Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

My fear is that new visitors may be turned off by the poor quality of the first chapter and decide not to continue reading. sweatdrop If I came across something like my comic, I'm not 100% sure I'd give it a chance past the first chapter unless I was really bored.

Onnnne little problem with doing a blurb contest. I don't think I can make that thread in Art Contests, and I'm too scared to venture into the writing contests forum. It's a different forum with an entirely different culture.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
keiiii
My fear is that new visitors may be turned off by the poor quality of the first chapter and decide not to continue reading. sweatdrop If I came across something like my comic, I'm not 100% sure I'd give it a chance past the first chapter unless I was really bored.

Onnnne little problem with doing a blurb contest. I don't think I can make that thread in Art Contests, and I'm too scared to venture into the writing contests forum. It's a different forum with an entirely different culture.
Heh, the beginning of your comic is still worlds better than any of my art, I'm pretty sure the only people who would be turned off by it would be super amazing artists like you.
Bribble
keiiii

Heh, the beginning of your comic is still worlds better than any of my art, I'm pretty sure the only people who would be turned off by it would be super amazing artists like you.

XD Thank you, but I don't mean the art! I think anyone who visits the site can immediately tell that my current art (e.g. that picture of Chi-Min on the side) is much better than my old stuff. It's the writing that concerns me.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
keiiii
Bribble
keiiii

XD Thank you, but I don't mean the art! I think anyone who visits the site can immediately tell that my current art (e.g. that picture of Chi-Min on the side) is much better than my old stuff. It's the writing that concerns me.
Ah, well I didn't notice the writing at the beginning being particularly bad.

Although, now that I've just gone back and read the beginning, it makes me think that Chi-Min's betrayal might put June closer to believing what everyone said about Elves being all bad. Though she doesn't seem like that kind of person. It's just, he was the "good doctor wants to save your life" Elf proving that elves aren't all schizophrenics and psycho killers... yet he turns out to be kind of the same from her perspective, just in a more controlled way.
Bribble

Although, now that I've just gone back and read the beginning, it makes me think that Chi-Min's betrayal might put June closer to believing what everyone said about Elves being all bad. Though she doesn't seem like that kind of person. It's just, he was the "good doctor wants to save your life" Elf proving that elves aren't all schizophrenics and psycho killers... yet he turns out to be kind of the same from her perspective, just in a more controlled way.

See, that's one of the problems with the first chapter, although not a huge one. The turn of events is not going to affect June's racial perspective THAT much. It kind of does, but only a little, and it's far from being the most important change in her character. Yet the first chapter suggests otherwise.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
keiiii
Bribble

See, that's one of the problems with the first chapter, although not a huge one. The turn of events is not going to affect June's racial perspective THAT much. It kind of does, but only a little, and it's far from being the most important change in her character. Yet the first chapter suggests otherwise.
Ah, so big picture stuff like that. On the other hand, big picture things won't be noticed by first time readers, so while you may be have some readers misunderstand where the story is going, it's unlikely that they would not want to read it for that reason. It seems like the kind of thing that would only become clear after reading it multiple times.

Also, you had a lot of readers before, right? Before you stopped updating? So if they liked it well enough back then, there's no reason new readers shouldn't. Personally I found the story intriguing and unique when I first encountered it. Haru-Sari and Phoenix Requiem were the only story-based webcomics I ever followed regularly.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Oooh, look who's been spamming keiiii's comments in her comic! And how are we rewarded? With another panel!! 4laugh

See guys I think I figured it out! Just keep commenting. She'll get this comic finished soon enough! ninja

Actually I was just kinda browsing around and got lost in the comic again. emotion_kirakira

Too bad my nook browser likes to crash in the archive. Noooo. crying

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
It's nice to see updates again.
Razumi Yazura
It's nice to see updates again.

I love your avi heart

Magic GO

Whaaahh! New art is really nice! emotion_bigheart I don't believe I've ever seen the one of June and Chi-Min in your sig before, Keiiii.

And the plot thickens, I see. The new layout is a lot more lively and illustrates the comic nicely.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm excited to see what Chi-Min's uncle can do!

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
*cry* I don't have my tablet and I've felt like painting for daaaays now.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
keiiii
I don't think I can make that thread in Art Contests, and I'm too scared to venture into the writing contests forum. It's a different forum with an entirely different culture.

No one ever gave me grief over running all of the random mini contests we did in OOC (writing, RPing and just in generally really *weird*). I don't see how it could be a problem, considering any type of bumping is technically ok.

However, at the end of a contest Im sure the last thing you want to do is to have to judge and score more writing entries =PPPP Maybe take a rain check?
Oh boy, this is DEPRESSING.

I do part time private ESL tutoring... and I'm typing up the material for tomorrow's lesson, in which I will be covering the past tense of "be going to" (e.g. I was going to eat that sandwich!). I'm copying and pasting some stuff to make a template of the thing before I type in the actual contents. I JUST realized the sentence I was C&Ping was a very disturbing one, especially when it's filling your whole screen.

My screen looks like this in Word:

Quote:
Jack was going to kill himself last year, but he changed his mind when his girlfriend came back.

Jack was going to kill himself last year, but he changed his mind when his girlfriend came back.

... so on and so forth

I guess at least he changed his mind, instead of being unable to carry out his suicide because he got killed instead or got locked up in a mental hospital, etc. gonk
Katrina1185
Whaaahh! New art is really nice! emotion_bigheart I don't believe I've ever seen the one of June and Chi-Min in your sig before, Keiiii.

And the plot thickens, I see. The new layout is a lot more lively and illustrates the comic nicely.

Thanks! That one I drew specifically for the banner, so there's no full version or anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff