Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Wow, a 40,000 worded haru sari fanfic?! eek Ambitious!! Was it a NaNoWriMo challenge for him or her?

IronSpike: Practice?! Wow. <3

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
*relaxes and thinks of what to make for dinner*
Bribble
Qyp
IronSpike
Re-did my sig image as practice for this contest. Oughta start on a submission or two, now...

YOU DREW YOUR SIG AS PRACTICE?

I AM GOING TO GO CRY.
With good reason... in fact, I may join in

Ha ha well, this is a pretty unique contest. I don't usually participate in art contests anymore, due to time constraints, but with an Angelic Halo on the line....
Sevi Rais

LOL my bad, it was over 20k (c&p'd the thing into Word twice, doubling the length). Still very ambitious though. I don't think it was for NaNoWriMo, as I didn't receive it in November/December.

And I have to say, yours was pretty ambitious and unique as well. surprised
Jiiao

I'm flattered and so very happy that you enjoyed the comic so much! Seeing how much you are into the story, I'm sure you will be able to come up with something worthwhile.

Mandatory question: do you have a favorite character/ scene? heart

Super Smoker

Ah... I'm a sucker for backstory, so the Alberich/Phonenix scenes (especially when they were younger... Cygnet oh my goodness) really got me.
I didn't like Alberich at first, but after seeing him the first time he interacted with Phoenix (showing vulnerability) and their escape from the island, I felt really sorry for him... and that made me like him a whole lot.
<3333

However, Chi-Min is definitely my favorite character.
I kind of thought he loved June, but when and how he said it made me want to support him to the very end!
And his alone moments make me appreciate him a lot more... because often times you don't think of characters on their own, but with Chi-Min I appreciated him the most in solitude.
This page is gorgeous, btw: [x]
His relationship with his father too... oh god, I was dying when I read those pages.
Q___Q <3

And I didn't like Cortinon , but after this page [x] everything I thought about him was flipped upside down!!!
All of the characters are so complex with so many dimensions, I keep thinking about it ahahaha
@____@;;

At first I was bothered by June and her... race?
I don't know if that is what you would call it, but the fact that she was a cat-person in a story about humans and artificial human/elves threw me off... but as the story developed I got completely conformable with the concept and now I can't picture it any other way!
The way everything is incorporated make it for a smooth read, but also continues to be intriguing all the way through!!!
>w< <3333

Leon is probably my least favorite character, but not because I dislike him, just because he seems to be the weakest to me...
Maybe it is because he shows less emotion than the others, and seems to only just have become a more integral part of the story.
Overall, I'm a big fan!!! Hahahaha <3

I always get excited when a story draws me in, and this one is incredibly fun to read.
I really really really want to draw Chi-Min in hanbok now haha!
<3

Sorry for all of the text, hahaha
^___^;; <3

Manly Lunatic

Jiiao

Oh my goodness... @___@;;
I was just surfing gaia and minding my own business when I can across this thread, and now here I am an hour and a half later crying my eyes out.
;______; <33333

Haru-Sari is soooooo good!!! <3
The art is magnificent, and the characters are so wonderful! D:
I didn't expect to get so involved, and when I got to the end I was so shocked, I wanted to throw my laptop across the room!
The story you wove was so intimate and complex, I just want to give everyone a big hug.
TT_____TT </3

I was sick in bed today, and depressed about having to miss classes, but now I'm all fired up!
I can't wait to draw some of these incredible characters, though I won't do them justice!
>____<;;;

Thank you for writing and illustrating such a wonderful masterpiece!
I can't wait for the future updates!
q__q <33333

o.o

You... crazy.

<3

Manly Lunatic

IronSpike
Bribble
Qyp
IronSpike
Re-did my sig image as practice for this contest. Oughta start on a submission or two, now...

YOU DREW YOUR SIG AS PRACTICE?

I AM GOING TO GO CRY.
With good reason... in fact, I may join in

Ha ha well, this is a pretty unique contest. I don't usually participate in art contests anymore, due to time constraints, but with an Angelic Halo on the line....

Quite quite.

Manly Lunatic

KEIIII~!

Is the cover of Haru-Sari based on the Tears and Blood chapter?
Qyp
KEIIII~!

Is the cover of Haru-Sari based on the Tears and Blood chapter?

No, but you can interpret it as such if you want. ^^

Super Smoker

Crazy?
.___.;;

I just really like it thats all...
Q___Q </3

Jiiao

I'm sure he meant the best awesomeness kind of crazy. heart

Super Smoker

I hope so, hahaha...
sweatdrop

I just get really involved when there are good characters...
You created awesome ones.
c:

It's awesome that you're so into them. whee heart

You're right that Leon doesn't have the kind of psychological baggage that the other characters have. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does make him kind of an oddball amongst the cast.

The funny thing is, there was a different version of the story before I settled on the current one, and in that version Leon arguably had the most complicated, heaviest psychological baggage. Now? I can't imagine him being like that anymore, considering his surroundings and background (which changed pretty much completely between those two versions).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff