Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Explorer

Merp... I forgot, I still need to write my entry gonk

Wheezing Informer

6,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Edward 100
I could write an entry, I suppose. That sounds like fun.

Eloquent Explorer

Mikosama
Check out my mini-contest entry!

Username:Jackiee153
Mini-contest: Writing
Link to entry: Um... Just putting it in spoilers, I hope that is OK sweatdrop
I wasn't going to enter this, since I was originally going to go with something more serious, but I felt Jaylyn needed to provide slight, overly happy, comedic relief razz I'm having issues with the internet on my computer, so I hope the grammar and what not copied properly sweatdrop

"Oh-My-GreatGollyGoodness!" Jaylyn screeched in thrill as she ran up to a card board cut out of Wonder Woman. Although, reflexively she looked around, before recalling the reason she had even come to the convention in the first place: she was free to be a geek! Usually she was pretty good at hiding that side of her, it was like a secret identity she had to keep hidden, but no longer! She was as free as a bird! Free to be whoever, and whatever she wanted! Heck, she could even dress up as Chewbacca if she wanted to (and she was VERY tempted to)! Although, Jaylyn found it troubling that all her usual friends were gone, and she hoped they had gone to a better place. Still, Jaylyn was thrilled that she finally had the opportunity to step out from her alter ego and be the geek she really was.

Of course, Jaylyn wasn’t sure if it was the others that had been taken, or if she was just in heaven. Being a religious girl though, she figured it was the others. She wouldn’t mind if she was in heaven though, she was free to do as she pleased. Heck, she was pretty certain there were people who had begun to worship almost every single super hero, and there were probably people who literally worshiped the Doctor and Sherlock long before the “geek rapture” as it seemed to be called. She wasn’t certain though. Something that kind of bugged her about the rapture, was the creepy cosplays.  Some people were taking them completely over board. As it was, she was pretty certain there was an odd cosplay of Doctor Doom following her around. She had never been one to cosplay it just… wasn’t her, but she was becoming more and more tempted as she saw some less creepy cosplays. Still, there was one question that kept her from trying such a thing: Who would she dress up as?

Jaylyn sighed a bit, stopping before a very geeky piece of graffiti on a newly abandoned building. It read as follows: “Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection.”-Simon Pegg Although Jaylyn couldn’t help but feel like the person who had written it had been a bit over zealous about the eradication of anyone that wasn’t a geek, she also couldn’t help but feel a bit pumped up by the quote- despite it technically being illegal graffiti. “Yeah! I’m going to cosplay something tomorrow for the con! I’m a geek! Geek pride!” She suddenly yelled, running back and hugging the cardboard cutout of wonder woman. “Oh wonder woman, this is going to be so much fun!” She then ran off to her house, proudly and over zealously yelling “I’m such a geek!” The entire way home.

Upon her arrival home she realized that she was faced with two problems 1.) She still didn’t know who to cosplay and 2.) Where was she going to get her outfit even if she managed to figure out who she was going to cosplay? She had less than twenty-four hours to figure out solutions to both questions. At first her mind went instantly to wonder woman which was, after all, her favorite super hero of all time, but her hair didn’t match at all, and she was already certain she had seen ten or more people cosplaying wonder woman already. Next, her mind went to Harley Quinn. Although Harley wasn’t up her normal alley, since Jaylyn had a strong preference to heroes and cute things, Jaylyn knew her blonde hair would be a good match to dress up as Harley before the Joker, but there was something else… Jaylyn wanted something better. Suddenly, after many long minutes of pondering, the perfect idea hit her so hard and suddenly, that she couldn’t hold it in. “Chewbacca!” She exclaimed, racing to her parents room and searching through the closet. It wasn’t hard to find exactly what she was looking for, a very large, very bulky, and very brown, fur coat. Although she was certain it would be wonderful jacket to have when winter arrived, it would also be the perfect cosplay outfit with a few… alterations.

It was a long night that involved much cutting, gluing, and sewing, but Jaylyn still managed to get an hour of sleep before waking up in the morning to go to the convention. Sure, her outfit made her look more like a cute oversized bear than Wookiee, but  Jaylyn eagerly ran down the street to the con, trying her best to ignore the perfect female Cewbacca cosplay in the window of the store just down the street. “Dang blonde hair…” She muttered to herself as she realized her stupidity, having passed right by the night before. She was a geek and she would proudly show her love by being a bear for a day.

Permission to share this entry on Faceook: Sure, if you want to razz
If Y, name to credit: If you want to, just PM me.

Shy Gaian

Crap, haven't really been focusing on contest and rather on commissions and school.I had started it but if I don't finish I'll be sending it as a freebie smile

Timid Hunter

Mikosama
Check out my mini-contest entry!

Username: James and Watt
Mini-contest: Writing mini-contest
Link to entry: Entry link.
Permission to share this entry on Faceook: Yes
If Y, name to credit: James and Watt

Had a lot of fun with this, hope you like it, thanks. smile

Brilliant Fashionista

Mikosama
Check out my arts!

Username: Jaillin
Subject of entry: Mickey, Vera + Motorcycle
Link to entry: Mickey + Vera + Motorcycle
Permission to share this entry on Faceook: Y
If Y, name to credit: Ushimipan@deviantART.com -- I've totally forgotten my facebook name-- //hides

Hey, look who got distracted? sweatdrop
But I finished it at least~ =u=;; /

The background is transparent, but they've got a white outline around them~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out