+1 visitor! 0.23636363636364 23.6% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dates
Start: October 20, 2013
End: September 30, 2014 This date is subject to change!
Ceremony: October 31, 2014 Or at least hopefully less than a month after the end.I'm giving out over 700mil as shown in this post.

Question: Would you guys like it if I changed the prizes to ROWS of characters, rather than individually? This means if there are 4 entries from Lizard to Sapphira, Cyn to Michelle, etc. their prizes would be awarded and those characters' art would be up against each other. Thoughts? Ideas?

1: Introduction ~ 2: Updates ~ 3: Rules ~ 4: Art & Non-Art Prizes ~ 5: Characters ~ 6: Form ~ 7: Entries ~ 8: Links

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.At the end of every month, I'll look at the art submitted and my favorite one will receive 500k. You can win every month so long as you enter a different piece every month. Any art that wins in a month is still eligible for bigger prizes at the end of the contest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The first person to make an entry for a character will get 500k immediately! If you can't decide who to draw, find someone who doesn't have any entries left because 34 of these will be awarded! (Awarded so far: Lizard, Alex, Xadriana, Rika, Hannah, Cindy, Naomi, Eloven, Lexi, Kuriko, and Sapphira.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You can enter as many times as you like - you aren't limited in any way. Have some fun!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You can quote me in this thread or PM me at any time.

FAQ:

Q: Is there a number of entries limited to one person per month?
A: Nope, you can submit as many as you like!

Q: Is animation allowed?
A: I don't have any problems with animation (as long as it still falls within the other rules) but I would request one still of it though - I love putting received art in my signature and animation can't be put in my randomizer and kept at an acceptable size.

Q: Will the 45mil prize go for the best art in all categories? (Like the 1st of couple and 1st of minor characters and 1st main characters will have the chance to win the grand prize?)
A: Oh dear, I feel bad that someone might think this - there will be only person who gets the 45mil. I unfortunately don't bleed gold so I can't give out a gabazillion of those. >_> Every single entry is eligible for the 45mil prize though! Don't lose hope!

Q.: Will the 45mil prize be random?
A: It will NOT be random. I'm going to take all of the entries and pick my top 3 favorites. The people who drew them will get their gold and the art left over will be eligible for the prizes in the other categories. There are 33+ other categories so it's possible for someone to enter 33 entries and win a top 3 prize in each of them. I might have family and friends vote on their favorites, but in the end everything is down to my opinion. (That's why it's a good idea to send me WIPs and ask for my thoughts.

Q.: If someone is drawn with an animal (Levarian, Balthazar, etc.) does it count as a couple?
A: I might make an entirely new category for them, another couple prize, or include them with the minor characters couple prize...we'll see as we go along.

Q.: Does the contest end once there are 25 entries?
A: No, the contest ends on the end date: Sept. 30, 2014. The 25 entries is what it takes for the Grand Prizes to be awarded. If the contest ends and there are only 24 entries, the grand prizes will not be awarded unfortunately.

Q.: Can art be traditional or does it have to be scanned, inked, and shaded/colored?
A: It can be traditional but I would like it to be scanned - most cameras don't pick up details like a scanner (or the picture is blurry). Good quality is always best. I require all art to be shaded but it can be black and white.

Q.: Does all art have to be full body?
A: It doesn't, but I only want portraits if it's realistic - like this or this. I tend to have a preference for full bodies over headshots is all. You're more than welcome to do anything in between.

Q.: Can the comments have a description of what I was aiming for?
A: The comments can have anything you want in it, I left it general so people could leave it blank or write anything they wanted.

1: Introduction ~ 2: Updates ~ 3: Rules ~ 4: Art & Non-Art Prizes ~ 5: Characters ~ 6: Form ~ 7: Entries ~ 8: Links

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me - and if you want my attention and a reply, QUOTE ME.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Follow all Gaia rules and don't enter work against the ToS.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Use the form to enter final submissions. Any art submitted is mine and I have all rights to it (but I'll never claim it as my work).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you'd like to get feedback on your work, post the WIP/final in the thread or send a PM. If you want me to be brutally honest, tell me so.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'll accept anything from a headshot to a fullbody - but if your headshots aren't very realistic, please enter a waist-up or more.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Only colored and shaded art OR shaded black and white - this means no line art!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Don't enter chibis, tiny pixel, or very simple art. (If you aren't sure, send me some samples.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you want to change an outfit, let me know ahead of time so I can approve it. You don't need to worry about minor changes though.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Individual prizes for characters will only be awarded when there are 4 entries for them and grand prizes only when there are at least 25 entries.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You may like to check out this thread on how to win an art contest. (I love details though so if you can't capture a character's personality, get all the details!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I reserve the right to change the rules at any time - entries submitted before a new rule is posted won't require changes.

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200

Grand prize:
1st place: 45,000,000
2nd place: 25,000,000
3rd place: 15,000,000
Couple prizes: (3* of these will be awarded!) *1 for couples in a relationship, 1 for Main OCs, and 1 including a Minor OC.
1st: 10,000,000
2nd: 8,000,000
3rd: 6,000,000
~~~~~~All others will get somewhere between 500k to 2mil!
(24 of these will be awarded!) Main OC prizes:
1st: 8,000,000
2nd: 6,000,000
3rd: 4,000,000
All others will get somewhere from 500k to 1.5mil!~~~~~~
Minor OC prizes: (10 of these will be awarded!)
1st: 6,000,000
2nd: 4,000,000
3rd: 2,000,000
~~~~~~All others will get somewhere from 500k to 1mil!

This means if you enter only once (and I approve it) the lowest amount of gold you'll get is 500k and highest is 45mil!

Not an artist or just want to get more gold? You can do all of these if you so choose!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you refer an artist (and they say so in their entry - if they don't submit art it doesn't count), I'll give you 500k! There isn't a limit to how many you can refer but make sure you aren't spamming other people's threads or anything.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Number your bumps (you CAN include conversational posts!) and the top two people with the most at the end date will each get 1mil. Then I'll pick the one person who I felt chatted with me the most here and they'll get 2mil.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Place one of the listed "Links In" in your signature for a month and I'll give you 500k! Continue to keep it there and you'll get 500k every month you keep it there! If you plan on doing this, you need to let me know and you should post in this thread at least once a week (though I'm known to post-stalk people so if you only have it there the day you post, I'll know). If an artist says they found this thread through your signature, I'll take it as a referral and you'll get 500k! So go talk in other places! People currently doing this: Mikosama (Mar. 26 - Apr. 26) ~~ I_EmptyRain_I (-Suspended-) ~~ KonekoKitty123 (Mar. 24 - Apr. 24) ~~ digi-iiro (Mar. 24 - Apr. 24) ~~ Sketchyology (Mar. 22 - Apr. 22) ~~ theroboticlego (Mar. 22 - Apr. 22)

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
All images link to individual guild threads that contain more information and references.
If any images are not working, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Main OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Minor OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
Copy this straight into your reply and fill it out:
[quote="Lizardlea13"][color=darkblue]Entry![/color][/quote]

Username:
Entry:
Character(s):
Comments: (include if you were referred or if you found this thread through someone's signature)

Let me know if you want to be PM'd as well as quoted in the thread when the contest is over! PM: phokyu,

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
Oct. 2013
1. janfenix ~ Entry 1 version 1 & Entry 1 version 2 ~ Hannah and Rika
2. Mikosama ~ Entry 1 ~ Xadriana

Nov. 2013
3. XxLunaNeomixX ~ Entry 1 ~ Alex & Balthazar
4. derpy101 ~ Entry ~ Naomi
5. janfenix ~ Entry 2 ~ Cindy
6. phokyu ~ Entry 1 ~ Alex and Lizard

Jan. 2014
7. kodomokurai ~ Entry 1 ~ Eloven
8. -Gin-Akki- ~ Entry 1 ~ Lexi
9. Brillainna ~ Entry 1 version1 & Entry 1 version 2 ~ Lexi

Feb. 2014
10. -Oceanturtle ~ Entry ~ Kuriko

Mar. 2014
11. mlOoOlm ~ Entry ~ Sapphira
12. janfenix ~ Entry 3 ~ Sapphira

Apr. 2014
13. Celesaphii ~ Entry ~ Naomi

Deadly Gekko

19,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
You can quote me or PM me your links. Please make sure you've added one of mine and I'll <3 your thread!
In:
These are all randomized so the image changes!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/tender-remembrance-over-700mil-33-ocs-monthly-prizes/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_v.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/tender-remembrance-over-700mil-33-ocs-monthly-prizes/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_s.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/tender-remembrance-over-700mil-33-ocs-monthly-prizes/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/29289_v.jpg[/img][/url]

Out:

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games