Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
2012 resolution? surprised
Yes. surprised Another webcomic artist did say "Stop planning and do. A lot of people tend to have problems getting past the planning stages since they think too much about it."

I have scripts and character designs laid out, but I keep adding more and more to it. I may as well have a few books set up with how much writing I have versus actual stuff drawn out. User Image I guess this takes some getting used to. I did recently set up a primary font I'm going to use as well as page dimensions.

Other than that, I've always wanted to set up an art contest as well. Have any advice on what's a respectable prize threshold starting out? I'm willing to give out at least 70 million worth of stuff and I'm working on getting a few other things.
Razumi Yazura
keiiii
2012 resolution? surprised
Yes. surprised Another webcomic artist did say "Stop planning and do. A lot of people tend to have problems getting past the planning stages since they think too much about it."

I have scripts and character designs laid out, but I keep adding more and more to it. I may as well have a few books set up with how much writing I have versus actual stuff drawn out. User Image I guess this takes some getting used to. I did recently set up a primary font I'm going to use as well as page dimensions.

Other than that, I've always wanted to set up an art contest as well. Have any advice on what's a respectable prize threshold starting out? I'm willing to give out at least 70 million worth of stuff and I'm working on getting a few other things.

Generally, the more reading/ studying you want from the participants, the more expensive your prizes need to be. "Quick" stuff like avatar art contest tends to be more popular when compared to reading-intensive OC art contests of comparable prize pot, I think.

And no amount of prizes can guarantee you popularity, as this contest shows XD

I spent 10 years planning Haru-Sari, and I don't regret it because I made many substantial changes during those years. Any of the previous versions would not have been worth my time. Some people do need to just start drawing, though!

Kawaii Hunter

i'm such a bad comic maker ; w ;

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
Generally, the more reading/ studying you want from the participants, the more expensive your prizes need to be. "Quick" stuff like avatar art contest tends to be more popular when compared to reading-intensive OC art contests of comparable prize pot, I think.

And no amount of prizes can guarantee you popularity, as this contest shows XD

I spent 10 years planning Haru-Sari, and I don't regret it because I made many substantial changes during those years. Any of the previous versions would not have been worth my time. Some people do need to just start drawing, though!
I've been observing a few other contests and it's so hard to know how to gauge popularity and participation. A friend of mine recently won a few furry OC contests and the prizes were reasonably cheaper with less categories. I think one had a top prize around 2 mill with pretty decent entries in quality, but there was only a handful of entries overall.

I don't think I can stomach avatar art. My avatar isn't exactly a consistent thing on Gaia. XD I really prefer art of my story characters.

Yeah, that's pretty fair. I've had these characters for a bit over 10 years as well, but major points of the story have changed quite a bit the past three years. I am finally at a comfortable position as far as changes go, at least. I think I would be embarrassed if I started anything with how loose the plot was back when I was in High School. Things have changed quite a bit.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

8,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
On an unrelated note, why is everything I draw tonight so dark and depressing? I'm talking Silent Hill-level dark. I am not unhappy...

Kawaii Hunter

keiiii
On an unrelated note, why is everything I draw tonight so dark and depressing? I'm talking Silent Hill-level dark. I am not unhappy...

Sometimes you just have to let it happen Keiiii 0 u 0 usually good art comes from such random things <3

albeit strange emotional weirdness :3
I am seriously lacking inspiration...I guess it's time to watch some art related youtube videos
=V=;

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
Really? How are you feeling overall? Whenever I draw, it tends to reflect on my mood.
Razumi Yazura
keiiii
Really? How are you feeling overall? Whenever I draw, it tends to reflect on my mood.

Good, just a little tired. I'm guessing it's all the Criminal Minds episodes I watched during the last two days. rofl

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
Good, just a little tired. I'm guessing it's all the Criminal Minds episodes I watched during the last two days. rofl
Aah. That makes sense then. XD

Smoker

keiiii

. . かわいい。..
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
───────────────
-watches that show too sometimes-
4laugh 3nodding

User Image

Kawaii Hunter

Criminal Minds FTW~!!

=3
Posting to remind myself to enter.

Quick Reply

Submit