Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

keiiii
OoT is the one that had me really immersed, but I have to admit subsequent Zelda games have surpassed it in quite a few aspects, objectively speaking. Each game had its strong points and favorite memories. It's much easier to list favorite things about each title!

OoT - overall experience, Nintendo's amazing ability to use 3-Dness to their advantage and really incorporate it into the gameplay. OoT came out back when 3D was new, so this is pretty significant.

MM - story and atmosphere. It kind of felt out of place considering the rest of the series... like a side story? But it was nice nonetheless. 3nodding

TP - I loved Midna and the 3Dness of the sky temple after you get the hookshot upgrade. It was hell on me, actually, because of my lack of spacial intelligence, but I was just so impressed with it. I also loved the part where Link walks into the moblin town and a very Western battle ensues. XD

SS - the presentation of the world, graphically and musically. And not just because it had the most advanced (? kind of debatable with TP) graphics. And the Lanayru MF might be my favorite dungeon in the entire series.

: SS could have been my favorite if it weren't so linear. I don't necessarily hate linear gameplay, but the one thing I have loved about Zelda games is the exploration; linearity and exploration kind of cancel each other out.

I'm missing out a big time on the handheld titles, aren't I D:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yeah, I know what you mean about OoT.
I loved it when it first came out and I loved replaying it.
I actually still want to get it for my 3Ds.

*lol* I loved the shoot-out.
My kids loved watching Link ride the spinner.

After playing through all the other games I don't evern remember that dungeon. ^^;
I do love the Zelda music for sure.

I'm missing out on the handheld titles too.
I have added the DS ones to my amazon wishlist now that I have a 3DS though. whee
piyuu-chan
Hey keii ;w; do you only link in/out to other contests?~ i have an auction that i would like to display here and there, but i'm also sure it will benefit your art contest more lol <3 ;w; quote me back to let me know, thanks :3

Sure! Is it the joint auction in your sig? surprised
Tanabata Wish
I have a pretty cool idea (I think) for this contest but I keep putting it off to do other things. Mainly because it's a huge undertaking and I don't even think my art skills are good enough to do it any justice. sweatdrop
Someone needs to crack a whip on me and tell me to get going. razz

I know the feeling. Been there so many times myself. When I face that problem, though, I just tell myself by the time my skills improve enough to do this idea justice, I will have improved conceptually as well... meaning I'll have even better ideas and will have the same problem of being unable to do my best ideas justice. It's not exactly a comforting thought, but somehow, it helps me push myself through the doubts!

Tricky Lunatic

keiiii
Tanabata Wish
I have a pretty cool idea (I think) for this contest but I keep putting it off to do other things. Mainly because it's a huge undertaking and I don't even think my art skills are good enough to do it any justice. sweatdrop
Someone needs to crack a whip on me and tell me to get going. razz

I know the feeling. Been there so many times myself. When I face that problem, though, I just tell myself by the time my skills improve enough to do this idea justice, I will have improved conceptually as well... meaning I'll have even better ideas and will have the same problem of being unable to do my best ideas justice. It's not exactly a comforting thought, but somehow, it helps me push myself through the doubts!

That's certainly a more productive way to look at it

Sparkling Cutie-Pie

16,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Oh, I really need to frequent this thread more. I also need to start on art for it.... Been here since it opened. Still haven't done art for it. neutral

Waaaay too much procrastination going on.
Sam Skip Sam
Great contest! It's been a few years for me, but I would love to contribute some artwork!! I have a few questions about Fox's characters.. I hope I haven't missed these anywhere.

What color are the lotuses? Do they have any special properties (glowing, etc)?

Nope, as far as appearances are concerned, they are just regular old lotuses, white to pinkish.

Quote:
Do you have any referential imagery for how you imagine the buildings of this world, such as the university or the home of the old man?

Thanks!! smile

Alas, no images for architecture. The LANDSCAPE Around the old man's home was red rock country,. But as for buildings, I leave that in your hands. Keep n mind that a lot of people live in some form of communal housing (ie, apartment or 4-plex or whatever type setups) and these communal housing complexes tend to be built around a tree. The university is a mix of the kind of buildings you'd expect to see on an old European university campuses, such as Oxford or Cambridge. The other half are built of glass, to accommodate large trees and gardens to power the spells for various research projects.

I hope that helped.
That's perfect, thank you! smile

Popular Regular

screw it I am going to give this a try smile

Special Snowflake

You should!!

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Jenannen
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I just like things to stay done once I do them.
I can't keep my kids from messing up things behind me,
laundry and dishes neve end,
but in a game if I get somethign done i want it to stay done. *lol*

Haha... I can understand that. ^^

Diluted_Virtues

Dooo eeeet. :3
Diluted_Virtues

W00t! Looking forward to seeing the result biggrin

Sand Dancer Shaka
You should!!

Such sexiness in your sig! surprised

Special Snowflake

Sand Dancer Shaka
You should!!

Such sexiness in your sig! surprised
Why, thank you! wink wink
I definitely tried for it! xd Here's the big version for the lolz

(I thought that much musculature would be too much for commission or contest art! .. or is it?)
Sand Dancer Shaka
(I thought that much musculature would be too much for commission or contest art! .. or is it?)

Well, I can't speak for other contests, but here at SIS we like muscles emotion_dowant
Wait, how come in your description it says you won't be drawing for a year eek gonk

Special Snowflake

keiiii
Sand Dancer Shaka

Well, I can't speak for other contests, but here at SIS we like muscles emotion_dowant

Oh really? emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira That's awesome! .. Maybe I should've asked sooner >.<

^^;; I've gone back to Uni after an education hiatus, and am studying Pharmacy this time (animation first time around). I found the course to be so, so intense that last academic year I drew the whole of one fully coloured picture and a couple of doodles! So with this being my second year I think it'll be even harder u__u; so art has to take another years hiatus as a result!

It's so hard to take art hiatus, because when I get stressed I have to draw... but if I draw I don't study! xd

But! If I do find I have the time before the contest end, I may try to pump out another art for the contest if I can 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff