Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Re-did my sig image as practice for this contest. Oughta start on a submission or two, now...
IronSpike
Re-did my sig image as practice for this contest. Oughta start on a submission or two, now...

Very nice c:
!FruityStarburst!
keiiii
!FruityStarburst!
keiiii
How many writers have entered the competition if you don't mind me asking? emotion_kirakira I would love to get my OMG back.

There has been five so far. ^^ Enough for judging.

Should you have any questions about the story or the characters, please don't hesitate to ask 3nodding

Interesting, I was thinking about writing about June. Would it be acceptable to write in first person? Or would you rather it be third person? c:

First person is fine. I'm pretty open, format-wise. Prose, poetry, haiku, play script, whatever -- anything's cool as long as it's a good read and reflects a great deal of insight on the characters.
keiiii
!FruityStarburst!
keiiii
!FruityStarburst!
keiiii
How many writers have entered the competition if you don't mind me asking? emotion_kirakira I would love to get my OMG back.

There has been five so far. ^^ Enough for judging.

Should you have any questions about the story or the characters, please don't hesitate to ask 3nodding

Interesting, I was thinking about writing about June. Would it be acceptable to write in first person? Or would you rather it be third person? c:

First person is fine. I'm pretty open, format-wise. Prose, poetry, haiku, play script, whatever -- anything's cool as long as it's a good read and reflects a great deal of insight on the characters.

Good c;
So how many pages have the other writers submitted? I'd hate to go under them. If you would let me know that would be swell. c: Also I am allowed to intertwine June with another character right?
!FruityStarburst!
Good c;
So how many pages have the other writers submitted? I'd hate to go under them. If you would let me know that would be swell. c: Also I am allowed to intertwine June with another character right?

I haven't printed them out, actually, so I don't know about the page count. Longer doesn't necessarily mean better, though. If your story needs 50k words for the full impact, then let it be 50k; but if it only needs 2k, there's no point in trying to stretch it to 3k with unnecessary adverbs and whatnot. But just to satisfy your curiosity, there's one that's over 40k words long.

I will admit, I do think it'd be unlikely for a short little haiku to win the grand prize. XD A collection of good haikus, though, might be a different story.

You are certainly allowed to use multiple characters. You can even throw in a character that's not in the comic, as long as the focus is on the canon characters.

Remember that you're free to run any ideas or WIPs by me. I offer critiques and suggestions to anyone who asks. ^^ It's not a requirement, of course; just an option that I would find immensely helpful if I were entering a contest.
keiiii
!FruityStarburst!
Good c;

I haven't printed them out, actually, so I don't know about the page count. Longer doesn't necessarily mean better, though. If your story needs 50k words for the full impact, then let it be 50k; but if it only needs 2k, there's no point in trying to stretch it to 3k with unnecessary adverbs and whatnot. But just to satisfy your curiosity, there's one that's over 40k words long.

I will admit, I do think it'd be unlikely for a short little haiku to win the grand prize. XD A collection of good haikus, though, might be a different story.

You are certainly allowed to use multiple characters. You can even throw in a character that's not in the comic, as long as the focus is on the canon characters.

Remember that you're free to run any ideas or WIPs by me. I offer critiques and suggestions to anyone who asks. ^^ It's not a requirement, of course; just an option that I would find immensely helpful if I were entering a contest.

Tehehe, thank you very much. c: I will work on it, maybe write out a quick couple pages and send it to you for a critique. c:
IronSpike

Very much looking forward to seeing what you'll do heart

Diamond Cat

Manly Lunatic

IronSpike

YOU DREW YOUR SIG AS PRACTICE?

I AM GOING TO GO CRY.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Qyp
IronSpike

YOU DREW YOUR SIG AS PRACTICE?

I AM GOING TO GO CRY.
With good reason... in fact, I may join in

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Decided to start reading it again from the beginning seeing as how I have forgotten so much. The background in this must be intentional... Funny how I never noticed it before.

Super Smoker

Oh my goodness... @___@;;
I was just surfing gaia and minding my own business when I can across this thread, and now here I am an hour and a half later crying my eyes out.
;______; <33333

Haru-Sari is soooooo good!!! <3
The art is magnificent, and the characters are so wonderful! D:
I didn't expect to get so involved, and when I got to the end I was so shocked, I wanted to throw my laptop across the room!
The story you wove was so intimate and complex, I just want to give everyone a big hug.
TT_____TT </3

I was sick in bed today, and depressed about having to miss classes, but now I'm all fired up!
I can't wait to draw some of these incredible characters, though I won't do them justice!
>____<;;;

Thank you for writing and illustrating such a wonderful masterpiece!
I can't wait for the future updates!
q__q <33333

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas