1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 209 210 211 > >> >>> »|

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image
Welcome everyone to my contest. It's been quite some time since I've run one of these but not from lack of wanting, it just didn't seem as popular in the last few years. However my addition for contests wouldn't be subdued any longer so here we are with big shiny prizes!

Below are the dates you'll need to remember in regards to submitting your art and any important announcements. I should probably also mention here that there are also some early bird prizes every month and also a referral and banner swap mini contest down further too.

~ * - - - - * - - - - * - - - - * ~

DATES

P.S I'm in Australia. Dates are DD/MM/YYYY

04/01/2012 - Contest Start

15/01/2013 - WIPs Submitted

30/01/2013 - All Finished Entries

02/02/2013 - Ceremony

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

RULES

1* Read Character info and look at refs closely
2* No art theft! Or submitting pre-existing art
3* Follow Gaia ToS
4* No entry fee <3
5* No flaming / spamming
6* Don't forget to subscribe to the thread
7* You can only win one prize per entry
8* Collaborations are allowed
9* Ask questions! I'm happy to answer them.
9* Minimum of 50 entries preferable

Note:
* Art Pieces belong to the artist and I will never claim as my own
* I can use any art submitted for banners / sigs

JUDGING

CHARACTERIZATION: It is the MOST important thing. The art must portray the characters correctly above all else because even if the art is beyond amazing, if I have to look at it and wonder if it really is my character then that's a worry. Try capture their personality, quirks, their features and get them as correct as you can. Ask questions if you need to.

STYLE: I don't have a preference for a specific style so everything goes! As long as you capture the characters you can use whatever product or style - chibi, anime, semi-realism, realism, CG or traditional and anything I forgot.

QUALITY: Composition, anatomy, coloring/shading, details and so forth is of course important, but you don't have to be a perfectionist.

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image
=========OVERALL=========

GRAND: 10,000,000 Gold
[40 entries]

SECOND: 5,000,000 Gold
[30 entries]

THIRD: 2,500,000 Gold
[30 entries]

FOURTH: 1,000,000 Gold
[30 entries]

FIFTH: 500,000 Gold
[30 entries]

=========COUPLE / GROUP==========

FIRST: 5,000,000 Gold
[15 entries]

SECOND: 2,500,000 Gold
[10 entries]

THIRD: 1,000,000 Gold
[10 entries]

=========INDIVIDUAL==========

FIRST: 2,000,000 Gold
[10 entries]

SECOND: 1,000,000 Gold
[10 entries]

THIRD: 500,000 Gold
[10 entries]

=========SPECIAL CATEGORIES==========

As long as entries meet this that aren't winning main categories these will be given out.

Most CUTE: 1,000,000 Gold

Most SEXY: 1,000,000 Gold

Most EMOTION: 1,000,000 Gold

Most ROMANTIC: 1,000,000 Gold

Most UNIQUE: 1,000,000 Gold

Best SCENE: 1,000,000 Gold

Best CHIBI: 1,000,000 Gold

Best ACTION SCENE: 1,000,000 Gold

=========SPECIAL MENTION==========

100,000 Gold x 5-10

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image

Prizes between 150k - 1mil. While I would prefer the artwork finished, a good quality sketch or lineart the piece will be in the running. Prizes will be decided at the end of the month, I may give out more than one but I will no longer be specifying what I am giving out. Examples of prizes:
User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

THEME PRIZE
Novembers theme is Snow, Christmas and Mistletoe - Basically this theme has to involve one or more of the OCs specified in this thread with an added aspect. Basically anything you can think of that fits the theme - snow, christmas, gift giving, decorating the tree, kissing under mistletoe or anything else holiday like. Creativity and uniqueness is good! Have fun!!

MONTHLY PRIZE
- Each artist who submitted an entry will get a number and I will generate a number to pick the winner
User Image

WINNERS
Jan - Silver Bells - Oh Asobi
Jan - Jan 2012 Letter - Demon Blurry Eyes
Feb - Copper Belle - Kitara44
Feb - Feb 2012 Letter - Meek Hearted, Baked_Alaska,
March - None entered
April - Nymph Adora - RapidSilver
April - April 2012 Letter - Lunasumerin
June - Copper Belle - Sinaberry
June - May 2012 Letter - KiriHitomi
July - April 2012 Letter - Extra-Fancy Snow
Sep - Sep 2012 Letter - Dove-chan

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image

REFER AN ARTIST
To encourage entrants I'm having a referral contest. Tell your artist friends about it and get something out of it as well. However the artist has to actually submit a piece of art for you to get the prize.

- Get 3 artists to enter and say that you referred them to the contest. Every 3 artists that submit art will give you a Merit point and every Merit point is worth 250 Gaia Cash. However each artist only counts once even if they submit multiple art. You cannot refer yourself

Participants:
- Noirabu referred Oh Asobi,

SWAP BANNERS
Because I'm lazy and work keeps me so busy I'm going to be giving some incentive for other people to swap banners for me.

- You need to take one of our banners and swap it with a contest, shop or auction thread and then post their banner in this thread and I will check the thread to make sure its there. 15 banner swaps will give you 1 merit. Each Merit is worth 250 Gaia Cash.

Participants:
- IchigoKekiChan ( 16 swaps)

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

SCENARIO

They can be drawn in a modern or fantasy setting. The majority of their art has them in more fantasy styled clothes and appearance where Kimmi is an Angel and Marius is a Vampire Hybrid. But I have a few pieces where they are just normal guy and girl hanging out together, so the setting, their clothing and appearance is up to you within reason, these two are the most flexible. Kimmi and Marius are a couple and in love, and they must only to be drawn together or individually. NOT with any other OCs. These are the online persona's RP characters of Oo Midnight Memories oO and her boyfriend Marius Ruthven.

(Click on picture for profiles)

User Image

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

SCENARIO
Somewhat futuristic world melded with fantasy but you can put them in almost any setting.

Present Arc:

Lotus was ordered to go after Likereal, capture him dead or alive. Lotus disguised himself as someone else and chatted him up at a club and Likereal ended up taking him home. The two were somewhat involved 3 years prior when both met up while on holiday before Lotus vanished on him. They fought physically and the room pretty much ends up wrecked and both injured but Likereal is stabbed by a dagger that was coated in Lotus' blood which is poisonous and he collapses but admits he knows its Lotus, who calls him an idiot and sucks the poison out. Likereal then knocks Lotus unconscious and kidnaps him to a cabin in the mountains. While at the mountain they talk, Likereal flirts and tries to seduce him without much success and he admits hes in love. Lotus wont accept it and they fight and do some stupid things but also have some cute moments. They even go on a date or two.

However it can't last forever and eventually they go their separate ways because Lotus doesn't want to kill him and he doesn't want his 'masters' to realise that he didn't fulfill the request and go after Likereal again. Likereal is depressed and using a card he found in Lotus' wallet he ends up at an establishment that doesnt particularly look that interesting on the outside of the building but is elaborate and expensive on the inside. It's a gentleman's club, aka brothel specializing in boys. He meets Izeekial the owner who has a past with Lotus as well. Izeekial explains to him why they were after him and also more about Lotus, and assists him in his desire to become more resistant to Lotus' poison.

Likereal x Lotus x Izeekial combinations

Future Arc:

The main points is that in this arc Lotus is dying and in a last ditched attempt to destroy the organisation that is responsible for the experiments that were done to him and many others. He succeeds and Likereal goes to find him when he works out what he is doing because he's worried, he ends up finding Lotus who is injured and dying. Likereal flies out of the building with him and Lotus makes him promise to detonate a bomb and admits he loves him. Likereal walks away as the building blows up.

Likereal freezes him using magic and summons Luciefel. He forms a contract with Luciefel, agreeing to fulfill three things requested in return for giving Lotus twenty years of extra life. Luciefel was going to make him a devil but Likereal refused, so Luciefel weakened the poison in Lotus' blood and left them. Lotus got upset and went to leave but Likereal broke down and begged him not to leave so he ended up staying. Months later he attempted suicide and Luciefel came to stop him.

Likereal x Lotus x Luciefel combinations.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

SCENARIO

It is set in more of a modern, possibly slightly futuristic setting. The majority of this particular roleplay and setting is in a scientific facility where a scientist - Cyrin has been capturing and experimenting on the races that humanity believe are just myths and legends. He grew up in a rich family and he's using his own money for this so that he keeps control and also because people would laugh, though he is getting a little bit of help from one organisation. Lotus has been lent to him by the organisation to 'assist' though it may be just to spy as well but Cyrin doesn't really care. He doesn't see them as being human and therefore they have no human rights so he has no qualms about hurting them.

Kyrion is the newest arrival only being there a few weeks he is an Incubus and still has a strong fiery belief that they will escape and is rebelling. He ends up in the tank with Trithen a merman, faery hybrid (captured around 3 months ago) and they have a fight but mostly the two come out unscathed though they enjoyed it they are fire vs water but they don't especially dislike each other. Amberlyn is the one that has been there the longest, she has lost some of her belief that it is possible to escape and for the most part tries to keep from being noticed. However Kyrion and Trithen trigger her hunger and interest and she shares her knowledge with him, in exchange she feeds from him and he feeds from her.

Lhance is a shape shifter, currently forced to remain in his cat form he's been there for around three months as well. He has been conversing with Kyrion about a few things but he tries to stay out of sight of Cyrin as well. Talise is a mermaid, she was captured 2-3 weeks ago and was currently in a different part of the facility, Cyrin recently started introducing her and Trithen to each other as part of his experiments. Likereal is a Fallen Angel currently searching for Kyrion and will get captured too - unfortunately.

EDIT: If you wish to draw these OCs you can draw them in an alternate setting than in the RP.
This may be necessary for the themes and I really don't mind, it could be them escaping or after it.

User Image User Image User Image

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image

The steps are pretty simple. You complete your art and fill out the entry form and you PM it to Oo Midnight Memories oO and post it in the thread however if it isn't PM'd we are not held responsible for missing entries. If the thread is moving quickly though it should be fine since I tend to back read but just saying.

ENTRY FORM

[size=16][color=#ce1092]HEY THERE! I'M ENTERING YOUR CONTEST! <3[/size][/color]
[color=#ce1092][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Media:[/b]
[b]Character:[/b]
[b]WIP Link:[/b]
[b]FIN Link:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b] [/color]

Luciefel:
"Click the link to see any entries that have been submitted."

[ ~ ENTRIES ~ ]

26 Entries emotion_yatta

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/tw-st-d-t-mptat-o-m-n-co-t-sts-silver-bells/t.76988267/][img]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt46/kerosene_dream/gaia/banners-promo.png[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Omnipresent Grabber

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items