up my weapon bar.
GW2 is packed as I predicted.
It'll probably be like that for the following week to about a month before things settle down I think.

I have a few unclaimed points I haven't dedicated, might do it later since no one else seems to be playing GW2 at the moment.

Most of My characters' birthdays should be coming soon, so another batch of mini's to dedicate hopefully.

Also reminding everyone I'm in the Tarnished Coast server.
It's medium to high population at the moment, though most, if not all servers are like that at these first few days.
Sorry if I jumped ahead, but as I mentioned, by the time I managed to talk to My Charr's sister she had already picked a server.

Eloquent Lunatic

Isn't Tarnished Coast strictly for rp? I might go to another server that isn't mostly rp. But we can guest with your Charr if we ever want to do rping.
I haven't done anything with the game yet. Just made sure to keep on downloading the updates. Do you have to pick a server first or can you make your characters first?

Eloquent Lunatic

BlackShade
I haven't done anything with the game yet. Just made sure to keep on downloading the updates. Do you have to pick a server first or can you make your characters first?

Server selection is the first thing that comes up for me, but I think you can select a different server for each character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff