Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Tricky Lunatic

Whew. Alberich is done. Now I just have dominoes left. Taking my dog to the park for a break and I'll be back to finish.

Salty Rogue

ENTRY FORM (ART)

Username: [ color=emo ]
Character(s) drawn: Phoenix and Alberich
Medium used: PS CS3
Link to the submission: WOOP Different Colours
Is this a WIP?: FINISHED
Your Website: (dA gallery, etc. for crediting purposes. Leave this blank if you don't have one)
Comments: Two versions because I did that thing where I can't tell if I like the more natural looking one or the orange/blue tint one. Alberich ended up more in the shadows than I had intended, so you can't even see his ear and scar which I spent just a lil too much time on ;_;

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
wahmbulance
The shading on this dominoes picture is killing me >__> I'm going to turn in the entry and work on the Ciara one some more, cause I don't want to be stuck on this one so long that I don't finish the Ciara one. I might come and fix the shadows more later, but... agh.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Wait, I forgot to add alberich's scars, even though I was so sure I'd remember >____>

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Problem solved. And now maybe I will stop posting my every thought sweatdrop

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
"I am invisible, understand, simply because
people refuse to
see me.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx– Ralph Ellison

It's ok bribble XD the only thing I can really say about mine now is brrriiiiiiickkkks
yum_cupcake yum_tea
Current Emotion: Sleeepy. Status:Coloring frantically.

Tricky Lunatic

Bribble

Lol, it's ok. I've been posting all my random thoughts and updates too....as if anyone actually gives a rat razz

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ENTRY FORM (ART)

Username: Bribble
Character(s) drawn: Alberich, Chi-min, June, Leon, Mana, Cortinon
Medium used: Photoshop
Link to the submission: Dominoes
Is this a WIP?: I'm calling it finished, but I may want to actually give it a background if I finish the Ciara piece. But I'm unlikely to have time.
Your Website: dA
Comments: Not really >___> I did my best. It's in your hands now <__<

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Clockwork Mouse
"I am invisible, understand, simply because
people refuse to
see me.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx– Ralph Ellison

It's ok bribble XD the only thing I can really say about mine now is brrriiiiiiickkkks
yum_cupcake yum_tea
Current Emotion: Sleeepy. Status:Coloring frantically.
You and your tiny details razz

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Tanabata Wish
Bribble

Lol, it's ok. I've been posting all my random thoughts and updates too....as if anyone actually gives a rat razz

Hehe, it kind of gives a sense of community though ^_^

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Streaker 200
I know it's cheesy, but it gets that high school musical song stuck in my head. we're all in this together XD *facepalm*

And yes, I love my details. No one ever really sees them because the full size is so big but at least I know I didn't cheat XD

Loiterer

keiiii

I can't imagine her as a flower. ^^; What if... you put a red paper crane in a sealed bottle?

User Image

Flowers for peacefulness could fit, though. Maybe a dandelion growing out of that trash can since dandelions are hardy and grow everywhere? It's up to you 3nodding

About the updated WIP -- it's coming along VERY nicely. I kind of miss the soft blueness of the previous version; the update is good, but it has lost some of that storybooky feel that I mentioned. It's not super important, though (will mention what IS super important in a bit).

I really like how you handled the cat. It's so adorable. You can see it when you're looking right at it, but it doesn't distract you from the characters.

Overall, I think the main thing this picture needs is a little more focus on the characters. This picture has the same degree of value-contrast and similar colors everywhere, which downplays focus. The strong light behind the characters and Phoenix's red hair puts some focus on the figures, but it would seriously benefit from more.

When I need more focus in my picture, what I do is make an overlay layer and lightly paint on it (or play with gradients). Putting a radial gradient of warm orange over the figures, for example, will instantly separate them from the rest of the figure. If the separation is too much, you can lower the layer opacity, desaturate/ lighten/ darken the color, etc.

This shows a similar method of giving more contrast where the pic needs it. The duplicated pin light thing can be a lot of fun!

When you're adjusting focus, it's important that you see the whole picture in one screen, without having to zoom in/out or scroll around.

On a related note, I think you could darken the white boxes just a little. They stand out too much, taking focus away from the characters.

Thank you. n n
I adjusted the tones.. turned the background a touch darker, plus darkened the boxes and turned things just a tad bluer. Also, the characters are the warmest part of the picture now I think. n n! It was a touch too green in the shadows making things way too warm.
I'll see what I can do in the foreground, and hopefully painting up that last, unfinished side will set the rest of the picture in place. Then I'll finished my line art one and then maybe fiddle with Phoenix's portrait.
Thennn.. well. ouo If I have time I'll do a little something.
If anything I'll draw toddler Chi with a rubber ducky covered in bubbles. >u<
Or.. Leon in the same exact situation. LOL /squeaks the rubber duck
Totally no WIP of that, though. emotion_0A0 /flails

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Clockwork Mouse
I know it's cheesy, but it gets that high school musical song stuck in my head. we're all in this together XD *facepalm*

And yes, I love my details. No one ever really sees them because the full size is so big but at least I know I didn't cheat XD
rofl rofl I've never seen high school musical, but I can only imagine

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Omg, you guys are champions!! Keep it up, you're almost there!! whee

Here's some pie to power you through! yum_pie

mexican702's Girlfriend

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
keiiii
Whoooo boy. The contest is not even over yet, but Ladyfox and I are already having major disagreements on the winner picks. XD It's funny; we have plenty of common ground, but having that common ground somehow deepens the disagreements. How does that happen?

Sakura_Madison
keiiii

I have a little surprise for you tomorrow!!!

ninja heart

It happens at times.

Here it is!!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items