Total Votes:[ 148 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 258 259 260 > >> >>> »|

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Hello and welcome to our art contest (theater). There are two hostesses here. Sarah and Katy. Sarah is taking on the role of the Phantom and Katy is a person at the party. We just have these roles to make it more fun and... interesting.

It's themed after the famous Phantom of the Opera as you can see. This art contest is to request art of our original characters and possibly get some freebie fan art and avatar art.

Announcements
05/14/09 ~ Opened! First person on gray list...
05/19/09 ~ Getting upset that no one is coming...
06/11/09 ~ First Entry!
06/16/09 ~ Forgot to update this... Lots of people have been entering and it's turning out to be a great contest. We've got affiliates, banners, prize and category ideas, and lots of wonderful contestants!
06/23/09 ~ First Entry of Nazar (Katy loves it)
06/24/09 ~ We made a DeviantArt which can be found here
07/01/09 ~ Katy officially names the thread Charles! Meilume submits here second entry. Carter and Dolce
07/02/09 ~ Sarah went through most of her subscribed threads and asked artists if they would like to join. A few have agreed to join. New front page banner. Sarah is also trying make the whole thread a little neater
07/06/09 ~ neashnah posts here WIP of Dolce. Page thirty-six
07/06/09 ~ Sudden surge of people which is very nice! Another entry from Kusareta Himawari who will be drawing Ace and Jack. Sarah is back from LA and the Anime Expo. Post if you want to see some pictures she took!
07/07/09 ~ MayaYukihime posts here WIP on page thirthy-seven. From now on Sarah is only adding you to the categories post if you give her the art. It's gotten too confusing for her
07/08/09 ~ An Urn was donated to Katy by a friend of hers! And she said she'll give it up for the contest and quest one later, after we have the prizes. Thank Katy for being kind enough to let us have it as a prize!
07/16/09 ~ We finally get another entry!
07/21/09 ~ We can calculate Charles's age now!
07/22/09 ~ "Behind the Mask" section updated, bumpers start, and MayaYukihime posts here awesome wip of Ace and Jack on page 51!
07/30/09 ~ CyCyDark submits her entry of Glenn. First entry of Glenn
08/08/09 ~ We get a huge donation from anonymous!
08/09/09 ~ Turns out it was a scam and the person asked for their gold back. Now were back 109,155 gold..
09/15/09 ~ Beautiful banner from Aniles on page 83.
10/17/09 ~ My oh my. Katy and I both haven't been on for a while. She's moved on to deviant art for her main site and I usually am just near a computer and listening to music. From now on, if anyone would like to contact us please me, NatsumiWolfSC. I try to log on occasionally and check all my PMs.
10/20/09 ~ Sarah is grounded from the computer at her mother's. She may get on Tusedays and every other weekend.
11/11/09 ~ Another quiet day with Charles. No new entries of any kind but special thanks to Kuki X3 for stopping by often.
04/18/10 ~ After many a month we finally have another entry! Thanks MayaKuroyuki for your wonderful picture of Ace and Jack.
10/11/10 ~ I am greatly sorry for the lack of updates and activity in the thread. Katy and I have just started our freshman year of high school and we're going to two separate schools so it's difficult to find time to sit down together and judge the photos. I'll try to find time within the next month to do so. We're also short on prizes so I'm considering selling some of my items or giving them away as prizes. Again, I am greatly sorry for the delays and I'll try to announce the winners very soon. Sorry for causing any doubt or mistrust.
11/08/10 ~ The school district Katy and I are in is having a four day weekend so I'll try my best to get to her house at some point to discuss winners and prizes on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
1/09/11 ~ First update of the New Year! Sorry for the delays but we have decided on the overall winner, some other winners, and an alternate to our original prizes.
1/31/12 ~ Winners announced and prizes being handed out

THE ULTIMATE ART REQUEST - Estimated End Date - June 11th, 2010
[Introduction] • [AboutThePhantom] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [Rules/White-BlackList] • [Categories] • [Contestants/Entries] • [OtherIdeas] • [GivenArt] • [Reserved] • [Reserved] • [Funds] • [Donations] • [Affiliates] • [BehindTheMask]

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
About The Phantom (Host)
Hello. I am Sarah / Carter (NatsumiWolfSC) and I enjoy the finer things in life. Such as sex, drugs, and rock n' roll art and music. (That too. Bwahaha.) On to the contest! After a few more informational and completely necessary (most of them) posts.

Anyways, Katy and I have some wonderful original characters we would love to have drawn. We just adore anyone who makes us some exquisite art. (And the not so exquisite.)

So, I do say: Enjoy the party!

AND NOW A MESSAGE FROM MY MORE PHANTOM-Y SIDE:

I see you have come to join our masquerade ball. We welcome you all to come and enjoy the party.

Just beware, I, the phantom, my be lurking somewhere.

I'm not usually invited to these formal affairs but this time I'm the host. Along with two of the party goers who happen to prefer me over... the rest you could say.

At this party we shall have a great contest for your artistic skills. The contest shall last for quite a while. We wish to keep this party for even longer. We're not sure of the set dates currently but we shall decide. How about until you die? Bwhahahahaha.
-With Love,
The Phantom

I suggest you follow our simple rules. I've heard the chandler is worth quite the fortune.

[Introduction] • [AboutThePhantom] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [Rules/White-BlackLists] • [Categories] • [Contestants/Entries] • [OtherIdeas] • [GivenArt] • [Reserved] • [Reserved] • [PrizeFunds] • [Donations] • [Affilates] • [BehindTheMask]

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image
About the PartyGoer (Host)

Hello one and all who have happened to cast a glance at this thread of ours. I am Kathryn (wonder_blue_or_KT), but I would appreciate it if you were to call me by a name more fitting than Kathryn. I would honestly prefer Katy over KT, but call me what you wish for I will answer to all (except for Kathryn). I am personally enthralled by many things and they are quite numerous and some hard to name. Basics include:

~> Art
~> Anything sweet.
~> Movies
~> Reading
~> Writing
~> Roleplaying
~> Joking
~> Hanging out with my peers
~> and now for the etc. etc...

Now for our contest. Any entries will have you on my good side. Whether they be a waste of my time or yours, I will personally be glad and excited to check this masquerade of ours everyday to see who else has joined our fabulous contest. So please, enjoy.

[Introduction] • [AboutThePhantom] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [Announcments] • [Rules] • [WhiteList] • [BlackList] • [Contestants] • [Contestants] • [Links] • [Entries] • [GivenArt] • [Affilates] • [Ideas] • [BehindTheMask]

Charles
(Thread(because we're just that weird))

User ImageI am Charles. The best friend of the Phantom and the crush of Katy. She does annoying the hell out of me but she's still a friend since it was her idea to have an art contest and give me a name.

She's my mother of sorts... And the Phantom my uncle? Aunt? This is confusing...

Anyways, I always love to be filled with new art for the world gaia to see. I can't wait to see who wins but of course, I have to wait just like everyone else.
[b]Reference:[/b]

*You must be a contestant or someone who sticks around very often to receive any freebies from us.

Katy makes post formats so the reference should be a picture of someone with a masquerade mask or a color idea. Try to find large images. Check our posts for examples.

Caution: We take a while to get them done because we aren't the best ever...

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Rules (What a bore!)

1 )Follow Terms of Service

2 )Be Kind, Rewind

3 )Be literate which means no talking "lyk dis." You don't have to capitalize or use periods but have some respect and use commas where they go and question marks when needed, please. If your kind enough we'll let it slide but remind you every so often

4 )No using our original character ideas.

5 )No stealing art from anyone

6 )All your submitted art work must be original

7 )We have the right to edit your work slightly to make the buttons with your user names on them for the entries post, if you really have a problem with this, contact Sarah

8 )DON'T SPAM. We all worked long and hard on this thread.

9 )No quoting anything on the first page

10 )No page stretching please

11 )No posting in the character profiles. This will be an automatic blacklisting

etc. I may add more or edit the current ones as seen fit

Angels of Music
(White List)

Kuki X3
xKawaiiKittenx

Gray List
sexychalupas - she came in and spammed
for gold but cooperated when I asked her to
delete or edit her posts. Sadly, it was on
the first day... User Image

Phantoms
(Black List)

None heart

[Introduction] • [AboutThePhantom] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [Rules/White-BlackLists] • [Categories] • [Contestants/Entries] • [OtherIdeas] • [GivenArt] • [Reserved] • [Reserved] • [Funds] • [Donations] • [Affilates] • [BehindTheMask]

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Acts
(Categories / Prizes)

Carter
Andrew
Jacob
Ace
Jack
Nazar
Taku
Tarcer
Katu
Sam
Jason
Cal
Luther
Glenn

Dolce
Juliet
Leanna
Pink
Blue
Albany

Carter/Dolce
Juliet/Andrew
Leanna/Jacob
Cal/Luther
Ace/Jack
Pink/Blue
Cal/Fire Were-Wolves
Carter/Tarcer
Taku/Katu
Tarcer/Katu
Sam/Albany
Nazar/Taku
Jacob/Dolce

3+ characters
-family portraits
-playing a sport
-playing poker/board games

You may draw any of our characters in any group. You can ask us for details if something has been left out in their description or you want to know how they act towards each other for a couple or group picture.

Prizes are always subject to change. All evolving items will be first generation.
Prizes
•Best of All -
1st - Picolitrosso's Urn
2nd - Masquerade
3rd - 100K
•Best Single -
1st - Picolitrosso's Urn
2nd - Masquerade
3rd - 100K
•Best Couple -
1st - Picolitrosso's Urn
2nd - Masquerade
3rd - 100K
•Hosts Favorites -
two 1st - a prize of hosts of host's choice (one for Katy's favorite/one for Sarah's favorite)
2nd- less expensive item chosen by Sarah and Katy from their inventory

Smaller Categories
•Best Group -
1st - 50K
2nd -
•Best Couple -
1st - 50K
2nd -
•Best Traditional -
1st - 50K
•Best Digital -
1st - 50K

[Introduction] • [AboutThePhantom] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [Rules/White-BlackLists] • [Categories] • [Contestants/Entries] • [OtherIdeas] • [GivenArt] • [Reserved] • [Reserved] • [Funds] • [Donations] • [Affilates] • [BehindTheMask]

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Contestants
HaivsnkD
Nazar

Kuki X3
Nikky - Juliet/Andrew

XxAnilesxX
Albany - Cal/Fire-Were Wolves

Moon Kito
Tarcer

Anabel_eevee
Carter/Dolce

Meilume
Sam - Cater/Dolce

myxXxbloodyxXxvalentine
Juliet

Morii-kun
Taku - Juliet

neashnah
Albany

MayaYukihime
Carter

CyCyDark
Glenn

MayaKuroyuki
Ace/Jack

Entries and Received Art
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Coming Soon
neashnah - Dolce
chi-chi47 - Carter/Tarcer
Nazi Flavored - Pink
Kusareta Himawari - Ace/Jack
Dai_x3 - Taku
MissInDeceased - Dolce

How to Enter
1 )Just tell us.
post here/private message NatsumiWolfSC
tell us who you're drawing
private message the final piece to NatsumiWolfSC

do not post your finished art work here

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Party Favors
(Art Given)
There's a chance of you receiving art from any of us if you stick around. None of us are professionals such as yourselves but we all have our own unique styles.

NatsumiWolfSC: all are currently on hold because of me not owning colored pencils...
Kuki X3 -

XxAnilesxX -

wonder_blue_or_KT:
Kuki X3
xXAnilesXx
neashnah

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Our Prize Funds
Picolitrosso's Urn 1/3
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

(If Masquerade becomes more than the Urn it will become 1st place prize and the Urn will be second place. Private message NastumiWolfSC with any questions or suggestions you may have.)

Masquerade 1/3
User Image
User Image
User Image

Send all trades to TPOTAC. Start a trade.

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Donations

XxAnilesxX - 5,604 gold

Donating will NOT increase your chances of winning anything so make sure you really want to donate before you do.

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Inspirations
(Give us Freebies/Things?)

This is just our little request post. Since both of us are currently broke from earning your guy's prizes and we have a few requests we'd love a few mini drawings. Any of the original characters dressed for the holiday's (Thanksgiving/Christmas at the moment) would be lovely. If you decide to do this for us please it to Sarah. NatsumiWolfSC.

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Affiliates
User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I would much prefer 200X40 banners. If you don't have one you will end up with a text link.
Draw For Me - Art Contest
Skynn Deep - Avatar Art Shop
Hero's Harem - Joint Art Shop

Our Banners
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/mcf5rd][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/ljbhk9[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/mcf5rd][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/nnk9f7[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/mcf5rd][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/krhnqg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/o8wf9b/][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/ohm65p[/IMG][/url]

[Introduction] • [AboutThePhantom] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [AboutThePartyGoer] • [Rules/White-BlackLists] • [Categories] • [Contestants/Entries] • [OtherIdeas] • [GivenArt] • [Reserved] • [Funds] • [Donations] • [Reserved] • [Affilates] • [BehindTheMask]

Durem Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Behind The Mask

The reason behind this all? We love art. We have many original characters and we're working on writing a book about them all, called Joy.

One Last Request:
We need someone to draw the cover. We have a really good idea for this but neither one of us has the skills to draw it and Sarah doesn't have a computer program or painting skills she can use to make it.

Sarah
User Image
Katy
User Image

DeviantArt
PhotoBucket

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff