Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unstoppable Tipper

User Image

Well hi there. o.o
My boyfriend and I have been wanting art of our avatars together,
so we thought we'd give an art contest a shot~ ^^
I've never been good with introductiony stuff, so uh...
Thanks for checking out our contest, and good luck to all entrants~ ^^

Also, be sure to stop by our quest thread! heart
User Image

Table of Contents
User Image

Please follow these like you would follow Gaia Terms and their Rules.

General Thread Rules:

• Be nice and courteous to everyone, no matter what.
  • Please keep cursing to a minimum.
  • Ask before advertising your own thread (ask to affiliate us? ^^). Advertising in your signature is, of course, allowed.
  • No spamming
  • No page stretching
  • Please do not bump excessively. This forum does not move very fast.
  • Try to chat, rather than bumping, when possible.

Contest-Specific Rules:

• Each entry should include one of Nyaoista's avatars and one of Prince of Hyrule's. That is, all pieces should be couple art. (Not necessarily lovey-coupley stuff, but two people per artwork.)
  • Each artist may enter no more than six times - three general entries, and one for each of the holiday themes.
  • Please post entries in the thread.
  • WIPs are welcome, but not required.
  • No nudity please o.o;
  • All art styles are accepted~ However, chibi art is not likely to win the top prizes. Unless you seriously wow us.

• END DATE: December 30, 2013
  • If we have less than 10 entries by September 13th, the contest will be extended to December 30th.
  • If the deadline is approaching and you're running out of time, please contact Nyaoista and we'll see about extending the deadline for you.

More rules can and will be added as needed.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask - preferably in the thread, but if you feel the need, you may also PM Nyaoista.

Unstoppable Tipper

User Image

Every entry gets a prize!

• Grand Prize: 6,000,000 gold, 1 RIG bundle, and 2 monthly collectible letters
  • First Place: 3,000,000 gold, 1 RIG bundle, and 1 monthly collectible letter
  • Second Place: 1,500,000 gold, 1 RIG bundle, and 1 monthly collectible letter
  • Third Place: 750,000 gold, 1 RIG bundle, and 1 monthly collectible letter

Note: Each of these top four prizes will be awarded to different artists. That is, the Grand Prize winner may not also win the First, Second, or Third Place prizes, etc.
    However, it is still possible for one of the above winners to also receive a lesser prize.

• Fourth Place: 300,000 gold, 4 RIGs, and 1 monthly collectible letter
  • Fifth - Tenth Places: 75,000 gold, 1 RIG, and 1 monthly collectible letter
  • The top 25% of all remaining entries will each receive 1 RIG and 1 monthly collectible letter.

Note: In the event that the number of remaining entries is not evenly divisible by four, the number included in the "top 25%" will be rounded up, in favor of the entrants.
    That is, if, for example, there are five remaining entries, so that the top 25% would be 1.25 entries, that will be rounded up to the top 2.

• Remaining entries after all other prizes have been given out will receive 1 RIG each.

Theme Prizes:
    The best piece of artwork submitted for each theme will receive 1 monthly collectible letter.
    The same artist may win more than one theme.
    Entries awarded these prizes will still be eligible for all regular prizes - this is simply a side prize and does not count against you in any way.

Referral Prize:
    For each artist who says that you referred them here (and actually enters in the contest), you will receive 1,000 gold.
    I think it goes without saying that you cannot refer yourself, so please don't try using a mule to do so. ._.

Current Prize Pool:
    October 2012 monthly collectible - Ghastly Instruments/Mournful Wail (x3)
    October 2012 RIG bundle - Dark Reflection 2 (x2)
    October 2012 RIG - Dark Reflection 2 (x3)
    November 2012 monthly collectible - Sunset Spirit/Prince Cardinalis (x3)
    November 2012 RIG bundle - Cryptic Path (x2)
    November 2012 RIG - Dark Reflection 2 (x3)
    December 2012 monthly collectible - Princesse Honoré/Old Nikolas (x3)
    December 2012 RIG bundle - Trinket Heart (x2)
    December 2012 RIG - Trinket Heart (x3)
    July 2013 RIG bundle - Carnival Du Gothique

The pool will be added to occasionally; bundles will be opened as needed.
    The winners will get their choice from our collection, with the top winners getting first pick.
User Image

All images link to tektek. If there seems to be a discrepancy between what was posted and the tektek, please draw according to the posted image.
Tektek does not always layer things properly and such, so it is linked to merely as an item listing tool.

Nyaoista's Avatars
Scythe or whip should be in the right hand. But feel free to leave them out if you don't want to include them. o.o You're also free to leave out the blood or scars, or any excess items such as sparkles, leaves, etc. if you wish.
Bracelets should be on the left wrist, and armlets on the right arm.
If you see me wearing an avatar not shown here that you would be interested in drawing, ask me about it! ^^
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Prince of Hyrule's Avatars
The person behind the avatar is, in fact, male. As such, all avatars may be drawn as either male or female. (Note from Nyaoista: I prefer him to be drawn male, but this does not mean that you cannot draw him female, or that you cannot win if you draw him female. Amazing art is amazing regardless of gender. =p But please, no lovey coupley stuff if he is drawn female. o.o; I am not a lesbian, and though I've absolutely nothing against them, I would rather not be depicted as such. ^^;;)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I would love art of either of these two avatars! While my others are still perfectly acceptable, these two would be very much preferred. =)
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image (Please note, if you draw this avatar without the mask, that it also has the stage makeup and the Edmund SDPlus wound.)

Matching Avatars
While these avatars were made specifically to at least somewhat match each other, they may also be paired with one of the above avatars.
Set 1
User Image User Image
Nyaoista | | | Prince of Hyrule

Set 2
User Image User Image

Set 3
User Image User Image

Set 4 (designed by YamiTyger)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Unstoppable Tipper

User Image

We will have three holiday themes throughout our contest: Halloween, Christmas, and New Year's.
We will post avatars specific to each, and the themes will last about a month or so.
The best entry for each theme will win a monthly collectible letter of the relevant month (October 2012, December 2012, January 2013).
Like regular entries, artwork submitted for the holiday themes should include both Nyaoista and Prince of Hyrule.
Each entrant may submit one entry for each holiday theme.
These entries will also be eligible for regular prizes. <3

Current Theme:

Nyaoista's Avatars:

Prince of Hyrule's Avatars:

End Date:
Any entries submitted after the end date with these avatars will still be eligible for the regular contest prizes,
but the theme prize will be given out on the end date, so late submissions will forfeit their chance at that.
If you want to enter but are running low on time to finish, please PM me, Nyaoista, and we'll see what we can do.

Avatars from previous themes may still be drawn,
and will be eligible for all regular prizes,
but they will no longer be eligible for the extra letter.
Halloween
User ImageUser Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image
Entry (and winner by default): the asparagas

Christmas
Nyaoista's Avatars:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prince of Hyrule's Avatars:
For the avatar with the long curly pink hair (prima poppet), the hat should cover the buns,
and for the one with the blue hair (danseuse enchantee), the hat should cover the circles of hair on the top.
o.o;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Entry (and winner by default): Phanna

User Image

List of Entrants

Unstoppable Tipper

User Image

awesome people, frequent visitors, etc

• YamiTyger

Also, I think I'll keep a list of Referrers here. =)
  • Tamako Jen - referred Phanna
User Image

Link us? <3
(and be sure to let us know, so we can link back to you o.o)
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/t.82662201][img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc487/carinacarabina/banners/affiliate-2.png[/img][/url]

User Image
User Image

Unstoppable Tipper

reserved in case i realize i forgot something and need more posts
User Image

I claim this post in the name of my Jaime. o. o

Unstoppable Tipper

crazy...o.o
User Image

I reserve this post in the name a Doctor.

Unstoppable Tipper

User Image

Reserved in the name of Sam Winchester.

Unstoppable Tipper

guess dean doesn't get one then, cause this should be the last post on this page...o.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff