Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Razumi Yazura
keiiii
The fun thing about those poses is that they're not random; they are all poses natural/typical of HS characters, except they're all mixed up. Can you identify the right pose with the right character? XD
I'm horrible and the only one that pops right out at me is that it looks like Chi-Min is posed in a way that Mana would...I think. I'm horrible and need to think this over. I blame all my overtime at work since I am at work right now.

But this...is actually a good exercise, though. I need to do something like this for my characters as drawing practice...

It is a great exercise. I'm doing a new one (the ones uploaded are from years ago) soon-ish.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
It is a great exercise. I'm doing a new one (the ones uploaded are from years ago) soon-ish.
I think I would do poses that fit the characters first and then another set with mixed personalities/poses. A flirty Jikal would be horribly OOC that I just have to try and see what that would look like.
Razumi Yazura
keiiii
I think I would do poses that fit the characters first and then another set with mixed personalities/poses. A flirty Jikal would be horribly OOC that I just have to try and see what that would look like.

There's flirty, and there's character A's specific version of flirty. I'd love to see what you do with this pose thing!

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
There's flirty, and there's character A's specific version of flirty. I'd love to see what you do with this pose thing!
Haha. Well, Raz is generally flirtatious and silly. Jikal is rather serious and prude. A personality swap between the two would be interesting.

Tricky Lunatic

keiiii

Here is a WIP of my entry. Its still pretty rough except for the top left and bottom right pannels. Alberich is going to eventually have some dominoes in front of him. And the black lines are more of a guide--I'll figure something out for the border later.
Constructive criticism = heart
From anyone, not just keiiii.
I think Cortinon's head is a bit too large and Alberich's hand obviously needs some help. I hate drawing hands gonk What else could I improve here?

Oh, and I also wanted to make sure it's big enough. The actual image is pretty big on my computer (and needs to be so you can see the characters on the side since they're pretty small compared to Alberich) but when I sent it to my phone to upload it....I know nothing about technology but it looks really small and pixelated when I zoom in. Just curious if it looks ok from your end. I wish I could just check it out on a computer but the library is closed now and I only have internet on my phone.

Sweetheart

Tanabata Wish

Ohhhh... I see what you mean about the characters being separate.

You'll probably want the finished submission bigger. I think you'll want to show some of the details better, like the faces. ^^

Good luck with the domino tiles. gonk I wanted to do a picture of Alberich standing behing a table full of domino tiles, but put the idea in the back burner because... %$#&(%&#$. It would take forever to get the perspective right. And I don't feel confident enough to just wing it.

You're right; Cortinon's head is too big. And the seam that runs along the center of his coat is a little lopsided too. Try flipping the image horizontally to see if you can see the lopsidedness better that way.

And even though hands can be a pain, I really think you should do something about Leon's pose to show his hands, and same with Alberich and his other arm. Right now most of the poses seem like you were deliberately (or at least subconsciously) avoiding the hands, and that's not a good thing. Chi-Min's pose is quite natural and even typical for him, so that's perfect. Cortinon, no problem. Mana and Leon... they usually don't stand around that way, but I think Mana's pose will be okay if you change Leon's and Alberich's.

Leon looks like he's fidgeting with that raised leg. He rarely fidgets, and when he does, it's on a smaller scale, only involving small body parts like fingers or foot. Remember, he was
created and raised to fight/hunt...
so there's usually this tense, ready-for-battle feel to his poses. The way he's standing in the height chart is a good example. It's not exactly a fighting stance, but not a normal guy stance either.

The biggest issue IMO with Alberich's hand is fortunately very easy to fix. It's too small in relation to his head. Just shrinking his head a little should fix it, since the rest of his body seems a little small too. If you want to change the hand more, I'd recommend looking in the mirror and using your own hand as a reference. Try doing several quick warm up sketches using the mirror and see if it helps you find the rhythm, so to speak.

As for his other arm, how about placing it on the table, or making him hold 1-3 domino tiles in that hand?

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
keiiii
Kuyusi
I am! ^-^ -waves-

I think I'll just do some character art, the comic thing has become pretty much impossible due to the fact that I'm doing my own webcomic now (www.findkelleygreen.com if you're interested :3) so I haven't got the time to go all-out like I'd want to.

I like that idea a lot, because the way your characters carry themselves is something super important that people could get wrong pretty easily. When you're drawing up a pose for someone else's character it can be hard to determine based on description alone what type of posing they tend to do.

Oooh! I will be checking out your comic later today. *adds to todo list*

In the meantime, take a look at this intentionally wrong collection of poses. rofl
June is Chi-Min?

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Tanabata Wish
keiiii

Here is a WIP of my entry. Its still pretty rough except for the top left and bottom right pannels. Alberich is going to eventually have some dominoes in front of him. And the black lines are more of a guide--I'll figure something out for the border later.
Constructive criticism = heart
From anyone, not just keiiii.
I think Cortinon's head is a bit too large and Alberich's hand obviously needs some help. I hate drawing hands gonk What else could I improve here?

Oh, and I also wanted to make sure it's big enough. The actual image is pretty big on my computer (and needs to be so you can see the characters on the side since they're pretty small compared to Alberich) but when I sent it to my phone to upload it....I know nothing about technology but it looks really small and pixelated when I zoom in. Just curious if it looks ok from your end. I wish I could just check it out on a computer but the library is closed now and I only have internet on my phone.
gonk gonk gonk This is so close to the concept for the entry I've been working on for decades emo emo emo Oh well, I'm still going to finish it, but... please don't think I stole it from you ;__; you trust me, right?

Tricky Lunatic

keiiii
Tanabata Wish

Ohhhh... I see what you mean about the characters being separate.

You'll probably want the finished submission bigger. I think you'll want to show some of the details better, like the faces. ^^

Good luck with the domino tiles. gonk I wanted to do a picture of Alberich standing behing a table full of domino tiles, but put the idea in the back burner because... %$#&(%&#$. It would take forever to get the perspective right. And I don't feel confident enough to just wing it.

You're right; Cortinon's head is too big. And the seam that runs along the center of his coat is a little lopsided too. Try flipping the image horizontally to see if you can see the lopsidedness better that way.

And even though hands can be a pain, I really think you should do something about Leon's pose to show his hands, and same with Alberich and his other arm. Right now most of the poses seem like you were deliberately (or at least subconsciously) avoiding the hands, and that's not a good thing. Chi-Min's pose is quite natural and even typical for him, so that's perfect. Cortinon, no problem. Mana and Leon... they usually don't stand around that way, but I think Mana's pose will be okay if you change Leon's and Alberich's.

Leon looks like he's fidgeting with that raised leg. He rarely fidgets, and when he does, it's on a smaller scale, only involving small body parts like fingers or foot. Remember, he was
created and raised to fight/hunt...
so there's usually this tense, ready-for-battle feel to his poses. The way he's standing in the height chart is a good example. It's not exactly a fighting stance, but not a normal guy stance either.

The biggest issue IMO with Alberich's hand is fortunately very easy to fix. It's too small in relation to his head. Just shrinking his head a little should fix it, since the rest of his body seems a little small too. If you want to change the hand more, I'd recommend looking in the mirror and using your own hand as a reference. Try doing several quick warm up sketches using the mirror and see if it helps you find the rhythm, so to speak.

As for his other arm, how about placing it on the table, or making him hold 1-3 domino tiles in that hand?

Hmmm...maybe my phone shrinks images or something, because you can actually zoom in and see faces fairly well. I'll be sure to upload from a computer when I submit the finished piece.

Awesome feedback, thank you. You make a good point about the hands. I guess for me it came down to a question of: do I show hands and have them all look like crap, or do I hide them so they don't ruin the picture? sweatdrop I'll play around with it and see if I can do anything different. I was considering redrawing Leon anyways because he looks wierd to me...too skinny and not muscular enough, and his face just looks wierd. So I'll try to do better posing of him when I do.

Thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it a lot

Edit: worked out some of the issues you mentioned with cortinon and alberich. link

Tricky Lunatic

Bribble
gonk gonk gonk This is so close to the concept for the entry I've been working on for decades emo emo emo Oh well, I'm still going to finish it, but... please don't think I stole it from you ;__; you trust me, right?

Yeah, I figured I wouldn't be the only one to come up with something like this.
keiiii

I've done about 3 submissions and looking back at them, I'm not that happy about them. Maybe it's because I've improved in different aspects and I now know a bit more about the human body. I'd like to send in more submissions but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to send in more atm. Am I?

If I am, I've got some sketches I'd like to show you for some constructive criticism. I'm sketching for the Couple Category and the 'Best Scene Overall' Category.

My Questions;

Couple Category; Which two characters would fit this bill the best? From my perspective, It'd have to be Chi-Min and June or Leon and June. But I think I'm more into the Chi-MinXJune idea since I consider them to have more caring feelings for each other.

Best Scene Overall; I'm thinking of drawing June in a scene where the memories of her mother sort of haunts her. If I'm correct, didn't Chi-Min
'kill' June's mother?

I had an Idea of June watching a mother and a daughter having a cute moment together on the street or something like that. So, do you have any hepful advices I could use for this category?

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Tanabata Wish
Bribble

Great minds think alike 3nodding Well, mine has a completely different layout anyway, so it might come across differently. I hope so! I don't want to intrude on your uniqueness ._.

Tricky Lunatic

Bribble
Tanabata Wish
Bribble

Great minds think alike 3nodding Well, mine has a completely different layout anyway, so it might come across differently. I hope so! I don't want to intrude on your uniqueness ._.

Same. whee I look forward to seeing yours though 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces