So many entries...so much gold... 8O 0.2 20.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 205 206 207 > >> >>> »|

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

UPDATE: Oct. 24 - Got all the votes gathered up and have decided on the winners. That means I can do the ceremony sooner than expected if you guys prefer!

If you'd like to enter in my contest, I've got one open right now. It has all the same characters and some new ones. The entry prizes have gone up and so have the ending prizes so you'll get even more gold than you did from this one!

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries ~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Follow all Gaia rules and don't enter work against the ToS.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Use the form to enter final submissions. Any art submitted is mine and I have all rights to it (but I'll never claim it as my work).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Only colored and shaded OR shaded black and white - this means no line art!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'll accept anything from a headshot to a fullbody - but if your headshots aren't very realistic, you must enter a bust or more.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Don't enter chibis or tiny pixels. (If you aren't sure, send me some samples. I don't like styles where the head is clearly disproportionate to the body or where the body is really short.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Do not enter low-quality images. If you do not have access to a scanner or a very high quality camera, you'll need to send me samples before entering to get my approval.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I reserve the right to change the rules at any time - entries submitted before a new rule is posted won't require changes.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You may like to check out this thread on how to win an art contest. (I love details though so if you can't capture a character's personality, get all the details!)

Q: What's your favorite type of art?
A: Well, I like any medium. I think I only have a preference for digital because there's never an issue about quality (and I HATE low quality). I've ordered several times from artists that use markers and they're some of my favorites. I tend to prefer fullbodies over headshots, getting all of the character is really awesome to me. I love realistic and anime - there are certain types of art following another artist's style that I like (Invader Zim for instance) and some that I hate (like Adventure Time). I like when someone gets all of the details, when something is missing or wrong I notice and I just sit there like, "I want to tell them to fix it but so many people get mad at me when I do that..." so I rarely say anything...I have no idea if that helps. xD

Q: Which characters would most likely be seen with animals?
A: Lizard with Levarian or Leo and Copper. Alex with Balthazar. And just like what some artists have done with Taria and her other form, the same could be done for Selene, Genevieve, or Maia.

Q: Who are the couples?
A: Lizard and Alex
Ellie and Dean
Xadriana and Halona
Cyn and Chloe (she's the very last character!)
Cira and Gaidrian
Satara and Lucian
Anna and Andy
Veera and Sureshi
Drasi and Kuriko
Eloven and Julian -- not really a couple but they flirt a lot so most people assume they're a couple.

Q: What is the technology level in this world?
A: As far as technology, they have the essentials (indoor plumbing, lighting, etc.) but they don't really have electronics, not even a walkie-talkie. This is a place where magic took off but electronics/science kind of went to the back burner. An evil character might have some form of limited electronic technology but otherwise, most characters rely on their magic and other abilities. They have buildings but the majority of them would be made out of stone, like the older buildings in Europe. There would be the few that have a ton of money and would have brick houses and the like.

Q: Is there a number of entries limited to one person per month?
A: Nope, you can submit as many as you like!

Q: Is animation allowed?
A: I don't have any problems with animation (as long as it still falls within the other rules) but I would request one still of it though - I love putting received art in my signature and animation can't be put in my randomizer and kept at an acceptable size.

Q: Will the grand prize go for the best art in all categories? (Like the 1st of couple and 1st of individual OCs will have the chance to win the grand prize?)
A: Oh dear, I feel bad that someone might think this - there will be only person who gets the grand prize. I unfortunately don't bleed gold so I can't give out a gabazillion of those. >_> Every single entry is eligible for the grand prize though! Don't lose hope!

Q.: Will the grand prize be random?
A: It will NOT be random. I'm going to take all of the entries and pick my top 3 favorites. The people who drew them will get their gold and the art left over will be eligible for the prizes in the other categories. There are several other categories so it's possible for someone to enter numerous entries and win a top 3 prize in each of them. I might have family and friends vote on their favorites, but in the end everything is down to my opinion. (That's why it's a good idea to send me WIPs and ask for my thoughts.)

Q.: If someone is drawn with an animal (Levarian, Balthazar, etc.) does it count as a couple?
A: Yes it does!

Q.: Does the contest end once there are 40 entries?
A: No, the contest ends on the end date: Sept. 30, 2014. The 40 entries is what it takes for the Grand Prizes to be awarded, which they will be!

Q.: Can art be traditional or does it have to be scanned, inked, and shaded/colored?
A: It can be traditional but I would like it to be scanned - most cameras don't pick up details like a scanner (or the picture is blurry). Good quality is always best. I require all art to be shaded but it can be black and white.

Q.: Does all art have to be full body?
A: It doesn't, but I only want portraits if it's realistic - like this or this. I tend to have a preference for full bodies over headshots is all. You're more than welcome to do anything in between.

Q.: Can the comments have a description of what I was aiming for?
A: The comments can have anything you want in it, I left it general so people could leave it blank or write anything they wanted.

Q.: Does each character only get one entry?
A: Nope! Each character can have any number of entries - it's just that the first person who draws them gets a chance at more gold. If you look, Sapphira already has several entries!

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries ~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Grand prize:
1st place: 75,000,000,000
2nd place: 65,000,000,000
3rd place: 55,000,000,000
Couple prizes: (2 of these will be awarded!)
1st: 10,000,000,000
2nd: 9,500,000,000
3rd: 9,000,000,000
~~~~~~All others will get somewhere between 50mil to 5bil!
(13 of these will be awarded!) Individual OC prizes:
1st: 7,000,000,000
2nd: 6,000,000,000
3rd: 5,000,000,000
All others will get somewhere from 50mil to 3bil!~~~~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.At the end of every month, I will randomly pick one artist to use the Post Action to the right of your post to generate a Random Number from 50 to 500 (shown HERE) and I'll give you that amount in millions = 50mil-500mil! You can win every month so long as you enter a different piece every month. Any art that wins in a month is still eligible for bigger prizes at the end of the contest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The first person to make an entry for a character will get to win some gold using the same 50 to 500 randomly generated number to win up to 500mil! If you are the first person to draw someone but forget to do this, I'll let you know. (Note: this will HAVE to be a separate post than the number you generate with an entry!) ~~ If you can't decide who to draw, find someone who doesn't have any entries because 78 of these will be awarded!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prizes will be awarded by rows of 6 characters instead of individually. This means each character in a single row will be up against one another. If the rows do not show up properly, they are also color-coded. If you would like prizes to be awarded another way, please let me know! I've been asked to raise the prizes several times so I've had to change this to go along with it but I'm not sure of the best way to do so.

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Groups that still require entries before their prizes can be awarded otherwise I will combine rows to give out prizes! (remember, each row needs 4 individual character entries!)

Leilani to Chloe: 2 more needed
You can see the breakdown here in my journal

1st group of OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2nd group of OCs

3rd group of OCs

4th group of OCs

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
When you enter, use the Post Action to generate a random number from 50 to 500 (shown HERE) and you'll get that amount in millions = 50mil-500mil!
If you have entered at least once before, you can change it to 100 and 500!
If you have entered at least 8 times, you can change it to 300 and 1,000!

Copy this straight into your reply and fill it out:
[quote="Lizardlea13"][color=darkblue]Entry![/color][/quote]

Username:
Entry:
Character(s):
Comments: [size=5](include if you were referred or if you found this thread through someone's signature)[/size]

Let me know if you want to be PM'd as well as quoted in the thread when the contest is over! PM: phokyu,

Entries are kept within the spoiler:
Oct. 2013
1. janfenix ~ Entry 1 version 1 & Entry 1 version 2 ~ Hannah and Rika
2. Mikosama ~ Entry 1 ~ Xadriana

Nov. 2013
3. XxLunaNeomixX ~ Entry 1 ~ Alex & Balthazar
4. derpy101 ~ Entry ~ Naomi
5. janfenix ~ Entry 2 ~ Cindy
6. phokyu ~ Entry 1 ~ Alex and Lizard

Jan. 2014
7. kodomokurai ~ Entry 1 ~ Eloven
8. -Gin-Akki- ~ Entry 1 ~ Lexi
9. Brillainna ~ Entry 1 version1 & Entry 1 version 2 ~ Lexi

Mar. 2014
10. mlOoOlm ~ Entry ~ Sapphira
11. janfenix ~ Entry 3 ~ Sapphira

Apr. 2014
12. Celesaphii ~ Entry ~ Naomi

May 2014
13. Avhile ~ Entry ~ Bako
14. dotSei ~ Entry 1 ~ Quadir
15. dotSei ~ Entry 2 ~ Sam
16. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 1 ~ Penelope
17. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 2 ~ Andy
18. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 3 ~ Jo
19. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 4 ~ Gabriel
20. dotSei ~ Entry 3 ~ Itzak
21. dotSei ~ Entry 4 ~ Cyn
22. Polyester Party Pants ~ Entry ~ Veera
23. adorabuki ~ Entry ~ Sapphira
24. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 5 ~ Aella
25. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 6 ~ Amaya

June 2014
26. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 7 ~ Una, Kira, Zada, Verity, Willow, and Iris
27. dotSei ~ Entry 5 ~ Badru
28. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 8 ~ Lestari
29. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 9 ~ Isadora
30. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 10 ~ Halona
31. dotSei ~ Entry 6 ~ Julian
32. Bribble ~ Entry ~ Cira and Gaidrian
33. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 11 ~ Taria

July 2014
34. dotSei ~ Entry 7 ~ Ruby
35. Tuylur ~ Entry ~ Lucian
36. Lovelessesbutterfly ~ Entry 1 ~ Human Selene
37. Lovelessesbutterfly ~ Entry 2 ~ Laura
38. Mini Black Velvet ~ Entry ~ Genevieve
39. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 12 ~ Skye & a dragon
40. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 13 ~ Genevieve Beast Form
41. Miss Squiggly ~ Entry ~ Veera
42. X-MegaGirl ~ Entry ~ Iredessa

August 2014
43. Jinger ~ Entry ~ Kira
44. Yasu Izumi ~ Entry ~ Naomi
45. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 14 ~ Damisi
46. dotSei ~ Entry 8 ~ Sabiti
47. CTRLmyself ~ Entry 1 ~ Isadora
48. Eris Ambrosios ~ Entry ~ Lena

September 2014
49. dotSei ~ Entry ~ Faust
50. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 15 ~ Lizard
51. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 16 ~ Satara
52. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 17 ~ Kuriko
53. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 18 ~ Urvasi
54. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 19 ~ Akila
55. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 20 ~ Fi
56. rhebbet ~ Entry ~ Selene
57. -l- Kori -l- ~ Entry ~ Urvasi
58. Pandilicious ~ Entry ~ Lena
59. Gunmi ~ Entry ~ Bree, Soraya, & Chloe
60. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 21 ~ Lizard, Leo, & Copper
61. CTRLmyself ~ Entry 2 ~ Kira
62. Yurimaus ~ Entry ~ Maia
63. Ivory_Coated_Stars ~ Entry 1 ~ Semira
64. Arcadia_Ice ~ Entry 1 ~ Mark
65. Ailyia ~ Entry ~ Lizard and Kristoffer
66. Arcadia_Ice ~ Entry 2 ~ Verity
67. Ivory_Coated_Stars ~ Entry 2 ~ Olesia
68. Beauty of Mules ~ Entry ~ Iris
69. PopPuffs ~ Entry ~ Mark
70. Kaiser-chan ~ Entry ~ Wesley
71. General Bullsh1t ~ Entry ~ Alex
72. Pixitella ~ Entry - not safe for work! ~ Zada, Willow, Una, & Verity

October 2014
73. Ivory_Coated_Stars ~ Entry 3 ~ Leilani
74. kodomokurai ~ Entry 2 ~ Jayla
75. 0xIntegrity_Love_Unityx0 ~ Entry ~ Anna

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you refer an artist (directly or with a link in your signature) and they say so in their entry, I'll tell you to use the Post Action to the right of your post to generate a Random Number from 200 to 500 and I'll give you that amount in millions = 200mil-500mil! There isn't a limit to how many you can refer but make sure you aren't spamming other people's threads or anything.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Bump 100 times (you CAN include conversational posts) and I'll give you 100mil -- but don't bump every minute just to get this as soon as possible! I'll also pick the two people who I felt chatted with me the most here and they'll get 1bil.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Place one of the listed "Links In" in your signature for a month and I'll give you 500k for the smallest, 1mil for the medium, and 2mil for the largest! Continue to keep it there and you'll get the same amount every month you keep it there! If you plan on doing this, you need to let me know. You also need to post, doesn't matter where. If you don't post but once or twice for the month, I'll most likely suspend you. I've done this twice already, don't become the next!
People currently doing this: Mikosama (Sept. 7 - Oct. 7) ~~ KonekoKitty123 (Aug 22 - Sept. 22) ~~ Sketchyology (Aug 22 - Sept. 22) ~~ Nyxsirisa (Aug 22 - Sept. 22) ~~ LadyRem (Sept. 6 - Oct. 6)

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Deadly Gekko

21,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
In:
These are all randomized so the image changes!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/over-200bil-50-500mil-for-entries-70-ocs/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_v.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/over-200bil-50-500mil-for-entries-70-ocs/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_s.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/over-200bil-50-500mil-for-entries-70-ocs/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/29289_v.jpg[/img][/url]

Out:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff