Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Aged Genius

10,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Question for keiiii:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I wasn't able to find my answer on the first page. I just wanted to know how do you feel about "what if" scenarios as subjects for contest art? A little different from predictions because I don't necessarily think that my ideas would happen in your story. I enjoy putting my characters into new scenarios out side of my actual stories just to see how they would respond and I think it would be fun to do this with your characters for a contest entry. My intention is to stay true to the characters personalities, thoughts, and feelings. I just wanted to come up with something new. Sorry for being so vague. I'd just like to make this a surprise as much as possible. :]

p.s. Hi everybody! biggrin Sorry, it's been a while since I popped up in this thread. How's everybody? :]
LadyMatrona
Question for keiiii:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I wasn't able to find my answer on the first page. I just wanted to know how do you feel about "what if" scenarios as subjects for contest art? A little different from predictions because I don't necessarily think that my ideas would happen in your story. I enjoy putting my characters into new scenarios out side of my actual stories just to see how they would respond and I think it would be fun to do this with your characters for a contest entry. My intention is to stay true to the characters personalities, thoughts, and feelings. I just wanted to come up with something new. Sorry for being so vague. I'd just like to make this a surprise as much as possible. :]

I would love to see that! I'm all for the slight AU stuff. I've been toying with such scenarios, too, even though I haven't really posted any of them online. It's fun (understatement) seeing what the same characters would do under different circumstances.

Receiver

holy shiiiiiiiiitt
Pnyuu
holy shiiiiiiiiitt

surprised Pretty princessy avatar~

Aged Genius

10,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
keiiii
LadyMatrona
Question for keiiii:

I would love to see that! I'm all for the slight AU stuff. I've been toying with such scenarios, too, even though I haven't really posted any of them online. It's fun (understatement) seeing what the same characters would do under different circumstances.

haha, yeah, fun is an understatement for me too. I probably spend the same amount of time coming up with side stories as I do working on my real one. Actually, it's turned out to be a really helpful exercise for me and there are new things that I learn about my characters that I wouldn't have found out if I had just stuck with the main plot. It ends up giving a lot more context to their characters when I get back to my real stuff anyway. :]
LadyMatrona
haha, yeah, fun is an understatement for me too. I probably spend the same amount of time coming up with side stories as I do working on my real one. Actually, it's turned out to be a really helpful exercise for me and there are new things that I learn about my characters that I wouldn't have found out if I had just stuck with the main plot. It ends up giving a lot more context to their characters when I get back to my real stuff anyway. :]

*nod nod* 3nodding

Dapper Visionary

Kawaii Hunter

IseeyouthereGoshu e___o

Dapper Visionary

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
keiiii
The angle looks great! Kind of similar to my own version of it (still in rough sketch form) but definitely different. I think his right arm could use more muscle, and the angle of his right foot seems *VERY* slightly off -- like it's pointing slightly more outward than it should be? (generally the angle of the foot tends to match the angle of the thigh)

It looks like he's looking down to see where he'd be landing, which makes sense. But to do that, wouldn't he be lowering his face too (and possibly bending his torso a little more as well)? It's not incorrectly drawn or anything, but more of a logical/natural pose issue.

His nose looks like it could be a bit bigger. Not sure if that's affected by the smudge ^^

Thanks for the feedback. I shall attempt to tweak those aspects and post again.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Reeeally sucks when this thread doesn't update for me. crying

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500