Welcome to Gaia! ::

yeah, when i was talking to him on AIM i told him that yours was great...but...
Spartacus99
yeah, when i was talking to him on AIM i told him that yours was great...but...

Wow. Nonexistant reasons. Thanks.

That was sarcasm. I have to let you know that because it seems it doesn't travel well on the internet.

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
good job to the winners...i know mine were bad, and i could tell he didn't like 'em, oh well xd

i did like your's alot NanakiBH!!! 3nodding
i thought they were the best to be honest : /
horrific_goddess
good job to the winners...i know mine were bad, and i could tell he didn't like 'em, oh well xd

Thank you. heart That's what I'm thinking too. Thing is, it's like when we had art contests in middle school when the kids would vote for the one that "looked cool" because it involved a cool action or their friend made it. It had nothing to do with the quality of the work. I won most of the time because the people actually knew me. I tied with a ******** Sponge Bob once because it was "cool". ninja That's why I like professional contests. At least their judging is reasonable. xd

I'm not exactly putting down who won though. They're nice and all, but I don't see how I'm not in the top. neutral
NanakiBH
horrific_goddess

Thank you. heart That's what I'm thinking too. Thing is, it's like when we had art contests in middle school when the kids would vote for the one that "looked cool" because it involved a cool action or their friend made it. It had nothing to do with the quality of the work. I won most of the time because the people actually knew me. I tied with a ******** Sponge Bob once because it was "cool". ninja That's why I like professional contests. At least their judging is reasonable. xd

I'm not exactly putting down who won though. They're nice and all, but I don't see how I'm not in the top. neutral

Seriously.

I just went and looked at your entries, and compared them to the winners.

First place is dynamic, I like it, and second place is drawn well, and it's pretty cool.

Yours. Compared to the winners, no, you should not have doubts as to why you're not in the top. It doesn't compare. It maybe a somewhat close comparison, but the only one of your entries that might have had a chance just doesn't look like the avatar, in the first place. Yes, it is a good picture, but the winners were better.
Alexandrea Zenne
NanakiBH
horrific_goddess

Seriously.

First place is dynamic, I like it, and second place is drawn well, and it's pretty cool.

Yours. Compared to the winners, no, you should not have doubts as to why you're not in the top. It doesn't compare. It maybe a somewhat close comparison, but the only one of your entries that might have had a chance just doesn't look like the avatar, in the first place. Yes, it is a good picture, but the winners were better.

gonk I hate it when i cause fights. I just picked the ones i thought were the best crying
Yes, i appreciate all of your entries, but im sorry i could get something from all of you crying
Heitaki

gonk I hate it when i cause fights. I just picked the ones i thought were the best crying

It's not your fault, some people are little pissants every now and then. You were right in your choices, some people just...I dunno, sore losers. If she ever thinks about this contest again a long while down the road, she might start to see why it wasn't the best. I know it's taken me some time to figure out why some things I do weren't winners in other contests, but eventually I figure it out (one day). Although with that knowledge, I don't say anything at the time to not to be a little piss about it. sweatdrop

biggrin
Alexandrea Zenne
Heitaki

It's not your fault, some people are little pissants every now and then. You were right in your choices, some people just...I dunno, sore losers. If she ever thinks about this contest again a long while down the road, she might start to see why it wasn't the best. I know it's taken me some time to figure out why some things I do weren't winners in other contests, but eventually I figure it out (one day). Although with that knowledge, I don't say anything at the time to not to be a little piss about it. sweatdrop

biggrin

I just want to say thanks to everyone who didnt complain and im sorry to the people who feel they should have won but they didnt... stressed
Heitaki
Alexandrea Zenne
NanakiBH
horrific_goddess

Seriously.

To bad, it's on now. "BATTLE ON!"

Okay, here's my defense for her comment.

1st picture: The pose is impossible. I just tried to stand like that and fell on my a**. It is dynamic, but it has horrible anatomy. It's disproportionate. The coloring isn't the greatest.

2nd picture: Creative style. I would have actually chosen it to be in the top myself. Still, my main beef with it is the hands... and his belt is magically on top of the shirt.

All of my anatomy is correct and I freaking invented the way I colored it. (I only say that because I've never seen anyone else use MS Paint and make it look like mine does.) My color is perfect... I still have to figure out the placement of tinted colors though... Okay, well that first picture was a little messed up on that one arm. I drew the line a little crooked. sweatdrop

Personally, I would have switched their order. That other guy deserved first... That is, if I wasn't up there. gonk

Now, we're all entitled to opinions, but mine just kicked your a**.

*cough* Now, not to think I'm not still mad at you, Heitaki, because I am. Damn, I'm going to just go make an art shop, charge insane prices, and earn more gold than the prize was worth. Why not do that to begin with? I'm lazy, that's why. It would have saved me a lot of time.

Ah, and just to let you all know, if I sound evil now, I have mild MPD that kicks in to defend me. xd

Well, this is one of those situations where it's like those people who love Ashley Simpson or Avril. Horrible music, they can't sing, yet they have people who like them. "They look cool and they put effort into what they do." Apply that to the art and you'll get what I mean. It's art, but not all art is good. You can get a glimpse of something good through both of the winners, but they're missing something. (For Avril, she's missing a LOT.) I'm not saying that mine is sent from Heaven. I learn all the time, but dammit, I deserved it. Art contests are about skill, not... 'cool factor'.

I'm not even greedy, I don't even care now that I didn't win the prize. I care that I didn't get the title. It's the principle of the thing.

There. surprised heart
im just happy to see all the pieces
Alexandrea Zenne
Heitaki

It's not your fault, some people are little *fluffy bunnies* every now and then. You were right in your choices, some people just...I dunno, sore losers. If she ever thinks about this contest again a long while down the road, she might start to see why it wasn't the best. I know it's taken me some time to figure out why some things I do weren't winners in other contests, but eventually I figure it out (one day). Although with that knowledge, I don't say anything at the time to not to be a little *fluffy bunnies* about it. sweatdrop

biggrin

I went through that and replaced the word 'piss' with the words 'fluffy bunnies' for your viewing enjoyment.

Well now, you don't know me... so apparently you don't know my scorn. I will hold something for a LONG time. That means FOREVER. I remember every time something like this has happened and I react the same way on every account, because I'm right, and I know I'm right. Do I have an inflated ego? Hell yeah. But, I am right. A year from now, <b>you'll</b> be the loser seeing how right I was.

Like on OhioDDR.com. It's a pretty ghey website, but there was this one time... This one guy named Pimp started to bash me because... damn, I don't even remember. All I can remember was how much I hated him. Funny thing is, he could give a witty reason for why I sucked every time I talked. The other people laughed at me, but they didn't necessarily agree with anything they said. A while later... maybe a month, they banned him because they finally realised I was right. It wasn't just him bashing me, it was a situation like this... I think it had something to do with the <i>way</i> I played the game. *shrug* I was about to leave it as is, but apparently they saw it my way. Uhh... there were some other times, but those people were just stubborn idiots. Damn Hawaiian woman. gonk

Well, there's my rant. I'm not even ranting with that, I just like to talk. sweatdrop It's more like rambling. I do that in person too.

I'll just shut up with this quote now. I could spend another hour just talking to myself.

Oh, and I will cover it all for you.

I SUCK.
I CAN'T DEBATE.
I'M A b***h.
I'M UNREASONABLE.

There. Now you can't use those against me because I admit to it myself. I won't disagree. xd heart Anyway, Heitaki, none of this is against you anymore. I'm just saying I have a right to be p.o.ed.
Hyn
im just happy to see all the pieces

I actually like you now because you didn't win. heart *hug* xd I'm so odd.
NanakiBH
Heitaki
Alexandrea Zenne
NanakiBH
horrific_goddess

Seriously.

To bad, it's on now. "BATTLE ON!"

Okay, here's my defense for her comment.

1st picture: The pose is impossible. I just tried to stand like that and fell on my a**. It is dynamic, but it has horrible anatomy. It's disproportionate. The coloring isn't the greatest.

In that case, I just tried that pose and I didn't fall on my a**. Perhaps I'm better balanced, or I knew what I meant by 'dynamic.'
Quote:

2nd picture: Creative style. I would have actually chosen it to be in the top myself. Still, my main beef with it is the hands... and his belt is magically on top of the shirt.

I had a belt that does that. neutral Yeah, the hand is too big, but let's go to your pic before we rag on proportions.

Quote:
All of my anatomy is correct and I freaking invented the way I colored it. (I only say that because I've never seen anyone else use MS Paint and make it look like mine does.) My color is perfect... I still have to figure out the placement of tinted colors though... Okay, well that first picture was a little messed up on that one arm. I drew the line a little crooked. sweatdrop

Head is too big. Neck is too long. Eyes in wrong place. Arm seems to be bent funny. Don't care if your reply is 'it's the style,' you said 'anatomy is correct.'

Oh, wow, we made the picture big, coloured, it and made it small so the lines are smooth. Original. And if not that, well, your method is either harder or eaiser but attains the same effect.

Quote:
Personally, I would have switched their order. That other guy deserved first...
Perhaps, but it was close.

Quote:
That is, if I wasn't up there. gonk

Now, we're all entitled to opinions, but mine just kicked your a**.

This is something you wait to say until the battle is over and your opponent cannot reply (for future reference).

[quote}
*cough* Now, not to think I'm not still mad at you, Heitaki, because I am. Damn, I'm going to just go make an art shop, charge insane prices, and earn more gold than the prize was worth. Why not do that to begin with? I'm lazy, that's why. It would have saved me a lot of time.

Ah, and just to let you all know, if I sound evil now, I have mild MPD that kicks in to defend me. xd

Well, this is one of those situations where it's like those people who love Ashley Simpson or Avril. Horrible music, they can't sing, yet they have people who like them. "They look cool and they put effort into what they do." Apply that to the art and you'll get what I mean. It's art, but not all art is good. You can get a glimpse of something good through both of the winners, but they're missing something. (For Avril, she's missing a LOT.) I'm not saying that mine is sent from Heaven. I learn all the time, but dammit, I deserved it. Art contests are about skill, not... 'cool factor'.

I'm not even greedy, I don't even care now that I didn't win the prize. I care that I didn't get the title. It's the principle of the thing.

There. surprised heart

Bad design does not make up for effort. It is partly about the cool effect. That's all I have to say. heart
Wow. This is the reason I don't really want to end my contest neutral

NanakiBH, your entries may have been better, but to her, she preferred the other styles to yours. Thats all. I personally kind of like your style... but this is nothing to go crazy about O_o its just a January letter and a wallet.

I'd expect this in the million gold first prize contests.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff