Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your favorite?

Bang! 0.21212121212121 21.2% [ 7 ]
Slice! 0.3030303030303 30.3% [ 10 ]
Here, drink this... 0.48484848484848 48.5% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

User Image

Welcome to the most murder-friendly art contest yet! We've 400 million in prizes! Art not your thing? We've got prose writing
and advertising contests as well!

This contest is held by all the Spies game regulars. Since 2007 we've been playing variations of a forum game called Spies,
outwitting each other, murdering each other, and becoming true friends with each other. In this contest, we invite you to ready your
blood splatters and draw us!

--------

About the Contest
Start: March 2014
End: March 2015
plus we give out 4mil every month!

--------

Monthly Contest
For each month of the contest, we'll be doing a mini-contest with a single 4mil first place prize! Plus, all monthly contest entries are
automatically entered into the main contest, and can win any prize there as well (so you could win 4mil this month, and 150mil at
the end of the main contest). Each monthly contest is run by one Spies regular, who set the theme and chose the winner.

This month is...

APRIL CONTEST
- Speedpaint!
Hosted by Ginger who is green

Quote:
Draw an entry in 90 minutes or less! Try to be energetic and interesting. I won't be choosing the winner based on skill
necessarily (unlike for the main contest), but whatever picture is the most interesting. Whether that's because of the bright
colors, the energetic sketching line, the cool pose and graphic shapes background... Whatever steals the show! You can
enter as many times as you want so draw away! All Monthly contest entries are automatically entered into the main
contest, but if you decide later you want to spend more time on your speedpaint and re-enter it into the main contest, you're
welcome to!

MAY CONTEST
- Animal Spies!
Hosted by Renekai

Quote:
Transform a subject into an animal! Pick one or more subjects of your choosing and draw them as an animal, again of your
choosing. Try to get creative and think of ways for the animal you draw to still be recognizable as the subject's you chose. I
will be judging the drawings mainly on how recognizable the subject is, but also based on general skill and aesthetics. You
may use any style you like; the drawing may be scary, cute, silly, or anything you desire! You can enter as many times as
you want, and all Monthly contest entries are automatically entered into the main contest.

JUNE CONTEST
- Everything Is Better With Shipping!
Hosted by Chimukyou

Quote:
Sitting there looking at this theme and wondering exactly who you're going to ship? You don't have to ship two actual Spies
characters. Wanna draw Shoe<3Watermeat? I'm down with that. As I'm a Homestuck, I'm totally down for quadrant
shipping
, Hatemance, vacillation, OT3s, OT4s, and cosplay romance... Shipping suggestions? Chimu<>Shoe.
Red<3Bunny. Shoe<3Watermeat. Chimu<3Elegant Veil/Elegant Veil Rope. Ginger<3/<3<Chimu. Fair warning, Lynn and
myself (Chimu) are siblings. I mean, I'm not gonna stop you, just letting you know. How do you win? Make me ship it. Make
me ship it SO HARD. Just a little extra note - only one of the characters has to be a participaring spy! The other character
can be a non-participating spy, original character, fan character, or even a character from an existing work!

[Introduction and Monthly Contests] - [About Spies and Rules] - [Prizes] - [Subjects] - [Entering and Entrants] - [Advertising and Affiliates]
User Image
Spies is a thread version of the game MAFIA that's been running since the original Gaian Water Festival summer event of 2007. It was originally started
in the Team Barton thread as a midnight activity to boost morale. We've since moved to the chatterbox and play games regularly, always with a gold prize.
(Click the link below to join us in the Spies common room):

User Image

For an overview of the game and the roles, pay our Database a quick visit.

We've created many, many themed variations on this template and have invented new rules and roles to keep it complicated and fun over the past 7 years,
including things like "Werewolf Spies," "Food Spies," (pudding vs pudding!) as well as cosplay games like "Zelda Spies" and "Death Note Spies." There's an
archive of all the games in our main thread (again, here). Feel free to look through the game threads - there's a story archive for each game played, where
the host has written about the events of the game. We welcome art illustrating scenes, or dressing up members in a game theme!

Contest Rules

◄Follow all Gaia TOS.
    ◄Please don't quote the first page.
    ◄Post any questions you have in the thread.
    ◄Enter as many times as you'd like!
    ◄The contest may be extended up to 6 months if the number of entrants is less than 50. If you want to help us avoid this, tell your friends!
    ◄All art submitted must be original art by the submitter.
    ◄Collabs are accepted; please write both usernames on the entry form. We
    will send the full gold prize to the FIRST username listed, so you can decide how to split the prize yourself.
    ◄Each prize must have at least three entries to be unlocked.
    ◄We reserve the right to add rules or prizes as we see fit (no prizes with entrants will ever be reduced).
    ◄To exchange links, please send a PM to Murder is Just a Game and add our link to your thread.

All art styles are welcome! If you're wondering who would appreciate your style best (for example, "Who likes realism? Who wants a chibi?")
ask about it in the thread. You're welcome to post WIPs for feedback as well.

[Introduction and Monthly Contests] - [About Spies and Rules] - [Prizes] - [Subjects] - [Entering and Entrants] - [Advertising and Affiliates]
User Image
The winner of the Grand Prize, Runner Up, or Second Runner Up cannot win any other prizes (excluding monthly prizes).

Other entrants may be awarded up to 2 other prizes on different entries.

All entries made for the monthly contest (see first post) will be automatically added to the main contest as well, and are in the running
for any prize category they fit into (so the winner of February's monthly contest may also win the Grand Prize). One participant can win
up to three monthly contests, so don't hesitate to keep entering!

Each prize category must have at least 3 entries to unlock the prize. For example, "Best Multi-Character" can
only be awarded if there's more than 3 pair or group pictures submitted. It isn't a contest without competition!

Prizes with a User Image next to them haven't been unlocked yet. Don't let that stop you from entering, and then refer your friends!

Judging: All Spies (everyone who's up for drawing) will take part in judging the winners. For the Grand Prize, we will be looking at skill and
creativity primarily.

GRAND PRIZE... 150 MILLION PURE
Runner Up - 50mil
Second Runner Up - 20mil

.........................And Assorted Mini Prizes...

Best Renekai - 6mil User Image
Best Chimu - 6mil User Image
Best Ginger - 6mil User Image
Best Shoe - 6mil User Image
Best Red - 6mil User Image
Best Lynn - 6mil User Image

Best Murder - 6mil User Image
Most Dangerous Looking - 10mil User Image
Best Weapon - 4mil User Image
Best Use of Blood - 4mil User Image
Most Heartbreaking - 4mil User Image
Most Disturbing - 4mil User Image
Best Use of a Game Theme (Heartbreak Hotel Spies, Food Spies, etc) - 4mil User Image

Best Multi-Character (2 or more subjects) - 10mil User Image
Multi-Character Runner-Up - 4mil User Image

Best Chibi - 4mil User Image
Best Anime - 4mil User Image
Best Cartoony - 4mil User Image
Best Semi- or Full-Realism - 4mil User Image
Best Background - 4mil User Image

Best Short Story User Image

........First Place - 10mil User Image
........Runner Up - 4mil User Image

Write some prose, 400-1,500 words long! Go ahead and look at Spies games story archives for some inspiration (towards the bottom of the
first page in each game thread). You can write a tortuous murder scene, or a story of forbidden love between a Spy and Townie...Cast the
subjects however you'd like for your story, but do include us (for example, the love story of Chimu the Spy and Renekai the Townie...but not
a generic spy and townie). Feel free to pitch your idea in the thread and get some feedback before you write it out.

12 monthly contests! 4mil prize each!
See the first post for current information

5mil Referral Contest prize!
See the Advertising post for details!

User Image

All of these people are the Spies regulars, who both play and host the games. A few more regulars might be added later in the
contest, so if you don't like any of these subjects, check back in a month or two! Feel free to send a subject a PM if you have any
questions about their outfits, or want them to check a WIP, or anything like that. The "base" avatar on the left shows the
necessities you have to draw to make it qualify as that character, but you can invent everything else. For example, you can take
Renekai's base and then dress her up as murderous Pudding to fit the theme of Food Spies. There are also a couple outfits for you
to use if you don't want to make one up. Unless you're trying a specific thing (ie dressing Ginger up in all bombs for Most
Dangerous), please use the given outfits. Have fun!

User ImageRenekai
aka "Ren," "Rene"
Once feared as the terrible Badger Queen, digger of dens and ravager of feet, I have since settled down
and become somewhat more civilized. This is all a facade when I'm a spy, however-- at night, I once again
become a ruthless and bloodthirsty killer! During games, I take on one of two strategies; I either try to
appear clueless and innocent, or, if I want to watch the world burn, I will intentionally say suspicious things
to see how long it will take for the masses to turn against me. I tend to resist breaking tie votes; the longer
the game goes on, the better! Feel free to draw my avatar in different outfits, or with human-shaped ears if
you prefer.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User ImageChimuKyou
aka "Chimu", "Chichi"
Feel free to draw my avatar cosplaying as characters from Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Supernatural, or
Homestuck! If you have another fandom you'd like to draw him as, just run it past me! Don't feel like
drawing the aero hairstyle? I've been known to change it up, but please keep the bright orange-red - unless
he's crossdressing. Feel free to draw my avatar as either a badass or a frilly drag queen. I'm not really
known for a style of murder, but more for being a devious and underhanded player who always has a trick
up his sleeve. If you're drawing in a pair, deviously plotting with Shoe, embarrassing Lynn, or fawning over
Ginger are all good ideas!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Imageginger who is green
aka "ginger," "jeshi"
Mischievous, cocky, slightly childish and always dangerous...in my imagination, at least. Expression and pose
shouldn't be very hammy or over-the-top (no huge grins), but a small, dangerous smile. For outfits,
nothing terribly girly, a little rebellious style is great. I tend to break stalemates and kill as many people as
possible - keep the game moving forward, you know? Chaotic good/evil, depending on my role in the
current game. Many of my most iconic kills involve drowning people, so water is a theme that works well
with me. I like to play around with Chimu (roleplaying his daughter often) and harass Renekai. Take some
artistic liberties (just leave the green hair) and have fun!
User Image User Image User Image User Image

User ImageShoeboxWarrior
aka "Shoe"
I'm not much of a trickster or effective backstabber, but I tend to be a bit of a plotter; using detective work to
find out who was where when. I also tend to play all of my parts the same and usually with a big grin on my
face so I often come off looking innocent. Unfortunately this also works against me as everyone will suspect
me even when I'm NOT plotting anything. I love to role play characters and will go all out if there are others
to play along with me. I don't trust any players but I've been known to frequently pair up with Chimu and on
occasion The Red Pocky Box to make things more interesting. I usually have short hair and I absolutely love
the Elegant Snowy Cravat item.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageThe Red Pocky Box
aka "Red", "Tektek's b***h"
In game, I'm usually the one that creates a legendary amount of bull. I post LONG and complicated
theories to sway votes one round. Then next round I'm backstabbing my buddies via PM with the new
guys. Yep! Give me one day and everyone magically votes you the next. I make it a thing to talk to
everyone - especially the new victims players. Otherwise, people know me as the host who writes the
most violent stories, the gamer, the pretty-avi one, the perverted one, the try-to-seduce-you-with-my-eyes
one, the artist who never finishes commissions and the part-time pimp daddy. As for how you gorgeous
f*ckers will draw me: If it doesn't have blood or it ain't holding a bunny, kiseru, weapon or all three at
once... it ain't Red! I don't really have a signature avi so I'll just create a rainbow. Need more inspiration?
Click here or PM me.
User Image User Image User Image User Image
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image User Image

User ImageLynnRyuujin
aka "Lynn"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

To enter the Art Contest, fill this out and post it--

[imgleft]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/MurderIsJustAGame/Banners/BANG.png[/imgleft]
[b]Entrant's Username:[/b]
[b]Character(s) drawn:[/b]
[b]Link to image (no gallery links, please--direct):[/b]
[b]For monthly contest?[/b] y/n
[b]Referred by (optional):[/b]

To enter the Writing Contest, fill this out and post it--

[imgleft]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/MurderIsJustAGame/Banners/BANG.png[/imgleft]
[b]Entrant's Username:[/b]
[b]Link to story (blog, fiction.net, etc...or PM your story to Murder Is Just A Game and write the title here):[/b]
[b]Referred by (optional):[/b]

To enter the Advertising Contest, see the next post!

User Image

Photobucket Gallery of Entrants

User Image

Referral Contest:

If you refer someone and they enter the contest, you get a point. You get a point for every time they enter a contest too, so if
someone you refer enters 3 times, you get 3 points. The person with the most points when the contest ends wins 5mil pure!

Referral Points:

N/A

LINKS IN

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/spies-art-contest-2oomil-art-prose-monthly-open/t.89969843/][IMG]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/MurderIsJustAGame/Banners/banner1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/spies-an-art-contest-400mil-in-prizes/t.89969843/][IMG]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/MurderIsJustAGame/Banners/banner2-1.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/spies-an-art-contest-400mil-in-prizes/t.89969843/][IMG]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/MurderIsJustAGame/Banners/banner3.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/spies-an-art-contest-400mil-in-prizes/t.89969843/][IMG]http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac16/MurderIsJustAGame/Banners/smallbanner.png[/IMG][/url]

AFFILIATES

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

User Image User Image

If you would like to be an affiliate, please add one of our banners to your contest and then PM Murder is Just a Game with your link and we'll add you. Any size banner is acceptable!

You may now post!
thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas